H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 03-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Service department needs people skills!!!

Ok.....this is the 3rd time hy H3 has been in for a problem with distortion of the door chime in the drivers side door. The first time I took it in the service guy looked at me like I had 3 heads, and I had to explain the problem 3 times and he STILL didn't get it. I handed him the keys and told him to get in the car and put the key in. Viola!! He heard the problem. - Told me it was probably a loose wire.

Got the car back the next day....it was ok for a few days, and the distortion was back.

Called them back to have it looked at again, and have the cracked roof rails replaced. They told me the distortion was some how connected to the radio. ???? They told me they replaced the radio - although it didn't look like they did.....and the distortion was back again a few days later.
I wonder who actually did get that new radio, cause I know it wasn't me! (Roof rails looked good though)

Since the roof rails were replaced, the A pillar plastic has been rattling so badly on the highway, it sounds like they're going to go flying off the car. The headliner was also making these cracking noises all of a sudden too. All since the roof rails were changed out.

Called again to get it in for the door chime, A pillars and headliner.

Dropped the car off last night and the service arse says to me, "It IS a truck...it IS going to rattle.....it's NOT a luxury vehicle.....if you wanted luxury you should've spent the extra $25K and gotten the H2."

It took everything out of me not to jump over the counter and biotch-slap him!

So just because I ONLY spent $35K on the vehicle I should just deal with it sounding like it's falling apart??????

Gotta love the customer service at these dealerships!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale
Default Re: Service department needs people skills!!!

Zero customer service. I hate them.

2.5 hours for an oil change. When I asked why, they said it was because they had to replace the battery. Only thing they did was carry the battery and put it (still in the package) inside the trunk.

I love the H3 but do not have time for their ignorance and unprofessionalism. I will leave GM soon and unfortunately the H3 also.

Don't get me started on the survey cards. This is what the guy told me, "they don't even look at them if they are not all 5's" 5 being the highest.

Don't get me started on the loaner car issue.
Don't get me started on the scratches on the radio.

This is just not one dealership but 4 seperate GM dealerships. I have had issues with VW dealerships and even one of the local BMW's. GM is by far the worse when it comes to the Service Department.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3 Hummer 64 is off the scale

I too noticed the "crackling" in the headliner. It didn't do it when I first got the truck but it seemed to start after my roof rails were replace. If you find out what it is please share. Could the roof rails be too tight or too loose?
Old 03-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Hummer Authority

I will absolutely post what the fix is for the cracking noise in the headliner.....assuming they fix it!

The service guy's comment was - "It's probably due to the change in temperature outside. It does things to the plastic."

We went from weather in the 30's-40's to 60's-70's within days here in Chicago. Geez, I hope I don't have to listen to these creaks and cracks everytime the weather changes!
Old 03-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

I'm actually in the NW burbs of Chicago. I was thinking it had to do with the cold but then it was still making the noise yesterday and it was 73. What dealer have you been going to that you've been getting poor service?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Hummer Authority

The problem dealership is Rizza Hummer in Tinley. They suck!

We didn't buy the car from there because of the horror stories we had heard. When we were looking to buy, Rizza only had 4 H3's available....so we ended up buying at Naperville Hummer where they had over 30 to choose from.

The only reason I took it to Rizza for service is because I can get there in 20 minutes....whereas it takes almost an hour to get out to Naperville.

This is Rizza's last crack at it. I won't ever take it back there if they don't get it right this time. The only positive thing I can say is that they've gotten me a rental every time it has been in for service.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

I bought mine at Naperville and been going there for service. So far Naperville has been great. Lucky for me I can get there in 10 min. Please keep me updated. Thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Hummer Authority

Will do! As soon as I get it back I'll let you know what their "fix" was....and if it worked!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, i live in chicago and the only dealership i have been to so far is Woodfield Hummer. Their sales staff is pretty nice and so are the techs, but they dont always fix everything they are told to, could be because i go in with whole lists, because its a bit far i wait till i have enough stuff going wrong.

Even though they dont always get everything rite the first time, they dont give me BS like what some of you guys are saying. They do get it rite the second time around.

So if your close you might wana check them out too. The service guy seems pretty reasonable, but he did give me a lilttle BS last time, i just laughed and he kinda got the point.

anyway good luck, and its gona get cold again so get ready for all kinds of noises.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Hummer Authority

Unfortunately, Woodfield is further away from me than Naperville. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I'm shocked that I haven't heard back from Rizza today. It's nearing the end of the work day and I haven't even so much as gotten a phone call from them. Of course, what do I care - I'm driving a rental on their dime.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Hummer Authority

The saga continues.....

It got to be after 4 o'clock and I still hadn't heard back from the dealership, so I called them. Again - poor customer service!

Anyway, the service guy tells me he had to order parts, so the car won't be ready till some time tomorrow. They did, however, supposedly fix the headliner issue. He says the noise was some how connected to the seat belt retractor. ??? Ummmmmm, I'm no expert - but I don't think the seat belts retract into the roof of the car, do they??

Sounds like I'm either going to have to take it to another dealership or live with the cracking noise.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

zx1100 is on a distinguished road

I purchased mine at Naperville and was treated very well. I initially visited Woodfield but they didn't have what I wanted. I would recommend either one to buy from.

Haven't had to deal with either yet for service but only time will tell.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

If any of you guys in the Chicago area want to come down to NW Indiana I'll do my best to give you great service and fix your truck for you the first time. I'm a service advisor at Schepel Cadillac Hummer in Merrillville. We have 3 World Class GM Certified trained technicians. These guys know Hummers.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E
If any of you guys in the Chicago area want to come down to NW Indiana I'll do my best to give you great service and fix your truck for you the first time. I'm a service advisor at Schepel Cadillac Hummer in Merrillville. We have 3 World Class GM Certified trained technicians. These guys know Hummers.

I may take you up on that in the near future. also i've been thinking about joining your club, but dont have the time now, so im hoping in the summer or fall. How many offroad trips do you guys do per year? thanks!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:30 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E

I will definitely take you up on that if it's not fixed this time!
Thanks!!
Old 05-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a website to go to that lists dealerships, top to bottom, with ratings?

The only Hummer dealership in KC sucks!

Bill