H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Does anyone know of a "cheap" roof rack ? The ones i've seen are around $2000. I didnt know i was this cheap , but that seems like alot. I only need it for a one week expedition. Thanks , need one before July 15th. THanks Doug
Old 06-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Does anyone know of a "cheap" roof rack ? The ones i've seen are around $2000. I didnt know i was this cheap , but that seems like alot. I only need it for a one week expedition. Thanks , need one before July 15th. THanks Doug
Old 06-12-2005, 12:47 PM

4churchill is off the scale

Bite your lip, open the wallet and go with a GOBI. Its the best accessory I have ever put on a car. Looks great, is very functional, and is made well. You will want to use it more than just for one trip. I now find myself offering to haul stuff for people just to utilize my rack

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 06-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Yakima makes a small one.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dug3x3:
Does anyone know of a "cheap" roof rack ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Use the existing roof bars, 4 * 6 foot 2x4s and at leaste 2 rolls of duct tape </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dont laugh , it might be 2x4's .
Old 06-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Yakima makes a small one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks , they do look more affordable. But i think i am going to build one. I need to put two kids four wheelers, three mini bikes , and one adult four wheeler someplace . Obiviously not all on the roof , but i need a big rack. I think i'll build one that stretches from the back all the way to the front of the h2 and support it with square tube coming up from the front receiver hitch. I would like to buy one more crossover bar for the top if anyone has one for sale. - Doug
Old 06-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

GOBI is the best! If you can buy H2 you can aford a GOBI!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Man:
GOBI is the best! If you can buy H2 you can aford a GOBI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zip it up you little fruit brained retard. Go back in your hole and stay there.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dug3x3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

Thanks , they do look more affordable. But i think i am going to build one. I need to put two kids four wheelers, three mini bikes , and one adult four wheeler someplace . Obiviously not all on the roof , but i need a big rack. I think i'll build one that stretches from the back all the way to the front of the h2 and support it with square tube coming up from the front receiver hitch. I would like to buy one more crossover bar for the top if anyone has one for sale. - Doug </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Put that in the classified section. You may get lucky. That's how I sold mine.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks , they do look more affordable. But i think i am going to build one. I need to put two kids four wheelers, three mini bikes , and one adult four wheeler someplace . Obiviously not all on the roof , but i need a big rack. I think i'll build one that stretches from the back all the way to the front of the h2 and support it with square tube coming up from the front receiver hitch. I would like to buy one more crossover bar for the top if anyone has one for sale. - Doug </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WOW! Sounds like you need a pickup! Go to your dealer and ask if they have an exta crossover bar off a wreck. Sometimes they'll give it to you, and don't forget to ask for the key. Good luck with the rack. Sounds HUGE!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a Link to Surco Roof Basket. They are very easy to put togather and install on your Hummer. They will fit right into on your cross bars on the roof.

http://www.everythingsuv.com/surco_s...racks-esuv.asp

Here is a picture of my Hummer with a Surco Basket on it.

Also the Basket are light weight.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Thanks everyone. But i'm goin out to the scrap pile to see what i can find. I take pics as i'm building it. It should be wicked rednecky.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Heres some metal grate , 3' x 13' might work if not to heavy.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Attached Images

Old 06-12-2005, 10:36 PM

Allen is off the scale

I got my from Wilderness Accessories. $699.00. Stron and works well. They have tire carrier hardware as well as shovel/Hi-Lift mounting brackets.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Woah whats up with Frank is he always that friendly?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:06 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Man:
Woah whats up with Frank is he always that friendly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, there are tons of "super friendly" folks on this forum. DRTY will call you a fag, PARAGON will call you ****ing stupid, and I'm sure I've left out some others who have great personalities....
Old 06-13-2005, 02:10 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

Does anyone know of a "cheap" roof rack ? The ones i've seen are around $2000. I didnt know i was this cheap , but that seems like alot. I only need it for a one week expedition. Thanks , need one before July 15th. THanks Doug </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might go to the hardware store and buy what is called "spring steel." I used pieces to fabricate a mounting system for my old Land Crusher....