H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

NCBound is on a distinguished road
Default door panel removal...

We have a new set of outside door handles and are getting ready to do the swap. Does anyone have and recomendations about removing the door panels, and other tips for the swap. Anything to look out for, know problems. This is on an 06 H2. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

MattRoberts123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: door panel removal...

Yes, it is a pain in the butt. Pay someone 100.00 to do it for you!

Need very small, flexible hands... small tools, and may even have to remove the windows to make it happen...

Carless... riding the bus... Trying to decide on which 08 H2 to get
Old 02-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

This may help, it was posted to repair the mirror.....scroll down to my post

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...hlight=mirrors

Later, Ed
Old 02-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

NCBound is on a distinguished road

Thanks Easy Ed, once the weather gets alittle more stabile we will give it a try and see if we can get the job done.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Hummer Authority

You are welcome, good luck, Ed
Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

sanfoja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBound
Thanks Easy Ed, once the weather gets alittle more stabile we will give it a try and see if we can get the job done.

I just followed those steps to replace my mirrors and worked like a champ. It does take a bit of force to get the clips to release the door panels, just be patient and try not to do it while really cold the plastic gets brittle and more prone to cracking and/or breaking. Like the instructions say start at the bottom and work your way up. I want to change my door handles to black, any chance you are adding chrome and want to get rid of your black ones Good luck!!
2003 H2 Lux/Adventure, Burgundy, 37x12.5 MTRs on Matte Black Wheels, Smoked Cab/Running Lights, 07 Mirrors, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Volant CF CAI, AirRaid Intake Tube, Bi-Xenon HID, DRL mod w/diode, 2006 TNR, Matte Black Linex on Grilles & Front/Rear Bumpers, Ram Offroad Brush Guard, Rancho 9000 Remote Adj shocks, Rancho 5000 Strg Stab, FFD Ultra Extreme Electric Fans, Moog Pitman/Idler w/Cognito Support Kit, Kryptonite Tie Rods
Old 02-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRoberts123
Yes, it is a pain in the butt. Pay someone 100.00 to do it for you!

Need very small, flexible hands... small tools, and may even have to remove the windows to make it happen...
you will be very happy with yourself if you make this extremely wise decision!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT
you will be very happy with yourself if you make this extremely wise decision!!!

May be just me but would not have been worth $100 to me to have someone else do it, but to each his own. I'm a mechanical engineer so I like taking stuff apart and putting it back together
2003 H2 Lux/Adventure, Burgundy, 37x12.5 MTRs on Matte Black Wheels, Smoked Cab/Running Lights, 07 Mirrors, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Volant CF CAI, AirRaid Intake Tube, Bi-Xenon HID, DRL mod w/diode, 2006 TNR, Matte Black Linex on Grilles & Front/Rear Bumpers, Ram Offroad Brush Guard, Rancho 9000 Remote Adj shocks, Rancho 5000 Strg Stab, FFD Ultra Extreme Electric Fans, Moog Pitman/Idler w/Cognito Support Kit, Kryptonite Tie Rods
Old 02-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Hummer Authority

sanfoja, Talk about taking stuff apart and back together again must be the mechanical background I guess just to see what things "tick".

I wrecked a old Neon back in July coming home from work, someone made a left in front of me, duh. So I bought me another old one off eBay for a "project/therapy" car to work on in the garage and ended up taking it a part in every way possible.

I still got aways to go yet but when done the motor and transaxle will have been rebuilt. The interior gutted and all the spiders and critters have been evicted plus fixing "things" that I found wrong in there. Now I got to finish putting all the suspension parts back on it (all was rusted up pretty bad) with the new suspension bushings, tie rod, ball joints and then completly go over the brake system from rear to front and then drop the motor and transaxle back in. As for the body, why bother, someone else will not see me and total it like the last one

Last edited by Easy Ed : 01-27-2021 at 03:01 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Ed
sanfoja, Talk about taking stuff apart and back together again must be the mechanical background I guess just to see what things "tick".

I wrecked a old Neon back in July coming home from work, someone made a left in front of me, duh. So I bought me another old one off eBay for a "project/therapy" car to work on in the garage and ended up taking it a part in every way possible.

I still got aways to go yet but when done the motor and transaxle will have been rebuilt. The interior gutted and all the spiders and critters have been evicted plus fixing "things" that I found wrong in there. Now I got to finish putting all the suspension parts back on it (all was rusted up pretty bad) with the new suspension bushings, tie rod, ball joints and then completly go over the brake system from rear to front and then drop the motor and transaxle back in. As for the body, why bother, someone else will not see me and total it like the last one

Looks like fun to me you sure you didn't speed up to hit the poor bloke that turned in front of you just as an excuse to have something to work on

Looking good...but since you've taken her down this far might as well put racing seats back in, massage the engine a bit and build yourself a little track car
Old 02-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Hummer Authority

SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road

Wow, all that ability and hard work...on a Neon.