H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 09-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

sltbluh3 is off the scale
Default roof rails - cracked - dealer / gm issues

Just went to the dealer ship this week to get the jack recall done and I asked to get the roof rails replaaced. They told me the GM is redisgning them and they can not get any until the new ones are out. I thought that was completed in June of this year. Am I getting jerk around by the dealer ship?
Old 09-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: roof rails - cracked - dealer / gm issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sltbluh3
Just went to the dealer ship this week to get the jack recall done and I asked to get the roof rails replaaced. They told me the GM is redisgning them and they can not get any until the new ones are out. I thought that was completed in June of this year. Am I getting jerk around by the dealer ship?
Yes, and if you do a search you will see where I and some others posted the bulletin.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

I did I printed that out and took the information to dealership with me they still bs'd me sayinig anyone could type that in. Any suggestions on how I can get them to fix it? I wanted everything done at 1 time its an hour drive, just trying to save time and fuel. I was asking them to check to see if they had them instock got bs'd about tech having to see it then order it. When I showed up for the jack recall they gave me the bs about redsigning the parts and I would get a recall notice when they were in. (like that would ever happen)
Old 09-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Best way is to call the service manager bluff. Have him, in front of you, access the GM eSI system, and punch in the document ID number or the bulletin number in the correct search areas, and have him say you are full of BS when the information pops onto the screen. Contact the owner or general manager and have him or her do it and the explain how the service manager is out right lying, is ignorant as a tree stump, should be fired, etc.

Document ID# 1843693
2006 HUMMER H3

Subject: Roof Rack Rail Cracked/Poor Fit (Replace Roof Rack Rail) #06-08-67-008 - (06/23/2006)
Models: 2006 HUMMER H3

If that does not work, contact the owner or general manager of the dealership and let them know you will be contacting Hummer assistance center, and may contact a local investigative reporter, and don't forget to tell him how you will fill out the dealer service survey.

For him to say someone typed it in without first verifying on the GM's system shows he is one ignorant SOB, and should be fired and walked out of the dealer immediately by the owner.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the Help! This is the 3rd new service manager in the past year that I'm aware of. Maybe I'll be dealing with the 4th soon!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

yzergod is on a distinguished road
Question Re: roof rails - cracked - dealer / gm issues

Is there a site that would list all of the recalls/service bulletins for a specific VIN number or just one with all recalls/service bulletins?
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."
Old 09-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

I have a 'shattering' sound in the molding that goes along the top of the windshield when I drive over 65 mph on the freeway. It must be wind going though the molding. I asked the service mgr to check it out. He said there was a bulletin out about the top molding (not the A pillar moldings) and he'd have to call me once they approve the new design and they come in. I don't know if this is true or not. f5fstop, do you know about this one? Sltbluh3, do you think he thought you meant that molding?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzergod
Is there a site that would list all of the recalls/service bulletins for a specific VIN number or just one with all recalls/service bulletins?

You can try here. But I've found they're slow to add you vin code. If you loose your password they aren't very bright if you have to call them.

But you can download the owners manual and there's a section you can use to keep track of maintenance. It even shows the recomended maintenance and intervals.

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home?cmp=gmcomhp
Old 09-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

I tried this last year and it said my vin is waiting to be added. I checked it today and its STILL waiting.

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 09-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here and I bought it 8/16/05

If they had my vin # it would be a very informative web sight
but they dont
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Hummer Professional

HummerLV is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark805
I tried this last year and it said my vin is waiting to be added. I checked it today and its STILL waiting.

i had the same problem with my vin, i called and the lady said that if dealer paper work does not match exactly the computer kicks it out, she added my vin manually and it showed up instantly...
here is what they sent me....

Dear Mr. *****
Thank you for your interest in the Owner Center at MyGMLink.com. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced while trying to register your vehicle.

To date, we were not provided with your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN); therefore, we were unable to assist you. Please provide the VIN, so that we may assist you in adding your VIN to your profile.

