H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-22-2005, 11:26 AM

Linda is off the scale

Oh my God... still in shock at the careless and unthoughtful remarks of the wonderful person that calls himself "HumMORON" (name does seem to fit though)

First off just to clarify a few things for you about this as you call a "jerk, ahole and a big man with a little penis"...... YOU dont have a clue as to who Adam was - by the way he had a name!! Don't know where your getting your info from but Adam purchased his hummer at Christmas time of LAST year so he did'nt still have his dealer tags on. He got his dream vehicle after many years of hard work. He owned his on construction company that he started from scratch and was doing very, very well. He was hardly a selfish person, he gave and gave to people he knew and did'nt even know. That day that he went 4-wheeling with Jen, it was something she wanted to do for her birthday, so he took her. Yes, granted, he broke the law by going somewhere he shouldnt have.... but if I am hearing you correctly are you actually saying that Adam & Jenn BOTH deserved to die the way they did???? Do you have a heart? I am still just amazed that idiots like you even have the gull to respond to something in this manner.
KNOW your facts MORON --- oops I mean Hummoron before YOU go pointing your nasty/heartless finger!!!

Again, thank you to all those that have offered valuable info., along with your condolences, it means a lot.

4CHRCHILL: I agree with you about lets not let this guy get us riled up..... but Adam was my freind, and since he can't defend himself right now, I felt I had to.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Hummoron,

First, let me thank you for thinking enough of what I wrote to quote me. I am relatively new to this forum. To my knowledge, this is the first time that has happened.

Second, let me apologize for the "Fudge(packer)" and idiot comments. It was entirely inappropriate in a matter as serious as this. I was beside myself in learning how badly this incident was botched, but that is no excuse for name-calling.

I don’t know how experienced you are in “first hand Darwinism.” I don’t know how many dead bodies you have recovered rather than rescued. I don’t know if you have seen any of my posts, but I am an avid bicyclist, environmentalist, recycler, strict vegetarian and lover of natural wilderness and ski patrolman. I bought my H2 because it best serves me in getting to work to fulfill my rescue responsibilities. I know you don’t like our trucks, but if you or a loved one were in trouble, I don’t think you would give a second thought to how much fuel a rescue helicopter burns per minute. I could be wrong.

Klaus has elucidated the numerous responsibilities of the Ranger. Even if search and rescue weren’t within a ranger’s purview, I think every citizen has responsibility in doing whatever possible (within reason) to protect the life and limb of others.

You hypothetically assume that Adam was intentionally breaking park rules. You may be right, but I can just as easily hypothesize that he was out at night, focused on the woman he was with, and didn’t see the restriction signs. Perhaps the signs were poorly marked, poorly lit by a burnt out bulb or down entirely. Regardless, does this infraction obviate the responsibility of the Emergency Response System to perform to the standard of care mandated by their job description? Do you honestly believe that driving in a restricted area justifies leaving two people to die of hypothermia?

I don’t see how you can criticize Adam. According to your view, he has paid the ultimate price for his transgression. To that extent, he has taken responsibility for his actions. Now how about the rest of the players ponying up?

I won’t list all my titles, but I am involved in training other patrolman at some fairly high levels. A general rule of thumb for assessing rookies in my business at the most basic level is “would you want them working on your loved one?” I would like you to honestly ask yourself this question regarding this incident. If your loved one, whether breaking a rule or innocently wandering off, were in these dire straits, would you be satisfied that the system functioned properly?

I ask you to look at this entire incident without bias. Your preconceived notions about Adam’s attitude are pure conjecture. Comments regarding seagull food and gene pool, while clearly chosen for their inflammatory quality, are disrespectful of the dead and hurtful to their friends and family. I hope we can refrain from any more of that.

Lastly, my love for the great outdoors and environment notwithstanding, I feel compelled to say that in the short time that I have been a member of this forum, I have found many, many bright, considerate people. I am proud to consider myself as one of them.

t~
Old 03-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

t, OUTSTANDING! Your reply is concise, credible, and (rare in this forum) mature. Drinks on me, buddy!

