H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-11-2003, 05:31 PM

TJ is off the scale

Got my H2 back from the shop a few days ago, just lifted the ash tray out of the cup holder where I leave it sitting and found this really cool looking clip lying underneath it at the bottom of the cup holder. The dealer worked on a whole bunch of things: passenger side seatbelt, air bag system, radio, center console lid, seat memory, side view mirror, fuel line, air conditioner and two rear windows. Anybody have any idea what this clip goes to and where it might be missing from? Sorry the picture isn't better...it's about 6/8 inch long, 1/2 tall and 1/4 wide.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:31 PM

TJ is off the scale

Got my H2 back from the shop a few days ago, just lifted the ash tray out of the cup holder where I leave it sitting and found this really cool looking clip lying underneath it at the bottom of the cup holder. The dealer worked on a whole bunch of things: passenger side seatbelt, air bag system, radio, center console lid, seat memory, side view mirror, fuel line, air conditioner and two rear windows. Anybody have any idea what this clip goes to and where it might be missing from? Sorry the picture isn't better...it's about 6/8 inch long, 1/2 tall and 1/4 wide.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:34 PM

TJ is off the scale

And the clip...
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

TJ,
That clip attaches to the bottom of your cup holder tray, which snaps into place with a good push. They fall out all the time.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2 Maverick is off the scale

It belongs on the bottom side of your shifter bezel/cupholder real pia to reinstall.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:14 PM

TJ is off the scale

Thanks Buckeye...I hope I am not sounding dumb here, but where at the bottom of the cup holder tray? The only thing that I can see is a thin one piece rubber insert, but no where that a clip would be able to go
Old 08-11-2003, 06:18 PM

TJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It belongs on the bottom side of your shifter bezel/cupholder real pia to reinstall.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, I'll go out and look again...but if its a real PIA to reinstall, maybe I should just hang onto it and wait until my next shop trip and let the dealer do it. Will it "hurt" anything by not being in place until then?
Old 08-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I seriously would do it on your own. I guarantee they won't get it in all the way or they will skip a clip. Here's what to do:

1. Take off your shifter handle. There is one screw on the back side (facing the stereo).
2. Lift up your tray (give it a good yank)
3. You will see on the bottom where the clips should go. I am not sure how many there are but if you can't locate them down in your console (they probably fell) go to the dealer and ask for a handful of new ones.
4. Super-glue (or adhesive of your choice) the clips to the bottom of the cup holder.
5. Push hard on the holder to get it back in.

**the problem with this design is that when someone pulls out a water bottle, large containter it puts pressure on the clips, they get loose and fall inside the console. This is why they need to be glued or it will happen again.

Good Luck, if you don't want to do it WATCH the dealer do it and make them use glue.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help with unidentified stray clip...

Old 11-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help with unidentified stray clip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Hummer
I seriously would do it on your own. I guarantee they won't get it in all the way or they will skip a clip. Here's what to do:

1. Take off your shifter handle. There is one screw on the back side (facing the stereo).
2. Lift up your tray (give it a good yank)
3. You will see on the bottom where the clips should go. I am not sure how many there are but if you can't locate them down in your console (they probably fell) go to the dealer and ask for a handful of new ones.
4. Super-glue (or adhesive of your choice) the clips to the bottom of the cup holder.
5. Push hard on the holder to get it back in.

**the problem with this design is that when someone pulls out a water bottle, large containter it puts pressure on the clips, they get loose and fall inside the console. This is why they need to be glued or it will happen again.

Good Luck, if you don't want to do it WATCH the dealer do it and make them use glue.

You shut your mouth! You drive a Toureg,

I wonder what Jason B is up to now. Good times.

My Video Collectionez