H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

AHels is off the scale
Default P/N for outside rearview mirrors?

Anyone know the partnumbers for both outside rearview mirrors? Or where I could source them (apart from stealership)?

Was at a testcenter (about time I got the vehicle registered over here now ) a couple weeks ago and they had me going into the passenger vehicle section... which was just wide enough for me to squeeze through with my mirrors folded in - unfortunately the idiots at the center folded them by hand before I could say STOP!

No worries I thought, I'll cycle them a few times and the motors should realign - didn't work. So yesterday I removed the driverside mirror to see if I could service it myself, and found the main cog was ****ed. Guessing the same goes for passenger-side mirror so might as well get two new ones.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Hummer Professional

SCB51861 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: P/N for outside rearview mirrors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHels
Anyone know the partnumbers for both outside rearview mirrors? Or where I could source them (apart from stealership)?

Was at a testcenter (about time I got the vehicle registered over here now ) a couple weeks ago and they had me going into the passenger vehicle section... which was just wide enough for me to squeeze through with my mirrors folded in - unfortunately the idiots at the center folded them by hand before I could say STOP!

No worries I thought, I'll cycle them a few times and the motors should realign - didn't work. So yesterday I removed the driverside mirror to see if I could service it myself, and found the main cog was ****ed. Guessing the same goes for passenger-side mirror so might as well get two new ones.

WHAT YEAR IS YOURS??? IF IT IS 05 OR OLDER YOU CAN GO TO HUMMER AND TELL THEM THEY DON'T FOLD CORRECTLY AND WANDER WHILE YOU DRIVE AND THEY WILL REPLACE THEM WITH 06 MIRRORS. THEY HAVE A SILENTRECALL AS THEY CALL IT. I WENT IN WITH MY 05 AND THEY DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS AND JUST REPLACED THEM. I LEARNED THIS AT THE HUMMER HOMECOMEING. OUT OF 400 H2'S I THOUGHT I HAD THE ONLY 05 AND EVERYBODY ELSE HAD AN 06 UNTILL I WAS TOLD ABOUT THIS.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Use the search feature. There are many threads about this, part numbers, TSB number for the issue. Also Easy Ed rebuilt his mirrors and has documented the whole deal from start to finish with pictures and information.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Hummer Professional

vador99 is off the scale

Any other SILENTRECALL for the h2?

mirror already done and warranty finish in 2 month!!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Aren't the outside ones called "sideview mirrors"?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

AHels is off the scale

Thanks guys. Tried my dealer (finally had one open just 50 miles away this June) but he would charge me for the mirrors.

I've had a look in AllData and GM SPO but failed to find any information on this 'silent recall' - have you got a TSB number or anything on it? Perhaps if I can show the dealer a written record of some sort he might be more helpful (I think the Swedish dealers aren't very happy I imported the vehicle myself )

And as for the mirrors proper name being rearview or sideview... Who gives a toss!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got an extra set of mirrors if you're interested. PM if I can help.

Mark
Old 08-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

TSB will follow.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

SUT NEIL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHels
Thanks guys. Tried my dealer (finally had one open just 50 miles away this June) but he would charge me for the mirrors.

I've had a look in AllData and GM SPO but failed to find any information on this 'silent recall' - have you got a TSB number or anything on it? Perhaps if I can show the dealer a written record of some sort he might be more helpful (I think the Swedish dealers aren't very happy I imported the vehicle myself )

And as for the mirrors proper name being rearview or sideview... Who gives a toss!

Recently (7/14/06) had my dealer replace both sideview mirrors for no charge on my 05 SUT with the 06 mirrors: The"Cause" listed on the dealer service invoice was "B4155 & B4156 mirror, outside rear view" AUTH CODE: OJ; FC: 6C

Hope this helps and good luck!
2005 SUT: Firemist Red/Ebony; LUX; Sunroof; Uplevel Chrome Pkg; NAV; Air Suspension; Remote Start; Superchip; Volant CAI & MAF; 2006 Chrome SE Wheels & Front Brushguard; Front & Rear Cameras & Park Sensors With Audible Alarms & Digital Displays; Custom Tiger Stripe Interior Panels & Steering Wheel By OEMDASH; Bassani SS Exhaust; Wet Okole Seat Covers; Defenderworx Chrome Billet Tow Loops & Side Air Vents; HotShot System

1970 Pontiac Trans AM
2000 Mercedes SL500 AMG Sport
2006 C280 4Matic
Old 08-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Kooter is off the scale
Exclamation Re: P/N for outside rearview mirrors?

I called my local dealer and although he is trying to be nice, I am having no luck getting a replace/upgrade. Had my mirrors worked on three times under warranty, once before warranty was just about to go off, and needed to have them reworked shortly after the 36K mile warranty. NOw at 58K miles, my mirrors don't fold, and look like they are bout to fall off going down a washboard road. Local service rep is going to "see what he can do" but so far no luck. Quoted $400 each for upgrade to new mirrors. If someone finds info on a recall to get the new mirrors at a reduced price or a website to order at a decent price, I am all ears!!
Thanks.