H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Or maybe this.

S&B Member since '03
Attached Images

Old 02-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

At least now you don't have to rely on that lame excuse you came up with for bailing on Moab.

S&B Member since '03
Old 02-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The Sage one will give ya Heart Palps! If you see the sticker anyway!

A reoccurring image of the two squirrels Doing the funky paw shake--after takin out ARGO's H2--keep running thru the brain!

Bummer Ya F%*ked Up Your Hummer!

[This message was edited by Big Z on 02-29-04 at 10:15 AM.]
Old 02-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

Nice pics DRTYFN, I would say the frame is bent in a couple of spots.
Looks like the torsion bars were shoved back too.
I'd go for new one Argo.

It's skunk breeding season here, 3 dead in 10 miles on one road and another road has a flat skunk in the road and bloated coon on the side.

Yell'r 04 Lux w/ air, sunroof,F&R brush bars
04 Chevy D/A CC SLT LB
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

This is not a total, far from it, not a big deal, not bad at all, no body damage which is usually most expensive part. Wild guess $2K-$3K-$4K? 2-3 months? better get used to the Taurus rental car. Small price for you to pay for saving a stray dog. Next time just run over the sucker.

Wonder what would happen if you were in your BMW 3? I have seen several times BMW 3s flipped over on the side of the road with wide-eyed kids standing there waiting for the tow trucks and wondering how they gonna explain it to their parents.

You are in no position to look at new Hummers, get it dried and fixed and forget about it. Look at the bright side, you are okay and alive, dog is okay and alive, no scratch on paint and even your plate is still there.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

Mac, you didn't get to see the thoroughly water-logged interior.
We we're guessing at least $20K to fix it. Plus then Argo would get to live with the musty smell whenever it gets warm outside.

Argo, you've got to show me where that happened.

S&B Member since '03
Old 02-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Water inside is okay, he can always tell people he was running deep in the stream, that will impress the offroad people. The smell is okay too, just start smoking inside the Hummer after he gets it back 3-4 months later. "What's that smell?" "What smell? I don't smell anything!" The ricer shops sell many types of cheap perfume which should confuse the senses.

I don't see $20K repair, even at $20K, insurance company is not going to total it. Insurance company will count is as $20K repair, jack up the premium rate to cover $20K, but actually pay $5K-$10K in their substandard shop with substandard parts if available.

At least Argo is okay, he said he is rich, any problem can be fixed with money is not a problem.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

I don't think you're getting the full effect from the pics. It's a very near total.
Just the underside is going to cost well over $15K. The frame is f*cked. So right there that means removal of frame... cha-ching, purchase of new frame... cha-ching, installation of new frame... CHA-CHING!!!
There are numerous other components that need to be repair/replaced that don't come across in the pics.
Argo, if you'd like I can look up the number for YellowCab.

S&B Member since '03
Old 02-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

If you remember AZ's orange H2 had about $35K damages? he thought he was going to get a new H2, but insurance company insisted on fixing it instead of total it. To total it, it will cost insurance company $45K-$50K, vs. costing $20K to fix it. If you are the insurance company, which would you choose? plus insurance company never pay full repair price. The worst part is he has to wait many months during the repair.

20 years ago I had a BMW I ran straight into a lamp post on upper Market street, the post was 1 inch from the engine. That was a $18K new BMW back then, costed $10K+ and 1 year to fix, meanwhile I had to make monthly payments; I bought a MB and ended up with 2 monthly car payments, PLUS 2 monthly insurance premium payments, (I had to pay insurance on that BMW in the shop,) making weekly visits to the shop like visiting an old friend in the hospital. The work was stop and go, always waiting for some parts. They cut the front part of a rear-end totalled BMW and welded onto my BMW, 2 cars in 1. My insurance went up to $8,000 a year(20 years ago's money.) By the time that BMW came out a year later, it felt very different, something was wrong. I paid the loan off, took it to Peter Pan BMW, they could not get enough BMW to sell, used car manager gave me a check for $13K without even driving it. I left the lot and cashed the check in a big hurry. I was Argo's age, an arrogant and ignorant *******.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:40 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Nice pics DRTY. yeah, I would say it was pretty much done for. Whatever the bill ends up being I will be Hummerless for at least a few months. I get to go to the dealership tomorrow morning and chat with the dude. Must of the damage to the frame came from winching the sucker out. It was stuck in really deep mud and the front tire got caught in a culvert when they were trying to pull it backwards. Really the tow truck company messed it up. When it went into the ditch it was fine. Soft mud, no rocks. Just water damage. Do you think I can go after the tow company or do I have to bite the bullet and claim the insurance?

DRTY, the funny thing is that this happened sooo close to home. Literally at the base of my hill. I have really bad car luck. I know I should have hit the dog, but it was my neigbor's dog that had gotten loose, and my dog plays with that one, so I would have felt really really bad. Not that i feel warm and fuzzy about my truck.

The funny thing is that the cops showed up about three and a half hours after I got stuck. I guess somebody got sick of the tow truck noise and called them in. The five cops that showed up thought it was really funny. I didn't. Oh well. Lesson learned. Just squash the damn thing next time.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Only real friends tell real friends the truth. I am sure your parents and others already told you these:

You don't have bad luck with cars, it is bad judgement, lack of experience and bad driving skill. I know you most likely will not accept it and blame on others or bad luck. Most of us have been through the same stuffs.

Insurance companies know what they are doing, why do you think you(your parents) pay such a high premium for your driving? because they knew you will mess up the Hummer and few more automobiles after the Hummer. They have your accidents, record, profile and know where you fit in, you are high risk young adult. Not to mention you carry guns on you. As long as you stay alive, don't drink and drive, don't kill anyone, everything will work itself out after many years.

BTW, I really don't think you should be carrying concealed gun(s) with you, you drink and you are young. It is strictly for your own benefit.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

Don't leave it with the body shop up there!!!! The manager is a f*cking crook!!! He was going to butthumpski me for $4500 bucks to fix my door and I got it done perfectly for $1750. He tried to tell me he needed to fix all kinds of stuff that wasn't even damaged. Have it towed out of there tomorrow.
Email me for the info.

S&B Member since '03
Old 03-01-2004, 12:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Argo, make sure you tell your insurance company about the tow job. They will be the ones to go after the towing company, I believe. Also really push for them to total it. It does not hurt to try.

Make sure you have that piece towed to your house first so you can strip it of the goodies. Then send it off. It is worth the cost of the tow.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 03-01-2004, 04:52 AM

Yeah, The tow company is definately going to be a target. I will find out tomorrow what's going to happen and update you guys. I have been beating myself up about this because I really could have swerved left instead and none of it would have happened. I hate kneejerk reactions. The important thing is that nobody got hurt at all (and no animals were injured in the making of this film) and thus the problem is fixable. If anybody had been hurt this would be a whole lot worse. It's just a car/truck and is replaceable.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:54 PM

noc is off the scale

You wouldn't want to have the Insurance company total it. Don't they calculate based on wholesale bluebook? If it is, it's like $34k or less. That'll hurt even worst.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Hummer Professional

I've totalled some too and they always try to lowball u.
Sometimes it takes a lot of fighting and argueing, even the adjuster was cussing at us.
Since he lost his bonus for saving the company $$.
You can get atleast replacement cost out of them and keep your goodies.

04 Chevy D/A CC SLT LB
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Hummer Professional

Argo any update yet??????

04 Chevy D/A CC SLT LB
Ex H2&3 owner
Old 03-04-2004, 04:11 PM

Nope, still waiting on the dealership to get me an estimate.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:09 AM
Hummer Messiah

BTT for the dumb ass factor.