Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > In the News

Old 09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

phantom2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default GM To Sell Hummer Brand

I guess this makes it pretty much official http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/sep...ry/news-money/
Old 09-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GM To Sell Hummer Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom2
I guess this makes it pretty much official http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/sep...ry/news-money/
You guess??? You =by reading comprehension
In the very first paragraph was enough info to let you know that it's going to be another article echoing every other related article out there.
Quote:
General Motors Corp.'s treasurer said Wednesday that the automaker is planning to put its Strasbourg, France, manufacturing operation and its Hummer truck brand up for sale and may announce more asset sales later this year.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

This is news like half of the for sale homes in America with no buyers
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Drtyfn...I guess you know more about this issue than I do.Maybe I've missed some news along the way, but as far as the Hummer sale goes,I thought all the news was just speculation up to this point in time. The article I posted, contains verification from the Treasurer of GM as it relates to the sale of Hummer brand.If I've posted old news, please forgive me for wasting your time...you know what,forget that.Take your nasty attitude and shove it.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

CUZICAN is off the scale

Maybe the government should allow AMG to seize HUMMER from GM and they can get back to macking them more like true HUMVEEs
Old 09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Phantom II as the last of the Starfighter guys I have to admit that no one really knows anything about what's happening to GM - I don't think even GM knows. Everything is rumor and speculation now and this is what???? the fourth time they've announced Hummer is up for sale. I agree with the postings about a sale being a labor nightmare for the unions and just a drop in the bucket for GM.
http://hummersonline.blogspot.com/
Old 09-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Drtyfn...I guess you know more about this issue than I do.Maybe I've missed some news along the way, but as far as the Hummer sale goes,I thought all the news was just speculation up to this point in time. The article I posted, contains verification from the Treasurer of GM as it relates to the sale of Hummer brand.If I've posted old news, please forgive me for wasting your time...you know what,forget that.Take your nasty attitude and shove it.
Verification??? Where? There's NO "verification" of a sale, only another useless blurb about the Hummer brand supposedly being up for sale.
Why don't you take your thin-skinned pansy attitude and go work on your reading comprehension. You=
Old 10-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to say that they won't sell the HUMMER brand....But Gheeez.. Wait till they at least have a buyer.
The friggen news media I think some times needs to look inside ther own ass and ask them selves...WTF are we reporting on. It's all about catching the readers eye with some A-hole missleading headline.s ....Like

"Planet Earth To End Tomorrow"......Maybe if the sun Blows up in 10,000 more years.

The News media needs to check ther files.....

Last edited by Viet Nam Vette : 10-01-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Northwest of Los Angeles, just outside all the traffic
Michael1 is on a distinguished road

I recently heard Hummer sold more vehicles worldwide this year than last year. If sales are up, why sell, unless GM needs the capital to stay afloat?

I"m getting skeptical that they will actually sell it. I think for the short term (ie. immediately), they need to update the engines and transmissions, with some diesels and good six-speed manuals and automatics. Then press on.

Michael
Old 10-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Very quietly, and without a lot of fanfare, Congress passed a 25 billion dollar bailout bill for US automakers on Sept. 24th. While all the news was about the 700 billion bank and Wall Street bailout the automaker funding went right through with little in the press about it. There is also a total volume trigger in the bill that makes another 7.5 billion available, making the total bill worth 32.5 billion. With the trigger, GM could receive around SEVENTEEN BILLION of the bailout money according to the GM insider blog. This would be enough to keep GM afloat without selling Hummer. Worldwide - Hummer sales in the summer of 2008 exceeded the summer of 2007, but that's being quietly disregarded in the press also. Obviously, deep discounts had something to do with this, but the need for a rugged 4X4 vehicle in worldwide areas without paved roads and lots of mud is becoming increasingly more important.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080924/...ngress_funding

Last edited by HummerJim : 10-05-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

The auto bailout money you're referring to was part of an alternative energy bill that was passed awhile back but Congress held up on paying the money until now.This money is supposed to go to R and D of alternative energy vehicles and re-tooling of factories to make alternative and fuel efficient vehicles.I don't think they had building more Hummers in mind.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The auto bailout money you're referring to was part of an alternative energy bill that was passed awhile back but Congress held up on paying the money until now.This money is supposed to go to R and D of alternative energy vehicles and re-tooling of factories to make alternative and fuel efficient vehicles.I don't think they had building more Hummers in mind.

See to me all this is BS.... GM should at least keep one Off Road Rig in there line. The Rig Sells..!! There are people who will buy them. Sure..the economy is depressed and HUMMER's arn't selling well. But look at the rest of the industry. Every car Mfg is hurting.
It is also made in Africa... And most Euro peeps like the rig and buy it. They are big in Japan also.

Our country is like no other we have a large expanse of land mass with 1000's of roads and a gigantic interstate sysyem. We grew up on large cars and trucks. Large cars and trucks have a place in our country. Were Americans. This is our meat.!

This ..."were runing out of gas" crap and gas price stuff means nothing. There are plenty of us like myself who want big cars and Off road rigs. I can live with my 19.5 to 21 mpg in my H3. I'm willing to buy another HUMMER. When the time is right I will move into and H2. Weather they are still made or not. And I'll get less fule milage.

Let the tree huggers drive what they want and let me drive what I want.

It's time we stopped taking a beating from our government. I earned the right to drive what I want. This is AMERICA Land of the free...not the land of the Regulated.