H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody run the Rubicon in their H2 yet? My buddy and I are going to run it mid Oct. If anyone would like to go post here.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

Has anybody run the Rubicon in their H2 yet? My buddy and I are going to run it mid Oct. If anyone would like to go post here.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Dude....Norcal just ran it with his group!!!!

Let me see if I can get him to make some noise and post some pics for ya! They did extremely well from what I heard. Stand-by for posts...
Old 09-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Hummer Messiah

Damn. Wish I would have been paying attention.
Oh well, still gonna go. Probably the weeend of the 17th. My buddy kent and his wife are going to go. He's got that Zuki that I posted a pic of and rave about.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:45 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Hmm, depending on my schedule I may be intersted. I'd like to see those pics though...

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 09-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve ran the rubicon backwards. He is freakin amazing!
Old 09-22-2003, 09:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

I went on the Norcal trip this weekend and ran the Rubicon with the group. This was my first offroad experience in my H2. I was extremely nervious about attacking the legendary Rubicon on my first trip, but the H2 did not let me down. The experience of the other drivers made a huge difference. There was a total of 7 Hummers (4 H2s & 3 H1s) on the trip, none of us had any problems making through the obstacles. We started on the Tahoe side of the trail and made it up to Observation Point http://www.californiajeeper.com/rubicon/rubicon.pdf before we had to turn around. It was getting late and did not want to be on the trail at night.

I have 37" MTRs on my H2 and to settle the argument once and for all, I did not rub my tires on the fender wells at all. In fact my H2 was the only one that did not hit the rocker bars on the rocks. The extra height made the difference in the rocks.

The Norcal group made this trip a pleasure to go on, and I thank all the members of the group for making my first experience a blast.

I will post a couple of pictures for everyone to see.

03 H2 Sunset Orange Polished Magna Charger w headers & cold air intake, 37" MTRs w Weld Mountain Crushers, GPS Nav. & 2 rear LCD TVs w DVD, Extreme Tube steps
Old 09-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Starting point

03 H2 Sunset Orange Polished Magna Charger w headers & cold air intake, 37" MTRs w Weld Mountain Crushers, GPS Nav. & 2 rear LCD TVs w DVD, Extreme Tube steps
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2003, 09:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Airing down

Attached Images

Old 09-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Rocks

Attached Images

Old 09-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Rock Garden 1

Attached Images

Old 09-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Rock Garden 2

Attached Images

Old 09-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Rock Garden 3

Attached Images

Old 09-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Observation Point

Attached Images

Old 09-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Taking a Bath

[ photo removed - please contact me with any questions - jrosoff@h2source.com ]

[This message was edited by Jason on 10-01-03 at 05:56 PM.]
Old 09-23-2003, 12:51 AM

H2Norcal is off the scale

DRTYFN,

As Kirk said, we had a blast running a third of the tail of the Rubicon (sort of a backwards route). We entered on the McKinney/Rubicon road side (West Shore just outside Tahoma).

We have a boat load of pix and a movie to make yet, but it is a trip you won't forget. The H2's did excellent.

In fact we met a Jeep Rubicon coming up this fine little rocky single track and he was perplexed to see us and asked "did you guys bring the H2's down the rock garden?" We said "Yup".

I will warn you though: you need to have an experienced spotter to go along. Without our spotters our casualties would have been much worse. Most of us just banged up our skids, rocker bars and nipped a few wheels.

If you are interested in seeing more pix or being included on our Northern California Hummer Group event list, email me at H2Norcal@sbcglobal.net. I am the group coordinator and I can give you more details if you need them.

We have a lot of events on the table (some foul weather runs) and some 'very Northern' events slated for the Mendocino forest.

Shoot me an email or keep an eye out for our website (www.norcalhummergroup.org). It is not quite ready but will be up soon.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:28 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

[quote]Originally posted by kdio:
Taking a Bath

Photo removed. Sorry NJH2, was strongly recommended to do so - contact me with any questions - jrosoff@h2source.com

[This message was edited by Jason on 10-01-03 at 05:55 PM.]

Old 09-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Oh man.....I am sooo jealous!!!!

I'm gonna have to get me one of those mythical monsters for our next event. How does Brian do it?????

Just so everyone knows...Brian is putting together a Northern California Hummer group. I'd call it a "Hummer Club"...but that title seems to be associated with another club of sorts. Anyone in Norhtern California of related areas should give Brian a holler and get put on their club email list!

Here's Brian and son at our Pismo event.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:37 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Oh man.....I'm soooo jealous!!!!

I've got to get a legendary mythical monster at one of my runs...how does Brian do it?????

I'm very proud of Brian. I met him at our Pismo event and he's gone back north and undertaken the task of launching his own club too. Just so everyone know...Brian is putting together a Northern California Hummer group. I'd call it a Hummer "club"...but that naming denotes another club of sorts.

Anyone living in Northern Calif. or related areas should contact Brian and get on his club email list.....or did ya just buy that beast to look pretty in your driveway????

Here's the man himself at our Pismo event
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2 Maverick is off the scale

To answer your question about H2s doing the Rubicon. YES! and not just once but approx. five times and only damage was caused by operator error. It was also featured in several offroad mags, approx. nov 2002.