H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-04-2003, 03:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

So it finally happened. It's been raining hard all day here in Portland, Oregon. I parked the H2 for about two hours on a relatively level driveway with the roof closed (like it's been for two weeks). Got back in and started to move slowly forward and suddenly had a mini shower coming from the #@%&*#$ Onstar microphone!!!! After mopping it up I started on my way again and then it started dripping from the driver's a-pillar handle!!! Can you say "postal"? Anyone else go through this yet or know how to fix it? My f*****g piece of s**t service rep can't get me in until next week(Tuesday). I wonder how he's going to like having two a-holes? I also told him I'm not going to accept a Ford Tempo as a loaner anymore.

"I smell varmint poontang."
Old 01-04-2003, 04:05 AM

Kühl Carbon is off the scale

All I can tell you is to give all of that info to your dealer. It is crucial that he understands that the leak is ORIGINATING AT THE ROOF. This eliminates a lot of other possibilities. The reason water leaks are usually hard to find is because they usually just leave their "evidence" on the floor. Zeroing in on the origin is usually the most difficult part. My guess would be some binding on the front sunroof drain tubes, but it is just a guess and there are other possibilities. You guys really need to be contacting the zone reps about your dealer problems, or you will just contine to get crappy service. I know my GM dealers sphincter used to tighten every time he saw me drive in to the stealership, but he gritted his teeth, pinned on a smile, and gave me good service out of fear. It really does work.

Roadsigns are just a suggestion ... like pants
Old 01-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Earlier posts on leaking were traced to pinched or plugged drain tubes associated with sunroof.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

But I've done nothing that would pinch or clog the damn thing!!

Old 01-05-2003, 03:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

Same thing happened to me, water thru the onstar mic. My dealer said it was a clogged drain. Never happened again. But I did experience the same aggravation as you.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:34 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out this thread:

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=498606948 1&r=8906033581#8906033581

Klaus
Old 01-06-2003, 03:05 AM
Hummer Messiah

Thanks Klaus. I'll be sure to yell... I mean tell the service department that.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WATER LEAK

Did it stop raining?
Old 01-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road

My water leak was similar, but on the passenger side. After changing the windshield twice, damaging the roof, changing the headliner 5 times, they located the source of the leak. It could not be seen from the outside, but was found by soaping the roof and blowing air from the inside, finding the bubbles on the outside. Turned out being the roof seam above the passenger side door.

It all started a few days after I bought it and after 17 months, they are making another repair. Hoping when I get home from my overseas job at the end of the month, I can get it back and stay with me for a while. Hummer will not do anything for me, nor contact me. I guess they are afraid that if they do acknowledge the problem, they will open themselves up for a law suit. Little do they know, by ignoring me, that's exactly what's coming anyways. Lawyer says we should be able to get a fair bit for diminished value. Don't really care about the money, just want Hummer to know I'm alive.

If it was not for the dealer, nothing would have ever been done. But after so many times in the shop, at least 10, it seems that a permanent fix will never be had.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

05h2sut is on a distinguished road

Devis1957,

I'd contact the Attorney Generals office in your state - that should qualify for action under the lemon law. Anything more than a "few" visits to the crank yankers to get anything not repaired qualifies..

-Dave
Old 01-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

Have already contacted them. In Louisiana, it's 4 visits for the same problem before the "Lemon Law" can be used. The other part of that law is that it has to impair the safety of the vehicle or they can repair until eternity. They will not tie the water leak to safety, no how, no way. My lawyer says the only way to get anything out of them is to sue them for diminished value, court costs and attorney fees. Nothing out of my pocket if he does not recover his fee. I hate to go the lawyer route, don't need the money, just want Hummer to acknowledge the problem instead of saying they do not have to do anything, then send me the local BBB number to file a complaint against them.

I'm so pissed, I do not think I will let them buy it back on my GM Smart Buy. It's 17 months old and only has 6000 miles, so it should be worth much more than they will buy it back for, if I decide to part with it.

I'm not really sure if the local dealer is just being great about taking it in each time I call them or acting as a buffer between me Hummer. Of course, their repair methods have been very questionable and not very professional, this will be their last shot or they, too will be included in my lawsuit. I have told them I will not pick it up until they arrange a sit down with the regional Hummer rep, so we will see what happens, soon.

Last edited by Devis1957 : 01-27-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

05h2sut is on a distinguished road

GM should offer to swap you for a "manufacturers" demo - a never been titled replacement that has equal mileage. The model year flipped in September, so you'd gain a couple years on the model.

The reps are usually more receptive to correcting the situation than the individual dealer - goodwill and all that. More accurately would be the prevention of spreading of ill will and poor responsiveness on the part of the manufacturer. My ex-father-in-law was a chevy dealer for lots of years and was a hardass with customers and major problems - the regional rep usually negotiated with the customers much more effectively.

The pisser is that the dealer should be on your side given the obvious manufacturer defect in your situation. They're all thieves.

Good luck
-dave
Old 01-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Has this trouble in one of the avalanches...it was found to be a clogged drain tube. Sounds to me like you've got the same issue here.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

You're right, they should do something or they should have done something 2 weeks after I bought it and it had just spent 10 days in the shop and no idea of what was leaking. I have no sun roof.

GM / Hummer will do nothing except send me the BBB number and so far, no contact with a Hummer Rep.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

Got my Hummer back from the dealer today. After 18 months, it finally looks like a factory finish on the roof seam repair. We'll see if it still leaks, soon.