H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-03-2005, 09:21 PM

- CHRIS - is off the scale

Hey, I was wondering where I would go about getting this GMID Discount that I've been hearing so much about?

I'm planning on buying an H3 by the end of this month, or so. I went to a dealership in Sacramento yesterday (Mike Daugherty Chevrolet).. and they wouldn't budge at all from the MSRP price. I asked the dealer about the GMID discount, but he stated it's not eligible for the '06 H3. Yet I've heard some people are able to use them elsewhere?

My intentions are on getting a birch white lux w/ a cashmere interior. It was goin for around 37,2. Know of any places here in California that accepts the discount (if I can ever find it) Would be greatly appreciated to hear from my fellow H3'yers' Thanks.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:21 PM

Hey, I was wondering where I would go about getting this GMID Discount that I've been hearing so much about?

I'm planning on buying an H3 by the end of this month, or so. I went to a dealership in Sacramento yesterday (Mike Daugherty Chevrolet).. and they wouldn't budge at all from the MSRP price. I asked the dealer about the GMID discount, but he stated it's not eligible for the '06 H3. Yet I've heard some people are able to use them elsewhere?

My intentions are on getting a birch white lux w/ a cashmere interior. It was goin for around 37,2. Know of any places here in California that accepts the discount (if I can ever find it) Would be greatly appreciated to hear from my fellow H3'yers' Thanks.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

H3 is eligible for GMID, Supplier and GMS (GM employee discount...GM employee or sponsored Dependant). Call around, some dealers will, some dealers won't, sell at a discount.

If you find a dealer that will sell GMID, send me an email, and I'll forward you my GM email, and then you can send me the information required: last four of your social security number, and date of birth. Then I send you the authorization number (the system sends it too).
However, please make sure to have a dealer confirm they will accept. I, and all other GM employees are only allowed two per month, and I really hate to waste one, but have no problem giving them out.
Wish you luck in finding a dealer.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:57 PM

When i call dealerships they usually give me the say, "the GMID discount is only available for the '05 makes. so let's say you want an H2, then we'd be able to accomodate you with that, but the '06 H3 is high in the market; so we don't accept the discount for '06 models." in a nice way I guess?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

there's only a few of us out there taking GMID numbers on 06s...

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 08-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by - CHRIS -:
When i call dealerships they usually give me the say, "the GMID discount is only available for the '05 makes. so let's say you want an H2, then we'd be able to accomodate you with that, but the '06 H3 is high in the market; so we don't accept the discount for '06 models." in a nice way I guess? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what you are saying, it sounds like they are getting the old GM employee pricing for everyone promotion confused with GMID.
Have the sales manager contact their field representative, and hopefully, he/she can straighten out the differences.
Problem with many dealerships in areas where there are few GM employees, or few GM suppliers is that they do not deal in these types of discounts everyday.
Good example is here in the Detroit area, probably 50% of a dealers sales are to an employee, an employee's eligible sponsored Dependant, neighbor of an employee or an actual GM supplier (this is true for GM/Ford/Chrysler).
Get outside of this area, and it these discounts are not that common. When Saturn first started in TN, this was the case, the dealers were not familiar with the programs, after a few years, they advertised to these authorized people that they wanted this type of business.
My advice is to call around and get a sales manager who is willing to contact their field person or district office to clarify the situation.
All I can say is I do know for a fact, GMID/GM Supplier and GMS is available on the H3.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:37 PM

h3\'er is off the scale

Chris, I replied to your question in another thread, Sounds like we are both In Sac. I had to go to the Bay Area. I got the same run around from Daugherty.

Drop me an email i pretty much bought the same vehicle you as you are looking for in the Bay Area.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:14 AM

pedzola is off the scale

I'm also hoping to find somebody who will provide me w/a GMID cert. I would love to pick up an H3, but I think the discount is the deciding factor for me!!

So f5fstop if you think you or another one of your GM coworkers could swing one of these for me I would be very grateful. I will find a GMID accepting dealer.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:45 AM

mightypuck is off the scale

How far are you willing to drive? I purchased my Birch White Luxury H3 w/ Ebony interior with the GM Supplier Discount in Pasadena, CA. I called every Hummer dealership in Southern California and Team Hummer was the only dealership to honor the GM Supplier Discount. In fact, they even let me build my own H3 with the exact options I wanted. If you are interested, contact my sales person Richard Vasquez at (626)449-3333 or check out their website http://www.pasadenahummer.com. The 2006 H3's are eligible for the GM Supplier Discount...don't let those greedy dealers tell you otherwise. Good luck!!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:13 AM

pedzola is off the scale

I don't think I could drive from CT to CA for a Hummer... gas for the trip home would be about as much as the truck. lol I hope i can find one a lil closer.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

pedzola,

If you can't find anyone in your immediate area, contact Hummer of Columbus in Ohio (Tracey was my salesperson and she was awesome). I'm in NJ and I got my H3 from them. They accept GMID and they even drove the car out to me for free!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

dukein is off the scale

hey chris, It'll be hard to find a dealership that would accept GMID, Employee or any discounts on 2006 models, i have tried. I have spoken to a few of them here in the bay area and pretty much says they don't, however it can be used on any 2005 or older (like H2's). Good luck ...
Old 08-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

dukein:

