H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-20-2005, 11:06 AM

HummerB is off the scale

How did you wire the PIAA's that is the same setup i am planning on running. Curious of how to breach the firewall etc. are the plugs already wired for the switch and if that is the case, can i locate the wires in the fuse box under the hood??

'06 hummer h3, Birch wht., ANTI-BLING, auto. lux package, black interior, Monsoon, SMA B&B exhaust, OEM mili style side steps, OEM brush guard, Front letter inserts, RW locking fuel door, Valentine One.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:06 AM

HummerB is off the scale

How did you wire the PIAA's that is the same setup i am planning on running. Curious of how to breach the firewall etc. are the plugs already wired for the switch and if that is the case, can i locate the wires in the fuse box under the hood??

'06 hummer h3, Birch wht., ANTI-BLING, auto. lux package, black interior, Monsoon, SMA B&B exhaust, OEM mili style side steps, OEM brush guard, Front letter inserts, RW locking fuel door, Valentine One.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:40 PM

crop000s is off the scale

PIAA lights come with relay, harness and switch.
Relay needs ground and hot from battery. Switch needs 12v ignition hot. Mounted relays between battery and fire wall( see GOBI Rack in photo section) ran light harness up drivers side post to rack under plastic cover. If you look in drivers side door jam you will see a rubber grommet, ran switch harness from relay through this and under the dash. Mounted switches with double sided velcro where stock light switshes would be. I'm in the process of making a mounting bracket that goes through stock switch holes and holds switches. 12v ignition hot for switches I picked up from rear wiper harness. If you need anything else just holler.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:17 PM

HummerB is off the scale

CROP000S:

I AM PLANNING ON MOUNTING THE LIGHTS ON THE BRUSGUARD, SO WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO ROUTE THE WIRING FROM SWITH-> TO RELAY-> THROUGH FIREWALL-> TO PIAA'S.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:58 PM

HummerB is off the scale

sorry for the all caps. forgot they were on. i use caps all day at work.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:05 PM

IMO, you could go from your lights on the grill guard, under grill, behind fuse box and battery along driver side fender,this is where I mounted my relays. Then pull the air breather cap off, just pull it up with alittle force, being careful not to hit your hood, once at that point you can run wire down through fender. Go around to open drivers side door and you can see them through the jam, then run through rubber wring gromment, under dash to switch location. You can remove center console by pulling outwards.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:00 PM

HummerB is off the scale

thanks a lot crop000s

i think that is a plan
Old 12-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

sorry for the bad picture - this is where I put my holes for my PIAA lights and stereo. This is on the drivers side of the car. I think it is right next to the speedometer cable.

Old 12-22-2005, 11:09 AM

HummerB is off the scale

Well my PIA's came last night, but the light tabs are running late. So i wired everything and zipped tied everything off. everything looks clean and ready to connect the lights hopefully the tabs will come today and i can take some pics.

Thanks for the advice all.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:07 AM

HummerB is off the scale

well i mounted the lights.....look nice and function really nicely...........cant figure out how to post pics.........they are in JPG format.........any suggestions?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:59 AM

You can post jpg, just go to the photo section and post as many as you want. Besure to reduce size if needed.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:06 AM

HummerB is off the scale

man i hate to sound comp. illiterate cuz i hate that **** but i need some instructions. when i try to add the attachments it is too large. damnit i should know how to do this by now. by bust, thanks for the help.

B
Old 12-24-2005, 01:43 PM

To resize a picture all software is different, it just depends on what you have. I use paint shop pro 8. It is easy with that, you can just click resize and pick what size you want.