H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I've been talking with a couple people here about business ventures, self employment, etc. We would like to get a group of select people together to brainstorm business ideas, ventures, and ideally get something started.

If you are interested in being part of the group, please post here. Include a quick description of your experience with business ownership and what you'd like to see happen in this group.

This is going to be a serious thing so if you're not into participating or don't have the time, please skip it.

Once the replies here die off we'll put together a group and get a PM started.

Thanks,
- Dan
Hummer Guru

Hi all,

I've been talking with a couple people here about business ventures, self employment, etc. We would like to get a group of select people together to brainstorm business ideas, ventures, and ideally get something started.

If you are interested in being part of the group, please post here. Include a quick description of your experience with business ownership and what you'd like to see happen in this group.

This is going to be a serious thing so if you're not into participating or don't have the time, please skip it.

Thanks,
- Dan
Hummer Guru

Hi all,

Thanks,
- Dan
Old 06-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale

Dan,

Excellent idea - like-minded individuals, with a common goal, tend to get results!

If your business models and ideas/brainstorming will include an international aspect then I'd be delighted to throw my hat in the ring!

My experience is mainly within manufacturing and the sales and distribution thereon - most of this specifically in the engineering sector and capital equipment.

I own a share in an engineering group currently as well as interests in leisure venues, and food importation. In the past I've had interests in a varied cross section of businesses from Internet IPO's (!) through to international outsourcing ventures (predominantly in Eastern Europe, China and India).

I am 36 years old and have travelled pretty much all over the globe conducting business within all the major cultures.

Oh....and I've got an H2 (amongst other things! :-) )

I think the identification of the relevant skills and experience of the group members is the starting point - followed by a brain dump of business ideas and concepts - then a debate over the merits of each concept to quickly get to a few key "workable" business models....from there a couple of teams to branch off and work-up quick feasability studies on each key concept then back for a debate on those.

The group needs to be dynamic, decisive and have a broad mix of skills and experience.

Looking forward to it already!

Darren
Old 06-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Hummer Professional

It\'s a Dry Heat is off the scale

I would like to hear what It's about. And would like to be a part of the original go down group. I have lots of ideas. And run a little internet business. I've done everything on my own. www.enichesoftware.com
Old 06-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I dont have the capital or the ideas to start a business of my own...but if you need any help (whether it be technical, or mundane crap) let me know.

I have been doing various forms of computer tech support for the past 4 years as well as some Network Admin work. I might not be as qualified as you would like, but I am a quick learner.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

Im up for it. We have a small select group that meets monthly to brainstorm and it is VERY helpful.

I started my own company 4 1/2 years ago with $735.00 in the bank. We had two staff memebers. Me and a girl who answered the phone while I was out doing service calls. We are now 14 people strong and at 1.4 million per year in sales. PRINTER SOLUTIONS www.fixmyprinter.com for details.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

pushrod is off the scale

I'm real tired of practicing law. What are you thinking about doing?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Hummer Guru

We are not considering anything in particular yet. That's the point of the group, to brainstorm ideas and maybe implement some of them.

I'll leave the thread open for a few more days so don't expect to jump right in. After everyone has had a chance to reply if they're going to, we'll get a group together in a PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to be part of the group. Granted I'm not online as much as I used to be but I can make more time as I am always looking to venture into some kind of new business.

As far as experience goes I have always been on the retail end of things but I have some pretty good knowledge of wholesale having dealt with many companies over the last 10 years.

Currently I own 2 grocery stores, have some rental property and I have a little computer business on the side during my spare time. Aside from that I help here and there with the advertising group for our main distributor.

I really like to spend money too so a new business sure would help the habit seeing as I am running out of it thanks to my sisters wanting big paychecks.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:51 PM

Paul L is off the scale

Great idea Dan
I would be very interested. I have & manage a very diverse and successful high-end woodworking company. The other company is the commercial building on short notice, a niche that is very entertaining and challenging. Count me in!
Old 06-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Oguy is off the scale

I don't have much time to offer between my job and continuing to grow my Hummer equipment business, but in the interest of growing my business and having the opportunity to brainstorm, design, and develop something I am very interested. I am not much of a business man but I have been very blessed with design and fabrication skills. Let me know

Neil Dana

www.h2ohummers.com
Old 06-09-2004, 03:51 AM

BAMFH2 is off the scale

Dan,

Count me in.

Been in the tech business for the past 14 yrs and own my own computer sales/repair/outsource IT company now.

Would be very interested in sharing ideas - war stories - etc with the gang.

Member of the Denver Chapter of the S&B since 2003
Old 06-09-2004, 04:25 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, I would request to join in -- at the very least to see how this could be pulled off with everyone being everywhere. This will be interesting!

Oh yeah, my credentials: a bunch of stuff from manufacturing, developing shopping centers, retail, running restaurants, sales, to inventing stuff (even got a US patent ). My forte is negotiation and sales.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, I'm interested. I have a feeling that this group could generate some incredible ideas.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:49 PM

IPStack is off the scale

I would lik eto be included, I have a ton of ideas as well. I think this could be a good idea.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:59 PM
\"Doc\"-sqrd \

\

OK, I'ld be interested as well. I can't guarantee that I will end up contributing anything of use to the group but I like a challenge.

I'm the Honorary Texas Chairman of the NRCC Physician's Advisory Board, serve on the Physician Board of Directors for the MedWell Group and the Advisory Board for MotoCoolStuff.

I am President of APEX Radiology,PA, and have developed a new business plan for Delantera Sportfishing which I hope to "launch" this year end or first quarter of next year.

I am currently a practicing radiologist and have served as Chief of Staff for my hospital and Director of Radiology. I am a member of the Medical Executive Committee and serve on the Strategic Planning Committee for the hospital.

I have managed two NIH-funded research laboratories and have served in Assistant Professor faculty positions at a medical school in the past as well (in my former life as BS,MS,PhD ).

\"Doc\"-sqrd

\'03 Red, red grill, Gobi rack/spare tire/ladder, black chrome stuff, Warn 9500ti multimount frt/rr, Pioneer NAV system, Gobi frt/rr lights, brush guard lights, Xenarc HIDs, black chrome wheels waiting for 37\" tires.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:01 PM

Peyton77 is off the scale

If their is a company H2 involved i may have to participate....

Old 06-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Dan,
Count me in if there is still room. Internet marketing, relationship management and negotiations are my forte. I also have good IT skills.
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.