I think you'll have better luck if you go outside large "metropolitan" areas. I know my local Hummer dealer wasn't accepting GMID so I ended up getting my H3 in Ohio. I think some of the dealerships in metropolitan areas assume that people can afford to pay full price for an H3 since they can afford to live in the area. I contacted two dealerships in Ohio and both of them said they would accept GMID. I know that doesn't help you since you're a little far from there but you should really branch out at least 500 miles or so - I think you'd be surprised to see how many dealerships actually value your business.

Before the internet, I never would have dreamed of buying a car from a dealership that's 500 miles away (that's about how far it is from Hummer of Columbus to where I live in Jersey), but it was so easy. Once I got my GMID certificate I was determined to take advantage of it and I wasn't going to stop until I found a dealer who would accept it.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep checking around. My dealer was not accepting the GMID until I showed up to get my deposit back. Then all of the sudden they are accepting them

I don't think it is so much that dealer figure if you live in a metropolitan area you can afford to pay full price. It is a matter of nobody else in the area is accepting them so they won't either. Why give you a discount if no other Hummer dealership around is. I can afford full price but I am not going to if I can get the discount even if I have to travel. I am pretty sure that my dealership started realizing it and that why they accept them now.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-17-2005, 01:45 PM

h3\'er is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dukein:
hey chris, It'll be hard to find a dealership that would accept GMID, Employee or any discounts on 2006 models, i have tried. I have spoken to a few of them here in the bay area and pretty much says they don't, however it can be used on any 2005 or older (like H2's). Good luck ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dukein
There are 2 in the bay area that will, Bill at Hummer of Pleasanton and I bought mine at Park Royale In San Rafael. and they took it Not sure if the would be willing to do it again but one can alwats ask. I worked with Peter over at Park Royale

Sounds Like maybe you are confusing the Supplier/GMID Discount with the Employee discount, you are correct Employee discount cannont be used on the 2006 models. But the Supplier one can be.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Newbie:

Your point is well-taken - I think we're probably both right to some extent about why metropolitan dealers aren't discounting the H3. The bottom line is that you have to be patient and persisent. I almost caved in and paid full MSRP for my Hummer until I woke up and realized how stupid that would have been. It took me an extra few weeks to get it, but it was well worth the wait to save the money and I got the exact color combination, equipment, etc. that I wanted.

There are dealers out there who will be thrilled to get your business, so don't give your money to a dealer who is looking to gouge every customer that walks through the door. Yes, there were a few very minor inconveniences involved with buying out of state (namely registering and getting plates for my vehicle), but they were so minor that I feel bad even mentioning them.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h3'er:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dukein:
hey chris, It'll be hard to find a dealership that would accept GMID, Employee or any discounts on 2006 models, i have tried. I have spoken to a few of them here in the bay area and pretty much says they don't, however it can be used on any 2005 or older (like H2's). Good luck ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dukein
There are 2 in the bay area that will, Bill at Hummer of Pleasanton and I bought mine at Park Royale In San Rafael. and they took it Not sure if the would be willing to do it again but one can alwats ask. I worked with Peter over at Park Royale

Sounds Like maybe you are confusing the Supplier/GMID Discount with the Employee discount, you are correct Employee discount cannont be used on the 2006 models. But the Supplier one can be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May I correct your last paragraph? The employee discount incentive offered to everyone cannot be used on a 2006 vehicle; however, the employee discount for an actual employee and/or their eligible sponsored Dependants can be used on a 2006 vehicle.
I work with two people who have purchased H3s with their employee discount, and as soon as I sell one of my Vettes, I will be using an employee discount for an H3.
However, as with any discount, the dealer has to accept it. In this area, Detroit, almost every dealer accepts employee, GMID or supplier discounts since that is the norm in this area.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:27 PM

hey are there any official GM websites that even mention about this discount? haven't heard it anywhere else besides forums
Old 08-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Hummer Guru

Which discount, GMID, Suppliers or GMS (actual GM employee)?
I did a post a few weeks ago explaining the differences:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...6341094331/p/1

About halfway down. Continue on in this thread and other members posted examples.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:24 PM

h3\'er is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by - CHRIS -:
hey are there any official GM websites that even mention about this discount? haven't heard it anywhere else besides forums </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you get a certificate from GM you get a link to a gmbuypower page that lets you price the supplier discount.

I don't think it's big promotion thing right now. The GM Employee discount gives youa bigger deduction off the price. Its only our little niche of 2006 H3's that are using this dicount right now I suspect.