Hummoron, it is one thing to trash Hummers (it's only a vehicle), but another entirely to speak so lightly about the death of human beings. With so little respect of life, we are not interested in your opinions; but the FBI might.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:56 PM

Linda is off the scale

t~

THANK YOU, what a wonderful response.

-Linda
Old 03-22-2005, 08:56 PM

Hummoron is off the scale

My words were a bit harsh, but it was directed at those of you who want to blame this accident on someone other than the driver.

I first started reading about the accident because I wanted to know what happened. Then I come to this site and read from people like Queen Sheba:

"I am sorry, but why would they look in a place where they were permitted? Come ON! Human nature says that when we have a vehicle that makes us feel safe, we are going to test the limits anyway? They should have been looking in the place where they shouldn't have been. Maybe they would have found them sooner. That must have been a horrible way to die"

She clearly blames someone else for the deaths other than the driver of the vehicle and admits that she is just as stupid. Then I read from tower and others who are calling the Rangers incompetent and bumbling with GPS. While the Park Service does use GPS for a number of things, I have no idea if every vehicle and person is equipped with a hand held GPS and doubt if they are. Most of what I've seen them use are survey grade backpack systems and I'm sure those are only used by the 8-5 work force, not the patrolmen looking for someone in distress. A lesson to be learned, but not one to be punished for.

Hey, that's great tower that you have your hummer for doing search and rescue, but I'm sure most of you don't. And just because you are out driving around in your hummer, doesn't mean you are on a search and rescue effort. He wasn't, he was out for pleasure. As for me worrying about the cost of fuel for a rescue helicopter, I also don't see any helicopter pilots riding around like a wild yahoo just to impress his girlfriend (but no doubt someone has done just that) nor do they use it to fly down the 7-11 to get a six-pack of beer.

When he got his over the sand permit, he would have been given a map and guidelines for that activity. It was his responsibility to become familiar with those rules - no different than doing any other outdoor activity, be it hiking, boating, etc. And no matter what his distractions were, it was still his responsibility to drive carefully. He failed. Yes, it was a harsh lesson, but one none the less and self-inflicted. Sober up and quit blaming others.

Personally I think his estate should be billed for the search and bulldozer used to pull his hummer out of the ocean. I believe it is actually pretty standard that the people getting rescued pay for the rescue. In Greenland, they even have set fees for rescuing people off of the ice.

As for you people wondering how Jen wound up 5 miles from the crash site, I think it is pretty clear what happened.

They drove up the north end of Assateague, turned around and were headed back south. He had the ocean on his left, driving on the waters edge. He was going to fast and hit a hill that rolled the hummer over. Neither were probably wearing their seatbelts, but using their hands pressed against the roof to keep from bouncing as much. They still bounced quite a bit and were enjoying the excitement and thrill of the "roller-coaster" ride. Right up until he said "Hey, watch this."

He was probably tossed from the vehicle when it rolled over and more seriously hurt. She bounced around inside. After coming to a stop, she pressed the OnStar button and then got out to rescue Adam. At best, he was probably only semi-conscious. She then realized the severity of her situation and started screaming. That is what the OnStar person heard. The waves crashing around Jen kept her from hearing the little voice inside the hummer. She then pulled Adam out of the surf and onto the safety of the beach. Before leaving, she kissed him and promised to get help and return. She then turned north toward the lit up sky and walked along the water's edge where the sand was packed.

Normally her choice would have been good. Lights would have meant people and safety. After several hours cold and wet, she reached the north end of Assateague and saw the safety of Ocean City. However, the inlet and bay would make it impossible to cross the otherwise short distance. If it wasn't for the roar of the ocean, she could have easily hollered for help.

