H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TPMS Issues

Greetings all,

Recently, I bought a set of BFG Rugged Terrain TA tires and accompanying TPMS to run on my Granite Alloy "summer rims" that I have had for years.

Upon installation of all the above, the TPMS cluster light did not illuminate. This seemed strange to me as I figured it would illuminate until the new sensors were programmed to the ECM.

I took it to the local GM Chevy garage and they attempted to reset the system. Ultimately, they could not sync the system and now the TPMS cluster light will not turn off. The GM Chevy tech suggested that I may need a new dash cluster and suspiciously provided me said part number. Quite frankly, given the circumstances and that I was not experiencing any issues before with the stock rims/sensors, I thought that recommendation was simply ludicrous. I hope he did not damage my dash cluster or ECM somehow as he was under the belief the light was on when I brought it to the dealership. The customer service representative that schedule the appointment and drove the vehicle into the mechanics bay agreed with me and confirmed that the light was not on.

Anyway, I had two other garages scan the system and attempt to reprogram the sensors. Neither had any success. One garage could not read four of the sensors but did get the fifth to read - but only after three attempts. And then the signal was apparently weak.

To Advance Auto's (AA) credit, they offered to replace all of the sensors but we both agreed that it is highly likely that all five sensors are defective. Further AA states these are the same Dorman brand sensors used by most automotive companies in new vehicles.

So, has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
Chris