H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 100 mph club

http://newsroom.progressive.com/2007...-mich-ore.aspx
Old 02-09-2009, 04:11 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know how Progressive is in Michigan and Oregon but as a bodyshop owner in NC, Progressive sucks.

I base that on how insurance companies settle claims. Rates, times, new parts, used parts, aftermarket, etc, etc.

It seems that almost all customers love their agents.... of course, after you put their kids through college, most agents will kiss your azz.

Unfortunately, the rules that the field adjusters have to follow are what makes an insurance company suck.

Anyway, off the rant....

Question about your tripsense. It said "Drivers in the program can view their driving data before choosing to share it with Progressive, and no matter what the data show, the customers' premium will not go up as a result."

So I guess it doesn't matter if you do 100??

Sounds like the program may save you money though.

Mark
Old 02-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_h2
almost.....didn't want risk it

Oh you were so close too.

Well there is next time I guess.
~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 02-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Hummer Expert

[quote='[__--MUD--__]']I logged 103 in the Progressive Trip sence data logger in my h2 before Gotta remember to unplug that damn thing when I'm on the highway...

That almost sounds like something you would have to add if you had teenage kids.

Either way I would not want it since it sounds a little too much like a Big Brother Black Box type of thing to me.
~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 02-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Yea..I'm not to big on being "monitored"...but it negated the effects of a couple speeding tickets the wife got. Also I live right next door to where I work, so my low mileage helps on the rates also.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I don't know how Progressive is in Michigan and Oregon but as a bodyshop owner in NC, Progressive sucks.

I base that on how insurance companies settle claims. Rates, times, new parts, used parts, aftermarket, etc, etc.
Based on that criteria, how would you rate Geico?
My 6mo. premium for 5 vehicles with Geico is about $900 (only two of them get full collision and comprehensive). I just checked with Progressive to see if I could save some bucks... nada, Progressive wanted $1350 for the same coverage. Go figure!
'05 H2 Lux, 37" KM2's on 17" Hutchinson Double Beadlocks, Cognito UCA's, Cognito Sway Bar Links, Custom Hydro-Assist Steering Upgrade, Eaton Front Differential Locker, 1" Rear Coil Spacers, Chevy Green Key Torsion Bar "Lift," Bilstein Shocks, Warn 9.5ti Multimount Winch, Dual Optima Yellow Top Battery's, Piaa & Hella Off-road lights, Gobi Rack, Tru-cool External Transmission Oil Cooler, Diablo Predator Hi-Octane Tune.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Hummer Expert

We used to have Progressive but we switched to a local company that keep going up and switched to Geiko.
I called the other day and changed our milage to a lower yearly amount since we share the 2 cars more and saved $180.00 a year and addded full coverage to both the HUMMER and my Firebid.
Progressive could not even get close to the old amount not to mention the $200 savings.
~Richard

Last edited by Rico001 : 02-15-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:03 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitUp
Based on that criteria, how would you rate Geico?
My 6mo. premium for 5 vehicles with Geico is about $900 (only two of them get full collision and comprehensive). I just checked with Progressive to see if I could save some bucks...

Geico sucks also. Let me tell you how they save you 15%. Here's an example. Almost 99% of all insurance companies pay 42 or 44 per labor hour. Their material allowance is 26-28 per paint hour.

Geico pays 40 dollars an hour and 24 per paint hour for materials.

And it's not just money. My basis on insurance companies is how the adjusters write up the claim.

What I mean is over the last 26 years I've been in the bodyshop business, I have heard from customers how great their insurance company is.

The problem is that they are excited because they like their agent. The agents are nice to customers, why shouldn't they be? I mean, afterall, if you've been with the same agent, you've probably put his kids through college.

There is no perfect insurance company but I'm looking for an insurance company that will put my car back to the way it was pre-accident.

Nationwide is one of the worst. Unless you have their "platinum" insurance (which is few and far between... I have yet to see it in 26 years) Nationwide will put aftermarket parts or used parts on a BRAND NEW car. That's ridiculous.