As it sunk in that she had just wasted her entire time going in the wrong direction, she turned back south. Cold, tired, scared, and emotionally drained, she eventually collapsed on the packed sand and succumbed to the cold. The tide came up and pulled her body back into the surf.

Truly a tragedy, but one brought on by reckless driving and ignoring the rules, not by the Park Rangers. Yes, it would have been great if help had made it to them and been rescued. It didn't. They got where they were by their own devices, not by someone elses. They both paid the price for his mistakes.

Get over it.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Just like you had questions that led you here, so did Linda and the people on this forum.

QUESTIONS, about a tragic situation that needs an investigation. You are making it way worse and complicated with your insensitivity and vulgarness.

And now, you sick (have a lot of time on your hands) prick, have managed to come up with a detailed story! Shame on you!...enough is enough.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:38 PM

Hummoron is off the scale

In my postings, I attacked the arrogant hummorons (yes, that name was what I think of you) who believe that you are somehow better than everyone else. After all, you drive your big vehicles so that when you run into someone else, they'll get killed, not you. Despite what other strengths Adam might have had, he also demonstrated the attitude of being above others and allowed to trespass and drive above the posted speed limit (I at least hope he was speeding, or his hummer was less stable than the many 4 wheel drive pickups that drive all over the beach).

In return, you attacked bicyclists and people making a living selling food. Wow, that was really mature. Attack someone who has nothing to do with me or my impression of you. Guess you feel real big now.

Certainly not every hummer owner fits the stereotype, but enough of you do that is the reason the stereotype exists.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Hummoron:
Truly a tragedy, but one brought on by reckless driving and ignoring the rules, not by the Park Rangers. Yes, it would have been great if help had made it to them and been rescued. It didn't. They got where they were by their own devices, not by someone elses. They both paid the price for his mistakes.

Get over it.

I can see it now... One day Hummoron will suffer a heart attack. Someone calls 911, but they will give up before they get to him. Someone will then say:

"Yes, it would have been great if help had made it to him and he had been rescued. It didn't. He got where he was by eating greasy burgers. He paid the price for his mistake. Get over it."
Old 03-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
In return, you attacked bicyclists and people making a living selling food. Wow, that was really mature. Attack someone who has nothing to do with me or my impression of you. Guess you feel real big now.

I believe someone was referring to the venereal disease that you contracted from your sister. And I don't own or drive a Hummer and... are you a bike licker?
Old 03-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummoron, blaming is human nature. For instance, you are blaming us, for blaming those incompetent rescuers.

Pushing the limit is also human nature. For example, hundreds of people die each day driving pass the speed limit.

These were not the issue. The issue is your incredibly insensitive, immature, irresponsible attitude. Freedom of speech does not excuse you from being an *******.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:17 AM

Linda is off the scale

This information that I have just recently found out is for those that have asked to be updated, and are truely concerned (not for your harsh words or critism HUMMORON, heard more than I care to from you - u seem to THINK u know so much about what happened yet you havent a clue.... your so far off base)

After speaking with the attorney that is representing the deceased family's of Adam & Jenn (by the way Adam & Jenn were JUST long time freinds, Adam was engaged to someone else and Jenn had a long time boyfreind) I discovered that Adam was NOT speeding - infact at the time he hit the drop off, he was going a mere 15 miles per hour! As for the drinking that so many people think was a factor, the autopsy reports on both Adam & Jenn showed absoultely NO traces of alchol.

Found out something else interesting... the reason the Rangers called of the search that night, was because even though they got the call from Onstar... they discovered a vehicle that was stuck after that, and helped them and decided IT was that vehicle in distress --- even though mind you, it had NO onstar!!!! Another bit of news I found interesting was not only the onstar call placed by Jenn pressing the button, but ALSO by the airbags being deployed!!!! Now would'nt you think that they (meaning Onstar & the Rangers) might stop to think that maybe, just maybe this was a bit more serious than simply being stuck in the sand????

