H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-18-2004, 10:47 PM

C5A4 is off the scale

I just ordered the Magnaflow cat back system and the AFE intake. I know the intake I can install but is the exhaust something I can do on my back under the truck? It says it uses the factory hangers and bolts. I don't have any jack stands but I have a sawzall to cut the factory pipe out if I have too. What would the cost be about if I had to take and have it installed?

C5A4 is off the scale

I just ordered the Magnaflow cat back system and the AFE intake. I know the intake I can install but is the exhaust something I can do on my back under the truck? It says it uses the factory hangers and bolts. I don't have any jack stands but I have a sawzall to cut the factory pipe out if I have too. What would the cost be about if I had to take and have it installed?

C5A4 is off the scale

Old 06-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

Once installed, please post a review. I've contemplated the Corsa but the dealer wants $1,100 installed. Where did you get the Magna Flow and how much? I have air ride also.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 06-18-2004, 11:26 PM

C5A4 is off the scale

I bought it on Ebay with the AFE stainless cold air intake for $508.00 shipped. The seller and Magnaflow both told me that it would work with the factory air ride suspension. It is scheduled for Tuesday delivery. I will post my review after I install them.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

discofever is off the scale

I purchased my Corsa exhaust directly from Corsa. My local Chevorlet dealer (non Hummer dealer)installed it. The dealer charge me one hour of labor for the install. Well worth it.
Old 06-19-2004, 05:17 PM

barbender is off the scale

C5- Let us know how your exhaust and AFE work out performance wise. I am considering the same add-ons along with the thottle body spacer. Peter in service at Hummer Orlando said he has a customer that got great performance results from the spacer.
Jim (Longwood FL)
Old 06-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Blue is off the scale

C5A4,
If you enjoy working with your hands it's easy to install, but you'll probably need another person to help hold the old exhaust in place while you cut the rear pipe just inside the rear axle. Also, you really don't need to lift the vehile, but it would be easier if it was on the lift. It should take about an hour or two to finish the install. Also, I'm curious to know if the throttle body made any difference in mileage or performance? All the comments I get is not a bit of difference.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:55 PM

C5A4 is off the scale

Barbender- I see you are in longwood right by me. After I have everything installed and you want to get together so you can hear and see in person is fine. Peter is my service man over at the Hummer dealership also, man is he a busy guy there. I haven't seen the throttle spacer before, I might have to order that when I put my intake on. I will post my opinions asap.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:09 PM

C5A4 is off the scale

Well I went and paid $70 to have the exhaust installed, that way I have my old one still in case I want to go back. I had the exhaust on first and really didn't notice any performance gains other than the nice sound. The sound is loud when taking off but at cruise speed its a nice low rumble. I think its a little louder than I was wanting. It does look nice comming out the back with the dual tips. I then installed the AFE intake and that seemed to give the performance gain. Or the two working together I'm sure. The thing I need now is the programer. I think I will be getting the Predator.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

GONEGOLFING is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey congrats on the new exhaust. If you could post some pics and maybe I sound bite that would rock! Do you have the air suspension?
Old 06-29-2004, 12:24 AM

C5A4 is off the scale

Sure, I never posted any pics before. Do I need to upload them to another site first, or do you just cut in past here? Yes I do have the air suspension. I ended up ordering the Predator programer today and will be getting it tomorrow. The bad thing is I just filled up with regular unleaded today and now have to wait til I fill up with premium to program.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Blue is off the scale

Why do you have to wait to fill up with Premium inorder to program your chip? What year is your vehicle? Preditor hasn't released a programmer for the 2004 H2.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:49 PM

C5A4 is off the scale

Mine is a 03. In the manual it says "The H2 Predator tune requires the use of mid/premium grade unleaded fuel. Diablosport recomends Mobile, Amoco and Sunoco brands." I was just going on want was in the manual, if it is ok to tune on regular I will.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C5A4:
Do I need to upload them to another site first, or do you just cut in past here?. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can post pics 2 ways:

#1 - Click the Paperclip icon and browse to the pic's location on your hard drive. It will automatically attach & upload the pic.

#2 - Click the Image icon and enter a URL that points to the location of the pic on the internet.