Last year, I had a Honda Accord towed in. It was rear-ended by someone who had Nationwide as their insurance carrier.

The car had 400 miles on it. In my opinion, that is a brand new car.

But because aftermarket was available for that model, Nationwide put on aftermarket rear bumper, taillights, decklid, front bumper, hood and fenders (the car had been pushed into another car)

I argued with Nationwide for over a week. When that didn't work, I called the customer. They argued with Nationwide for a week. Then the lady got an attorney and the attorney argued for almost 3 weeks.

Nationwide would not budge. They told the lady that she should turn it in on her own insurance and they could subrogate Nationwide.

The only way I could get around it is I lied to the insurance company. I told them that the car was an "SE" and the parts were not the same. Ridiculous and a lie, I know but....

Point is, the "policies" that the adjusters have to follow in order to repair your car is how I judge that insurance company.

Even my own insurance company, State Farm has adopted a policy that I don't like.

Here's an example. Let's say you get in a wreck and you have to have a fender replaced. The logical thing to do is blend the door. Makes sense and most insurance companies don't have a problem with it.

However, State Farm has adopted a policy that if the door has so much as a minor, light scratch in it, they won't pay to blend that panel.

Their logic is the door had to be repaired anyways to make it right so why should they have to pay to blend.

My .02 worth....

Mark
Old 02-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Being ex military I've been with USAA insurance for 49 years. I think now they insure non officers and relatives of military families. I've been extremely satisfied with them and I don't think you can beat their rates and reputation. On a 2008 H2 I'm paying $526 a year with 500 deductible. My wife's speeding ticket (58 in a 40) in the Hummer had no affect on our rates.... myabe if it was 100 mph it would..

Last edited by HummerJim : 02-15-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Mark,

I have been with Farm Bureau Insurance for 30 years. I first started due to me being a farmer but, as years passed they opened up membership to all which is $35.00 a year which actually goes right to the office you are with to further lobbying in local arena for farm families etc.

I have tried almost every year to search for better service first as this is worth more than what some actual premium savings may be.

Farm Bureau even back in the beginning when I had terrible accidents then others over the 30 years have never raised prem. or dropped me. Prem. went up as daughter money magnets each joined the policy but, just normal stuff.

I have always covered home down to 4 wheelers, laptops, and cell phones literally everything and that of course lowers premium along with long time loyality has helped me.

They took my youngest girl and husband when he had horrible driving record that he did not reveal to her until after wedding because he knew she would have put it off for another 6 months to see if any other secrets popped up. Anyway they made the cycle of going to all the ones mentioned in this post and I kept telling them to go see my agent. They were afraid that with Farm Bureau of Arkansas being such a well run company they just figured they could not get help. They got surprised with more coverage for less money.

Keep in mind each state is run seperately and I have heard of some states that were not great but, national company tries to reign them in.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Almost! I took this pic at the Bonneville Salt Flats last month. It was cold and wet, but no wind. We couldn't get on to "the salt flats" because they were covered in about .5 inch of fresh rain/snow, so we just raced up and down the road you see there on the map. My H2 is a 2005 SUV and my sisters is a 2008 SUT. I'm not sure how fast she went but it wasn't much faster than 100 or so.
Attached Images

Last edited by ROX : 02-17-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

2of4 is off the scale

My GPS said 101 mph that day Rox and I were at the Salt Flats. YeeHAA
Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Hummer Professional

Goalkeeper has a little shameless behaviour in the past

USAA rocks! They'll give you a discount if you drive X amount of miles/year and deem it as Recreational Use!

Also, I was riding with my buddy Joe (Isuzu) and we hit > 330 miles per hour!! Albeit downhill (during a hurricane)! ;-o

-Matt
01 - Ducati 748 Bip, Yellow- Giddy Up!!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

ATRH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Name:  IMG_0779.JPG
Views: 463
Size:  33.8 KB
Old 02-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRH2

Can't read it!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rene S. Nielsen is off the scale

My speed limiter kicks in at 100 mph.

Anyone know how to remove this using the tec-2

Rene

PS. The engine light is because my CAT is missing. I runs so much better without it.
Attached Images