-Linda
Old 03-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<Table>
<P class=MsoPlainText align=center><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=5>Two
Bodies Recovered After Assateague Accident </FONT>
</P>
<P class=MsoPlainText></P>

Shawn J. Soper, Staff Writer</P>

ASSATEAGUE ISLAND (02/11/2005)
- Questions remain this week after an off-road joy ride on Assateague Island
last Saturday night turned tragic when a SUV overturned in the surf in the
National Park and ultimately claimed the lives of its two young occupants.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>Around daybreak last Sunday morning, surfers on Assateague
found the body of Adam Starky, 25, of Cockeysville, Md. just a few feet from his
severely damaged 2004 Hummer, which was lying on its side half-submerged in the
surf. This discovery answered at least some of the questions from a bizarre
sequence of events from the night before, but did not tell the whole story.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>A little more than 24 hours later, a State Park Ranger
found the body of Starky’s passenger, Jennifer Holly Ashe, 24, also of
Cockeysville on Assateague about one-half mile south of the Ocean City Inlet and
roughly five miles north of the Hummer accident scene. Investigators are still
trying to piece together the details of the accident and determine how and why
Ashe’s body was discovered several miles away from the accident scene.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>Investigators believe the strength of the ocean currents at
high tide in the area of the crash scene could have moved Ashe’s body out to sea
and up the beach toward Ocean City where it was found on Monday morning. </P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>“The ocean currents are extremely strong in that area and
could have done any number of things to the victims,” said Assateague National
Parks Chief of Visitor Services Robert Fudge. “While we may never be certain,
it’s highly possible the woman victim’s body could have been carried out to sea
by those strong currents.”</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>The vehicle was found east of the dune line in the path of
the oncoming tide with its roof partially caved in and the doors buckling
outward. Throughout the night Saturday, it was in the path of the changing tide
and was likely completely submerged at high tide. </P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>“The Hummer was found partially submerged and full of water
and sand when it was discovered early Sunday morning, but it would have been
significantly submerged during high tide,” said Fudge.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>According to Fudge, the wide, flat stretch of beach is
often completely underwater at high tide, which is why searchers may not have
been able to locate the distressed vehicle the night before, although the
preliminary search focused on the designated off-road vehicle zone and not the
area where the Hummer was ultimately found. “It would have been detectable, but
it was very likely under a lot of water,” said Fudge.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>Around 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, the vehicle-equipped OnStar
system received a distress call from a vehicle determined to be Starky’s 2004
Hummer and the satellite locating system loosely located the vehicle somewhere
on Assateague Island. OnStar contacted the Worcester County Sheriff’s
Department, which, in turn, notified the National Parks Service Rangers about a
potential vehicle in distress.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>Investigators are still trying to determine if either of
the victims placed the emergency call to OnStar. The motorist emergency service
system is automatically notified if an air bag is deployed on an equipped
vehicle, but that service is not typically available on recreational
vehicles.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>Park Rangers immediately initiated a ground search of the
island’s entire 12-mile designated off-road vehicle zone. However, they were
unable to locate the source of the distress call reported by OnStar, and the
search was ultimately called off after several hours. Surfers found the wrecked
Hummer and the body of its driver early the next morning about two miles north
of the Sinepuxent Ranger Station and the entrance to the designated off-road
vehicle zone.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>A multi-agency search and rescue operation was initiated
during which National Parks Service personnel were joined by the U.S. Coast
Guard, the County Sheriff’s Department, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
Police, State Park Rangers, Maryland State Police and the Berlin Volunteer Fire
Department.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>A Coast Guard rescue boat from Ocean City, a Coast Guard
helicopter from Atlantic City and a Maryland Natural Resources Police helicopter
searched the waters near the accident scene throughout the day on Sunday because
it was uncertain at the time how many victims were involved. Coast Guard
Lieutenant Junior Grade Christopher Lucero said that due to the “level of
uncertainty,” mainly from the OnStar call, the Coast Guard and other agencies
carried out a long search before calling it off late Sunday evening.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>As each hour passed, the possibility of finding any
survivors in the frigid waters became more and more remote. Lucero said with
water temperatures in the low 40s, any victims would likely have about an hour
and a half to survive. </P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>“We carried out an aggressive search of the area for
survivors, but unfortunately we found no one at the time,” he said.</P>
<P class=MsoBodyText>As of late Sunday afternoon, investigators had a wrecked
vehicle and a male victim, but they were still uncertain if any other victims
were involved. However, a missing persons report filed in Baltimore County late
Sunday night for a woman believed to be a friend of Starky’s who had accompanied
him on a trip to the Eastern Shore to go four-wheeling. The grim discovery of
Ashe’s body early the next day confirmed her family’s worst fears.</P></Table>
Old 03-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Banned

