H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HID Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteam
I have the HIDs and almost never get flashed, if you have them aimed right they wont be in peoples eyes and people can tell in 1 second that theyre higher end lights / HID and 99% of people dont flash you. If you have them aimed incorrectly (too high) you will get flashed often. In fact I get flashed more with my HIDs I installed in my Porsche than in my H2, which means I probably need to lower the alignment in the porsche a bit.

Agree, check alignment. I have them from the factory in my Porsche, and I rarely get flashed. Of course, I don't hardly ever take her out of the garage, she's a QUEEN with 1200 miles on her!

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 01-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

so ill check the alignment, now how do i go about getting the drl 3157's to match these hid's cuz they dont look anything like the lights i just out in THANKS
Old 01-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

sanfoja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfoja
Ordered mine last night, can hardly stand the wait to put them in...also ordered a Jet Chip and TB Spacer, will have fun while the wife is on travel next week

An update, got the HID kit installed http://stores.ebay.com/YOUR-ONLINE-C...QQftidZ2QQtZkm. I got the Bi-Xenon kit for $198.22 delivered, very fast shipping got it in 2 days.

Fairly easy install, instructions were actually comical...overseas translations But basically all you need is the wiring diagram. I'm a mechanical engineer so sparky stuff isn't natural for me but this is basic. I installed similarly to H2 007, mounted ballasts next to headlight housings and controller on front edge of engine compartment. Just have to be aware of where you can attach the grounds (used two existing holes) and wire length to connect to battery (used lug directly from battery under engine compartment fuse box cover. I will say the lights are much whiter and brighter just don't expect a huge difference in throw distance because you are using the stock headlight houses and lenses so projection is the same albeit more "lit up". Looks a 1000% better than stock though. May just have to put a set of these on my Z3 3.0 (also burgundy), next time the wife goes out of town (I mean her Lexus isn't the only one who deserves HID lights)

Also, installed the Jet Stage 1 performance module, very simple install and like others I had to do a major trim job on the ECM cover, but used a coping saw to cut out ~1.25"x7" section off the side (basically the whole side) and cleaned it up with a utility knife. Very quick and smooth cut. The chip makes shifts more crisp, revs higher before shifting, "kicks down" quicker and easier, overall all smoother feel and power seems more linear not peaky. Bottom line I LIKE it. Don't know about MPG change, too early to tell will followup later after a few tankfuls of gas, so next week

NOW, the Jet throttle body spacer...THIS IS NOT FIT WITH A STOCK INTAKE TUBE, the spacer forces the tube forward far enough to interfere with the radiator fan. So got an RMA from Autoanything and returning it tomorrow. Now that I have read more on the spacers may have been a waste of $100 anyway, guess I will put that toward an intake (leaning toward Volant box and Airaid MIT, with stock MAF...thoughts anyone?? Don't want a really loud and obnoxious roar when I stomp it (which I have a tendency to do). I have a K&N FIPK on my Yukon and it seems to be more noise than anything else. BTW, anybody installed a electric fan kit on your H2? that was the single biggest improvement I made to my Yukon, unhooking that HP draining clutched fan. Wow, how about starting a completely non-HID thread right here in one post...sorry.

Okay, that's it...now off to fix those rattling A-pillars and that buzzing aspirator in the ceiling

2003 H2 Lux/Adventure, Burgundy, 37x12.5 MTRs on Matte Black Wheels, Smoked Cab/Running Lights, 07 Mirrors, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Volant CF CAI, AirRaid Intake Tube, Bi-Xenon HID, DRL mod w/diode, 2006 TNR, Matte Black Linex on Grilles & Front/Rear Bumpers, Ram Offroad Brush Guard, Rancho 9000 Remote Adj shocks, Rancho 5000 Strg Stab, FFD Ultra Extreme Electric Fans, Moog Pitman/Idler w/Cognito Support Kit, Kryptonite Tie Rods