H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-25-2005, 04:14 PM

Benz0 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hoss75:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> the liberty is ok if you like them, but even the Michigan jeepers website doesn't have a category for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because we face the same elitist BS from the majority of the Jeep community that you guys do. The Liberty is far more capable (even in stock configuration) than it is given credit for. Throw on a 2-3" lift and some better tires and it will go anywhere most Wranglers will. I've proved it.

Hoss
2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a 2003 KJ Renegade and the only reason I got rid of it was because of the ground clearance and LACK of a quality suspension from aftermarket providers...

I know Rusty is still working on a SAS kit for them...but until someone actually makes a replacement A-arm for the front suspension to give you more ground clearance and engineering it with the balljoint lifespan in mind there will still be days when the "salty" jeep owners will still give KJ owners a hard time - mainly because of the IFS...

Just wheel it...
Old 07-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

MR Tool is off the scale

Easy there hoss. Liberty's that are wheeled get thier respect. I have wheeled wih many, just like anything mostly determined by driver.

This post is for my STOCK Rubicon vs any STOCK H2.

The fact of the matter is:
Most trails are cut by jeeps and wheeled by jeeps, therefore they are not "wide vehicle friendly"
LWB has advantages at some obstacles
SWB has advantages at some obstacles
IFS is great for street ride
SFA is great for offroad
I am locked.
You are not.

I can on and on and it won't matter because people belive what they believe, and when they are proven wrong they will make an excuse to back up thier claim.

so in short:
anyone that believes that a STOCK RUBICON is not a MORE CAPABLE OFF-ROAD out of the box, hardcore, fancy-schmancy, wheeling gift of the gods that is by matter of pure physics BETTER than an H2 never will.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:28 PM

hoss75 is off the scale

Superlift is doing some promising work with a 4" lift for the KJ.. they've done some work with the A arms and have dropped the cradle for the front diff. I'm eagerly awaiting it, they say it should be ready sometime this fall.. however many people are running the Rusty's 2.5" full Spring lift without any problems right now.

Mr. Tool, I know not all (actually not even the majority) of Jeepers look down on the KJ, but alot do..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am locked. You are not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This probably wasn't aimed at me but,..Actually, I am.. Powertrax No Slip in the rear. eventually will be putting a Tru-trac or the like in the front (probably about the sametime I have to pull the front diff for the Superlift_.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:41 PM

hoss75 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The biggest factor between these vehicles ability is down to the driver anway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true with alot of vehicles... I've wakled through obstacles in my KJ that had a stock Rubi stuck.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

SoonerBoarder is off the scale

I have an H2, but my son really likes his Jeep Liberty...

Old 07-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote]Originally posted by SoonerBoarder:

Hey I just noticed they're sharing the same frame as the TJ and YJ.

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-25-2005, 05:14 PM

hoss75 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey I just noticed they're sharing the same frame as the TJ and YJ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL...

Ya have to admit that's a pretty cool stroller!
Old 07-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Hey I just noticed they're sharing the same frame as the TJ and YJ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
[quote]Originally posted by SoonerBoarder:

Hey I just noticed they're sharing the same frame as the TJ and YJ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It looks like they share the "unit body" design with the stroller </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! That's what I meant to say.

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-25-2005, 05:33 PM

Benz0 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey I just noticed they're sharing the same frame as the TJ and YJ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

put down the crackpipe...the wranglers all have frames...the KJ is unibody like the grocery getter ZJ/XJ and WJ
Old 07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hoss75:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The biggest factor between these vehicles ability is down to the driver anway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true with alot of vehicles... I've wakled through obstacles in my KJ that had a stock Rubi stuck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wakled? Is that like waddling? Are you obese?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MR Tool:
anyone that believes that a STOCK RUBICON is not a MORE CAPABLE OFF-ROAD out of the box, hardcore, fancy-schmancy, wheeling gift of the gods that is by matter of pure physics BETTER than an H2 never will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wheel with a stock Rubicon all the time. And if not for the driver's skills I'd have to pull it everywhere. As it is I've had to stack rocks and lay down trees so it could get through stuff that my H2 got through.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:34 PM

hoss75 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wakled? Is that like waddling? Are you obese? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey leave my wieght out of this.. Stupid fat fingers.. but ya know what they say about guys with big hands!
They need big gloves
Old 07-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wakled? Is that like waddling? Are you obese? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey leave my wieght out of this.. Stupid fat fingers.. but ya know what they say about guys with big hands!
They need big gloves </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry that you've got ham hands.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

hognose is off the scale

[quote]If Patton were alive he would pistol ANYONE that would put Hitler in a Jeep.QUOTE]

Tool, you can't quite seem to wrap your brain around the fact that NO ONE here "PUT" Hitler in a Jeep. That is a picture that is already out on the "Internet". Seriously man, there was no conspiracy to digitally edit Hitler into a pic just to make Jeeps look bad.....the pic already existed. In no way am I saying the picture used was not a fake, simply that the image existed long before this pissing contest.

I only post this because you seem waaaaay worked up over that pic specifically...hopefully you can sleep at night now knowing it was not created by one of our Hummer brethren. ;-)

That said, chill the **** out, I'd like to see the jeepers putting half the effort into ensuring "factual information" regarding other brands that they have put forth in questioning this video. It's really funny to me how often people become "keepers of the truth" only when what is being spouted as fact(incorrectly) reflects negatively on them. Not a slam on you directly but I honestly find it odd that so many jeepers are suddenly concerned with facts when they have a clear and overwhelming pattern of not caring about them with regard to other brands.....

Honestly, there is no way you haven't seen numerous posts by other jeepers bashing tacos or Hummers, how often have you spent the time to correct their "facts"?

Chris
Old 07-26-2005, 03:03 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What he said!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Attached Images