<Table>
<TR>
<TD>

<FONT size=3>Transcript of 911 call</FONT>

<HR align=center noShade SIZE=1>
</A>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>911: Emergency Services?

OnStar: Hi. This is Walter calling from OnStar.

911: OK

OnStar: I have an emergency key press coming in from a vehicle. Right now I
have them located, it looks like they’re on the… is it Assateague or Assateague
Island National Seashore?

OnStar: However, I am not finding the street names of where they are.

OnStar: Is this your jurisdiction, ma’am?

911: Yes, it is. What’s the phone number you’re calling from?

OnStar: My number is (866) 866 again -5006. …Let me give you the case number.
It’s 614563425.

911: OK and your name and operator number?

OnStar: My name is Walter. I do have a connection with the vehicle, however,
I’m not getting a response. It’s fading in and out, and I do hear screaming
inside the vehicle, but I don’t know what the actual emergency is.

OnStar: And I’m trying to give you a better street, or at least a crossing
street but I don’t have anything –

911: That’s fine. That should be enough. Did they give you coordinates or
anything like that?

OnStar: Let me see…

911: Cause there’s not really many streets back there, it’s just an island.

OnStar: OK, now I don’t know how good this is. Right now I’m showing that the
latitude is 38.21

911: 38.21

OnStar: and the long is -75.14.

911: OK, we’ll see what we can do with that.

OnStar: Do you need [unintelligible] with the vehicle or would that be enough
for you?

911: That should be enough. What’s the phone number to the vehicle?

OnStar: The vehicle phone number I have is (443) 845-0323

911: 0323

OnStar: and it’s a 2004 Hummer H2.

911: 2004 Hummer. OK, what color?

OnStar: The color is gray.

911: OK. Alright and all it says is it’s an emergency key press, which is
just that one button on there? They just pressed it?

OnStar: Yes.

911: OK. Alright, we’ll go have somebody stop out there. If you do hear
anything else or if you could get a hold of somebody in the vehicle, if you
don’t mind just giving us a call back?

OnStar: Yes, ma’am.

911: Oh, what’s the owner’s name?

OnStar: I’m showing an Adam Starkey.

911: Adam Starkey—that name sounds familiar. OK and I’m operator 76.

OnStar: 76?

911: Yup.

OnStar: Thank you, ma’am.

911: Uh huh. Bye bye. </P></TD></TR></Table>
Old 03-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Wow , just got to read this thread. Hummermoron did you always suck cock or were you born that way. Its douche bags like you that give us a bad name.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Banned

<table>

<FONT face="GM Serif" size=2>Every day, an estimated 200,000 calls are made
to 911 using wireless technology, according to the Cellular Telecommunications
& Internet Association (CTIA). OnStar responds to about 13,000 emergency
calls each month. OnStar continues to work closely with emergency personnel to
report thousands of motor vehicle emergencies every year. Between November
2004 and January 2005, OnStar responded to a monthly average of:</FONT></P>

