H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I nead over near the dash that is only powered when trucks running or key foward. To run to my relay for my fridge.I have it hooked up to a rap circut now and its powered also on accessory.I would like to only have the fridge on when truck is running to lessen the drain on battery when the key is in the accessory position.

Im leaving for upstate this afternoon Ill check back on sunday night/monday.Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a good trip 442! I am sure Fstop will have your question answered before you return!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 02-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tap into the ignition wire

white/green to dk. blue in ign harness
Old 02-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by deicustoms:

That will work,
Old 02-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Hummer Guru

Originally posted by deicustoms:

I just got back from upstate and took a quick look under dash.
Where exactly do I pick up that wire white/green "to dark blue" ?
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Hummer Guru

At the base of the steering column is a 22 pin connector. The wires coming from the ignition switch will be white/green, the wires going to the BCM will be dark blue, they will be located in terminal A2.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Hummer Guru

Thanks once again.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop
Hummer Authority

Posted Feb 26, 7:48 PM
At the base of the steering column is a 22 pin connector. The wires coming from the ignition switch will be white/green, the wires going to the BCM will be dark blue, they will be located in terminal A2.

"And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free"

Birch White, Luxury, Off-Road, Chrome Appearance Packages, Frt Brush Guard, Mud Flaps, XM, Sunroof, Trailering Equipment, MP3 Radio, Engine Block Heater, HUMMER Polished Inserts, Seat Control Brushed Inserts, Muth Sideview Turn Signal Mirrors...Soon to come

I just got around to change the wire for the fridge.

I must be a idiot I cant see a green/white wire.I do have some other wires and stuff from aftermarket auto start and radio ect.I dont want to be pulling down/yanking the wires around too much?

I thought maybee theres a key foward wire to tap into to run relay that powers the heat fan .It doesnt work off the RAP ,it shuts off with the ignition.

My question is what wire do I use on the heat fan(any of the heat function buttons)that will be a live positive (key foward) to use to power relay?
Old 03-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not green/yellow its...

white/green to dk. blue

And it's like right under the steering column, thin gauge wires. Follow from the key, under the steering column and you can't miss it.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Sorry I just edited that. I mean green/white thats what I had checked I could'nt see it.
wondering about wire on fan.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Hummer Guru

I just went out to look again the wires from key go down and to the other side of column than a harness comes down.it seems my installer taped up all those wires.Im not sure if i want to undo ?
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Hummer Guru

another pic
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Per the schematics, the connector should be light gray, but there could have been a change in color after the schematics were published (not unusual).
The brown wire that connects to the blower motor is hot in start and accessory.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Hummer Guru

I tryed the wires for the heater(I used test light. they have power with key in run position but...on the brown one when you hit #2 blower speed it shuts off, none work with all heat settings so that wont work.

Anyway I untaped the wires taped up by installer and found that green/white wire(Duh it was right there but I couldnt see it without removing tape) so I hooked up a wire to relay and fridge only runs when key is in foward run position.This way it wont be as much a strain on the battery when using the dvd with truck off in accessory position.I mostly need fridge for day trips or weekend trips so It should keep beverages cool when needed.

Thanks for all the help
Old 03-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Hummer Guru

The brown wire should stay hot at all times when the ignition is in run or acc, it is the only power feed to the blower...very strange that it cuts out. However, you can also tap into the brown wire into terminal B of the HVAC head.

So, that connector is really blue and not light gray as shown in the schematics. I'll let the schematic guys know, if they don't already know of the change.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Hummer Guru

F5 I only tried to tap into blower switch (brown wire I tried them all) it did not work I did not check brown wire to blower because you said it was run/acc and I only needed run.

The ignition green/white worked great taped in to it were installer taped in for remote start.Alls working properly. Thanks again F5

Also thanks deicustoms