H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-29-2006, 01:09 AM

SparkyBoy is off the scale

Hey!

I will be purchasing a nice Hummer H3 as my first vehicle and would like to do add some performance mods.

One of my good friends is a mechanic and offered to install the mods for me.

What I have been thinking of is a Supercharger and Turbocharger system, luckily money really isnt an issue

I would like to get the predator Supercharger for nice instantaneous boost, but also have a GT 45 Turbo which will help get spooled up by the Super since it is a rather large Turbo.

My two main concerns are, is this physically possible as there is limited space under the hood, and will this actually give a quite noticeable boost in performance?

I have been offered a custom nos system idea, but I don't like the idea of having to refill a nos bottle :\ also seems like it would cause quite the heat issue.

All comments welcome, really looking forward to having an H3 !
Old 03-29-2006, 01:20 AM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

Well sparky Ol' boy say goodbye to the warranty. You will here this alot. But kudos to the guy who gets it done to their H3 and woe to them when it blows up in their H3. Have you been seeing any Superchargers out there with the results. I mean actual results from a dyno?
Until then, I would hold off for awhile.
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Steve - SanJose

Sounds like fun, but it might become a 3.5 liter grenade after a lot of hard driving.

S.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:14 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

engine may be toast by 50k miles but you could get there alot faster than stock
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 03-29-2006, 04:53 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

My only advice for you is.........buy something else.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:37 AM

Thanks for all the quick responses

If having both would be too much power for the engine, whould just the GT45 Turbo work? or should I maybe go for a smaller turbo?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

evomind is an unknown quantity at this point

if ur offroading, i would go for s/c because instant, linear torque is more important than sudden abrupt power.
if ur not offroading, then its maybe not as important.
that sounds like a big turbo for this application. i would look at something smaller personally.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

JWSchmidt3 is an unknown quantity at this point

First off, see this thread:

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/2481045561

Second, you can not do a S/C and Turbo application together, they work off 2 different engine principles, compression, etc. One or the other.

Also, how exactly do you plan to tune either application, let alone both of them together?? Installing them is quite simple, but properly syncing the PCM with it all is quite another.

I have a hard time believing this is actually a serious question, expecially with the added NOS comment. As soon as a real power adder becomes available, from a reliable source, I will have it installed and will share with the group. If you are indeed serious about more power, and actually care about driving more than 100 feet without blowing your motor, stay tuned.
2004 yellow Corvette Z06
2002 black LPE blown TigerShark Z06
http://public.fotki.com/JWSchmidt3/
Old 03-29-2006, 07:26 PM

The application is not for off road, just for lots more power. Will probably just go with a turbo.

JWSchmidt3 i am asking this as a serious question, if i wasnt then why would i do it in the first place, it would just be wasting my time, I asked my previous question as i am not an expert an was hoping to get advice on a subject i am not so informed in. As for the nos, it was an idea given to me by my friend as a SUBSTITUTE not an addition WITH the Turbo / Super.

If I am just going to be attacked for asking serious questions that matter to me, then i will be more then happy to just leave.

Thank you everyone that helped with the suggestions.

- Sparky
Old 03-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

JWSchmidt3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by SparkyBoy:
The application is not for off road, just for lots more power.

No $hit, I thought more HP in dirt would make sense.

Quote:
JWSchmidt3 i am asking this as a serious question, if i wasnt then why would i do it in the first place, it would just be wasting my time,

One word: TROLL You may or may not be one, but that's one of the stupidist, while yet serious, performance questions I've ever heard, especially as a first post. Before you put anything on your motor, maybe you should actually do some research on how certain power adders work.

Quote:
I asked my previous question as i am not an expert

No $hit x2

Quote:
If I am just going to be attacked for asking serious questions that matter to me, then i will be more then happy to just leave.

Maybe you should actually click the link I provided earlier, and see the roasting I got just for asking about motor options. Chill, and quit being such a pussy there Sparky.
2004 yellow Corvette Z06
2002 black LPE blown TigerShark Z06
http://public.fotki.com/JWSchmidt3/
Old 03-29-2006, 11:02 PM

I read the topic your link is to. It was the first thing that google brought me to when i irst started looking and its what kept me on this site long enough to sign up.

I do have the General idea as to how a turbo / Super works and the advantage / disadvantage for each. But I would like to get second / multiple other oppinions from others who have experience with this vehicle.

Right now, I am just wondering if anyone has a general idea of what the spooling time of such a large turbo such as the GT45 might be on the 3.5 litle in the H3?

On ebay there are a few GT45's and say they are for 3 Litre and up engines so i guess the turbo will spool. I am not really looking for instant power, just more power when the engine is revving higher and more overall power.