</P>
<UL type=disc>
<LI><FONT face="GM Serif" size=2>900 airbag notifications</FONT>
<LI><FONT face="GM Serif" size=2>400 stolen vehicle location requests</FONT>
<LI><FONT face="GM Serif" size=2>20,000 roadside assistance</FONT></LI>[/list]</table>
Old 03-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Banned

<Table> </Table>
<Table>
</Table>

Monday, February 14, 2005

INCIDENTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assateague Island National Seashore (VA)
Follow-up on Fatal Humvee Accident

On the night of Saturday, February 5th, a Humvee accident on the park’s beach led to the deaths of two park visitors, subsequently identified as Adam Starkey, 25, of Cockeysville, Maryland, and Jennifer Ashe, 24, of Baltimore City, Maryland. Witnesses on the beach said that they saw a Hummer traveling at a high rate of speed down the beach earlier that evening. Surfers found the 2004 H2 Hummer in the surf more than a mile-and-a-half within the posted closed area the following morning. The man’s body was found not far from the vehicle; the woman’s body was found on Monday morning by a Maryland state park ranger about five-and-a-half miles north of the wreck site. A critical incident stress management team arrived in the park on Tuesday to meet with park staff. NPS special agent Tim Alley has been assigned to the investigation.
[Submitted by Mike Anderson, Chief Ranger]
Old 03-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
In my postings, I attacked the arrogant hummorons (yes, that name was what I think of you) who believe that you are somehow better than everyone else. After all, you drive your big vehicles so that when you run into someone else, they'll get killed, not you.

Certainly not every hummer owner fits the stereotype, but enough of you do that is the reason the stereotype exists.

I guess I'm a little confused by the "sterotype" that has suddenly been formed in the past two years regarding owners of H2's. For the most part, I must pass between 10 and 15 H2's a day driving in Northwest Houston. I would say at least 2/3's of the drivers are females between the ages of say 18 and say 48. They definitely appear to be people who would normally be driving a Tahoe but, given the chance to own something different, chose an H2.

Now granted, those numbers aren't substantiated with the membership that you will see here. For the most part, the group here is mostly male between the ages of 20 and 50. Now, I can tell you, most of the group from what I can tell are professionals who like the look of the H2 and don't mind the gas mileage. The H2 was something different to do, kind of like the Corvette or Viper. Now, speaking from experience, I historically have been a crewcab pickup guy but decided to give the H2 a shot after seeing it and test driving it. I do like it but intend on eventually getting an older model H1 and another crewcab diesel pickup.

I only say all of this because I don't believe people purchase H2's because they think they are better than everybody else. I mean, if that was the case, why stop there. Just go ahead and get a Range Rover, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes G-wagon, lexus Lx 450(?) or BMW X-5 and truly demonstrate that you have $60K to $90K to spend on a car... When all factored in, the Hummer H2 is a very nicely priced vehicle competitive in price to Tahoe Z-71, Yukon Denali and Cadillac Escalade. (With discounts and rebates you can pick one up for around $600/month which in today's world isn't too bad a deal.) You can't sit there and tell me that everytime you see someone driving a Tahoe, Denali or Escalade, you think the same thing-******* with an attitude...

Now, with regards to "drive your big vehicles so that when you run into someone else, they'll get killed, not you." You really don't believe this, do you? If so, I've got a better forum for you to go to http://www.thedieselstop.com/

There you will find close to 51,000 owners of Ford Diesel Crewcab Longbed Trucks, Duallys, and even the dreaded... "Excursion"... The Ultimate Gas Guzzler and Road Hog. I'm sure the members over there would welcome you with open arms... Especially when you start complaining about how big the trucks are that they drive...

Anyways, I really think when you look at the number of Ford, Chevy, and Dodge Truck Owners in the marketplace, they should be your target audience if your true issue is the size of the vehicle. Crewcab Longbed Trucks make the H2 look small and with their heavier diesel engine make more of an impact in a crash...
Old 03-23-2005, 03:26 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Linda, my condolances to you for the loss of your friends.

'03 H2