Once again, thank you for your interest in the Owner Center at MyGMLink.com. If you have any further questions, please contact us at the Owner Center Customer Assistance Center at 866-694-6546. We are available seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time Zone.

Sincerely,

The Owner Center Consumer Support Team
Old 09-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm3
I have a 'shattering' sound in the molding that goes along the top of the windshield when I drive over 65 mph on the freeway. It must be wind going though the molding. I asked the service mgr to check it out. He said there was a bulletin out about the top molding (not the A pillar moldings) and he'd have to call me once they approve the new design and they come in. I don't know if this is true or not. f5fstop, do you know about this one? Sltbluh3, do you think he thought you meant that molding?

Here's what I did to solve the noise problem:

1) Each roof rail has two tabs that fit into two rectangular slots on the windshield trim piece. If you tap on the location where these pieces meet, you'll find your noise location. Open the door and remove the rubber door seal trim piece - it just slides off. This will expose two phillips screws on the windshield trim piece. Remove both screws and remove this trim piece. There are several friction plug fasteners along the face (facing the front) - so you have to pull away/perpendicular from the windshield and slide the trim piece from the tabs. This sounds much harder than it is.

2) Locate the two rectangular slots that the tabs fit into. Neatly wrap about 3 inches of electrical tape around each the lower portion of the long side of the slot. This is the lip farthest away from the body of the trim piece. The idea is to make the tab fit snuggly into the slot and by putting tape around the bottom your keeps the trim piece closer to the roof - you might need more tape - experiment.

3) There is a 1 inch wide ~3 inch long piece of foam rubber under this trim piece that interfaces with the trim piece that goes along the entire top of the windshield. You should see where this foam is compressed/taken a set. This foam is pushing up on the trim piece not letting the trim piece fit flush at the top of the windshield and allowing air to go underneath to cause vibrations. I slit the foam piece long ways everywhere it was compressed - so I reduced the thickness of the foam so the trim piece could sit closer to windshield.

4) When you reinstall the trim piece, slide the trim piece up to close the gap where it meets the roof rails. Then reinstall the screws, and then the rubber seal. If the gap is still too big. The roof rails need loosened (several torque screws need loosened) and the rails can slide forward - the rail have slots for the screws to permit some adjustment.

I still have a slight gap at the top of the windshield, but it isn't too bad. And, no noise!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyHighPerformance
Here's what I did to solve the noise problem:

Thanks ChevyHighPerformance. I've printed your instructions for myself. Wish me luck!
Old 09-20-2006, 01:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

Urban Ops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm3
Thanks ChevyHighPerformance. I've printed your instructions for myself. Wish me luck!

I called the Sacramento dealer to check up on the fix for the roof moulding that was supposed to come out in June. They said it was there now. So 2 weeks ago they replaced my cracked roof moulding and to get rid of the high speed vibration, they put 2-sided tape behind the A-pillar moulding. I have never been happier with my H3 now that the buzzing is gone.

Last edited by Urban Ops : 09-20-2006 at 01:33 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Hummer Novice

furblog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Best way is to call the service manager bluff. Have him, in front of you, access the GM eSI system, and punch in the document ID number or the bulletin number in the correct search areas, and have him say you are full of BS when the information pops onto the screen. Contact the owner or general manager and have him or her do it and the explain how the service manager is out right lying, is ignorant as a tree stump, should be fired, etc.

Document ID# 1843693
2006 HUMMER H3

Subject: metro molded roof rail seal/Poor Fit (Replace Roof Rack Rail) #06-08-67-008 - (06/23/2006)
Models: 2006 HUMMER H3

If that does not work, contact the owner or general manager of the dealership and let them know you will be contacting Hummer assistance center, and may contact a local investigative reporter, and don't forget to tell him how you will fill out the dealer service survey.

For him to say someone typed it in without first verifying on the GM's system shows he is one ignorant SOB, and should be fired and walked out of the dealer immediately by the owner.

I could still remember my friend. Have you spent something? My friends dealer cost him a few bucks.