H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Hummer Novice

hookandpull is on a distinguished road
Default Just popped my cherry on my first H2 in Seattle

Never owned a Hummer before and frankly the only GM product I have ever owned was a 69 GMC pickup when I was 16 back in 99. I am Ford lover through and through mainly Mustangs... I currently own a 2005 AWD Durango (piece of garbage), 2003 Whippled Cobra making 650hp to the wheels on 20psi, a 2007 R6 and lastly my 2004 H2. I dont know much about my rig but I am learning. I have built all of my Mustangs and I dont know if I am going to mess with my H2 or not. I have owned some Jeeps in the past so I got a bunch of flak from my Jeep buddies up here for buying an H2. I am a flight test engineer for Boeing up here in Seattle and am an electrical engineer by trade. I am also a USAF Veteran. I will post some pics up shortly.

The mods on the H2 as far as I know
-ACE CAI
-Fox Nitro shocks
-20" Vogue wheels
-35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
-Full alpine I-net system with monitors in every headrest dual 10" subs in custom enclosure allowing 3rd row seating and cargo space
-AMP electric running boards
-LED tail lights
- the usual Billet handles and grills and what not
-I threw on some 8000k HID's

I also plan on doing a rear mounted turbo... I have gone turbo on several of my Mustangs and also plan on doing compound boost with my current Cobra. What can I say love boost.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just popped my cherry on my first H2 in Seattle

Cool---sorry to hear you got hooked on Fords before experiencing life!
But glad to hear you got a HUMMER.
Rear mounted turbo's are cool, I guess you're not going to wheel the deuce?
You'll have a blast with it---really nice to drive something that 1 billion people aren't already driving.
Post up some pics when you get a chance.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

ricomondo is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the new purchase!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmill28
Cool---sorry to hear you got hooked on Fords before experiencing life!
But glad to hear you got a HUMMER.
Rear mounted turbo's are cool, I guess you're not going to wheel the deuce?
You'll have a blast with it---really nice to drive something that 1 billion people aren't already driving.
Post up some pics when you get a chance.

I come from a GM family and have never been a fan of their rubbermaid products. Although their SUV's IMO are the best on the market. I have had a few Mopars and what not. Here in Washington state rock trails are really popular and snow wheeling. mudding is not the wheeling of choice. Plus I have a hard time wheeling such a massive/expensive rig. I used to wheel with an awesome TJ that I had not near as nice as the H2 and was basically a death trap on the highway because of bumpsteer but I didnt have to worry about trashing the Jeep where as I worry about trashing the H2 lol
Old 09-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

The_Yeti is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the purchase. Love my H2, Drives the same sunny, rainy or snowing. Nice to catch a fellow Boeing employee on here. I'm an assembly mechanic over in Renton.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yeti
Congrats on the purchase. Love my H2, Drives the same sunny, rainy or snowing. Nice to catch a fellow Boeing employee on here. I'm an assembly mechanic over in Renton.

Right on! I am down at Boeing Field from time to time. So you on the 737 line?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull
I come from a GM family and have never been a fan of their rubbermaid products. Although their SUV's IMO are the best on the market. I have had a few Mopars and what not. Here in Washington state rock trails are really popular and snow wheeling. mudding is not the wheeling of choice. Plus I have a hard time wheeling such a massive/expensive rig. I used to wheel with an awesome TJ that I had not near as nice as the H2 and was basically a death trap on the highway because of bumpsteer but I didnt have to worry about trashing the Jeep where as I worry about trashing the H2 lol
We originally bought a super clean, 'uber nice 17K mile H3 back in 06--and from the start I told my wife that I would be wheeling it and I didn't want to hear any crap about scratches because why have a super capable rig if you can't wheel it?
A couple years later we traded the 3 for the 2 (once again--super clean, 'uber nice) and she already knew I'd be wheeling it. I've off roaded with fellow HUMMER owner's in Utah, then towed our travel trailer up into Canada and wheeled with the Canadians, then last year moved back to here to Florida (trailer in tow). I've had the deuce/trailer in MOAB somewhere along the way as well.
So while my paint may have some streaking that'll need to be buffed out (someday), I've been able to use the deuce for what it was built for and not worry about reliability because that was also built in.
I thrashed on my 3 because it was under powered and not as capable--I haven't had to thrash on the 2 because it's just so capable to wheel right out of the box. Live life---wheel your deuce!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Hummer Novice

I wheeled my TJ up here in Washington and truth be told the trails up here are barely big enough for a TJ. I wouldnt be worried about scratching my rig on branches and what not, but with the wheeling I am used to up here I would be worried about dragging a rock ledge through the of side of the truck lol. Now snow wheeling I plan on doing with the H2. Snow wheeling is actually pretty difficult and really tests the offroad worthiness and overall design of the vehicle especially if you get into some really dry snow that refuses to pack.