H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road
Default 60 inch L.E.D tailgate light bar problems.

I'm about to install my third L.E.D tailgate light bar and I need help. The problem is it is about 1 1/2 inch too wide on each side. In the past I've trimmed each side and used silicone to try and seal the ends to waterproof it, but moisture always gets through after about a year causing me to replace it again. Does anyone know of a better way of sealing the ends after the trim down? It has turn signals,brake,parking, and reverse white L.E.Ds and the look is BADA55 when installed but I'm getting tired of constantly changing it yearly. Any suggestions on sealing the ends? It looks like they're only available in 50 and 60 inch and 50 inch is too narrow.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:11 AM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 60 inch L.E.D tailgate light bar problems.

RTV?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITH23H2SUT
I'm about to install my third L.E.D tailgate light bar and I need help. The problem is it is about 1 1/2 inch too wide on each side. In the past I've trimmed each side and used silicone to try and seal the ends to waterproof it, but moisture always gets through after about a year causing me to replace it again. Does anyone know of a better way of sealing the ends after the trim down? It has turn signals,brake,parking, and reverse white L.E.Ds and the look is BADA55 when installed but I'm getting tired of constantly changing it yearly. Any suggestions on sealing the ends? It looks like they're only available in 50 and 60 inch and 50 inch is too narrow.

never had to trim the ends off of the 2 that I installed but they both still filled with water or condensation anyways which made them mess up.
I love the things but I have given up on them cause the quality of them seems to be worse with every new one.
~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 06-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

everytime I see one on a truck some of the LED's are out and it looks like crap. I have yet to see one that functions as it should.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963
everytime I see one on a truck some of the LED's are out and it looks like crap. I have yet to see one that functions as it should.

I've had 3 in the past 6 years, and have never had any of the LEDs go on me. I think it's is in the quality of product you purchase. Recons are going for $130 and that is what I've been putting on my truck, and there are the cheap ones out there you can get for 50 bucks but are sure to crap out quick.The only issue that I have is the condensation getting in, and I don't think that would happen if I didn't have to trim the edges. I have yet to see an H2 with one installed besides mine. I have a SUT and it may be narrower than the SUV but I'm not sure, the only light bar I see fitting on my truck without trimming would be a 50" but that would look stupid not cover the whole width.