H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-14-2006, 06:48 PM

CampMaster is off the scale

Anyone get a fullsize, rear facing car seat into it? Did you have to move the front seats forward? or could they be fully back?

Please post photos of your install if you have them.

Can you get two forward facing carseats and one rearfacing car seat installed at the same time?

How family friendly is the H3?!?!?!?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:48 PM

Anyone get a fullsize, rear facing car seat into it? Did you have to move the front seats forward? or could they be fully back?

Can you get two forward facing carseats and one rearfacing car seat installed at the same time?

How family friendly is the H3?!?!?!?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:49 PM

Where do you connect the teather strap to when you're using the LATCH system in the rearfacing position for a carseat in the H3?

Can you do this in the center of the rear seat?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

No car seats in mine but I do recall a thread about this where somebody tried putting three car seats in and they didn't fit. Now they could have been all forward facing or rear facing. Two forward and one rear facing might work, but I don't know for sure.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-14-2006, 07:01 PM

The dealer will freak if I tried to see if the carseat would fit!

I have sent an email (three actually) off to GM to see if they could let me know... no replies for a couple months now... should I take that as a "no"?

I won't buy a cheap vehicle that can't handle an accident and the same goes for the carseat. I think its worth the few hundred difference in getting the best. There's no upgrading after the accident if the one I bought wasn't good enough. So we bought the Britax Boulevard. One of the few with side impact protection! The down side is the thing is freakin' huge! Comfy ya sure. Don't know if it would fit.

I couldn't tell by any of the older posts if anyone ever got resolution on this topic. Please post the photos, if you have them.

Has anyone put one in the middle - facring the rear?

Where does the teather tie-down to in the rear facing position? Is it in the manual? - I couldn't find it.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:13 PM

Here's a shot of the teather correctly anchored
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Hummer Guru

I would go talk to the dealer. Tell them what you are trying to figure out and see if they have a demo you can take on a 24 hour test drive or at least run home with to see if they fit. If that doesn't work, you could rent one for the day. I would think the dealer would be more than happy to let you try to put the seats in one sitting on the lot if you can't take one home with you.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humm3r_H3:
He started crying and said that "it's scary in there." I think that tells me that the H3 isn't for children. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nonsense, sounds more like just a wussie kid. My H3 carries my 4 year-old daughter (with her booster seat) to preschool every day. When given the choice between my wife's mini-van and the H3, she always wants to ride in the Hummer.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

NM H3 is off the scale

My dealer encouraged me to try the car seat in the H3. I don't know why they would object? Afterall, they want to make a sale. The comission is the most important part to the salesperson. Let them know the carseat is a deciding factor in your purchase, and I'd imagine they will have no problem at all.

I do not believe that there are center LATCH hooks. I guess you could use the inner hooks of the two window positions, but that would be a wider spread than the standard spacing between hooks. My daughter sits behind me. We have a Peg Perego Prima Viaggio seat. The car seat is a little tight. I am 6'02" and ride with the seat moved forward a couple of inches (which is where I would normally have it). With the seat in this position the car seat nearly touches the seat back. I don't use a tether, and don't know how you'd attach it.

I have had my niece in the car in a full size forward facing seat. She fit easily. There was not as much of an angle to the seat, and the substantial part of the seat was against the rear seat back since it was forward facing.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

Humm3r_H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Nonsense, sounds more like just a wussie kid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

umm....no. Maybe i should i have phrased it differently. I should have said, "I think that tells me that the H3 isn't for ALL children." Regardless if he cried or not, I wouldn't want him riding in it with out child locks.

I would rather think about a child's safety than what the child wants. But if your daughter knows best, then i guess she'll be getting a ride to school in a hummer rather than a mini-van (probably with child lock).
Old 02-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Guppy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthKarl:

Nonsense, sounds more like just a wussie kid. My H3 carries my 4 year-old daughter (with her booster seat) to preschool every day. When given the choice between my wife's mini-van and the H3, she always wants to ride in the Hummer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am with you... My 4yr old son is the same way. On occassion I use his car seat when my wife grips about it and he has plenty of room as he watches his DVD's
2006 Yellow H3 Adventure Package with 35" Firestone Destination MT Tires, Torsion Bar Adjustment, Trail Duty Extended Bump Stops, Chrome Trim Package, XM radio, 6 Disc Monsoon Stereo, Marker Lights, Brush Guard, Chrome Nerf Bars.
www.centexhummerclub.com
Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humm3r_H3:
I would rather think about a child's safety than what the child wants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it is

But that doesn't take away from the fact that the H3 is perfectly safe for kids which are properly restrained in the backseat. Frankly if I was to get in an auto accident with my child, I'd much rather be in the Hummer than my Odyssey any day of the week.

Are child locks good? YES
Would it be nice for them to be in the H3? YES
Does the lack of them make the H3 inherently unsafe for kids? NO WAY.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

Humm3r_H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthKarl:
I would rather think about a child's safety than what the child wants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it is

But that doesn't take away from the fact that the H3 is perfectly safe for kids which are properly restrained in the backseat. Frankly if I was to get in an auto accident with my child, I'd much rather be in the Hummer than my Odyssey any day of the week.

Are child locks good? YES
Would it be nice for them to be in the H3? YES
Does the lack of them make the H3 inherently unsafe for kids? NO WAY. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right. Dont get me wrong, I love my H3.
But there may be other people out there that may think that due to the fact that there are no child locks, that the H3 is not so family friendly.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

AfroCreame is off the scale

Yeah..the lack of childlocks does suck. My two year old son can reach over far enough to roll down the window so I'am a little concerned. Childlocks should be mandatory.
2006 Hummer H3 Lux

Bye
2005 Hummer H2 SUT Lux W/Bling!
2004 Hummer H2 SUV Lux
Old 02-15-2006, 02:14 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah..the lack of childlocks does suck. My two year old son can reach over far enough to roll down the window so I'am a little concerned. Childlocks should be mandatory.

I beleve you can lock the rear windows .
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

AfroCreame is off the scale

Yeah...already done that but the fact that getting to the door handle isn't much farther is what concerns me.
2006 Hummer H3 Lux

Bye
2005 Hummer H2 SUT Lux W/Bling!
2004 Hummer H2 SUV Lux
Old 02-15-2006, 02:55 AM

Pretty much, my original questions stand...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CampMaster:

Can you get two forward facing carseats and one rear facing car seat installed at the same time?...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hummerman 5150 is off the scale

You can get a full size rear facing car seat in the H3. You do have to pull the fron t seats forward slightly to get in comfortably. Of course comfortable depends on how tall you are and what position you have the seat in. If you have the DVD headrest you may want to be careful as the top of the car seat may hit the screen. When you turn the seat around you will be fine also. I have 2 full size car seat tethered. Pleanty of room for my 1 year old and 3 year old. Hoppe this helps.

Victory Red with all the chrome and options
Old 02-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Hummer Guru

I do believe that they should have put child locks on the H3 but I have a question for everyone and I am not trying to start sh!t here, just asking. How is it that most, if not all, of us survived without child locks or even car seats? I don't have small children so I can't say I understand the issue because of experience but why is it that generations of kids survived before us yet now a vehicle is unsafe without them? Not knocking anyone for wanting them, just curious.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:56 AM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the restraints are ok on the H3
Attached Images

H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed