H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Elcova Rookie

kk07h3 is on a distinguished road
Default Rocky Road Supersliders

Hello. I am new to the H3 and this Forum. I have been a jeeper for years and do have alot of offroad experience. I would like some input if anyone has installed the Rocky Road Super Sliders. Any pictures would be great.
Thanks, kk07h3
Old 10-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rocky Road Supersliders

Welcome to the forum!!

Where in Washington are you?

The search tool works really well on this forum.

These are some threads about rock rails

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=19558

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ght=rocky+road

Hope these help. These rails are nice because they offer a little more protection while also providing a step for roof access.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Elcova Rookie

kk07h3 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pics H3slate. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I think I will go with them. I wasn't sure how far they stuck out. My home is in Eastern Wa. near Walla Walla but I am working in Tacoma right now.
Thanks again.
kk07he
Old 10-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

They stick out just far enough you can use them as a step to get to the roof if you want to. This winter I'll find out how much snow they accumulate. Last winter I had the nerf bars and they always seemed to have snow on them.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the board! I'm in the tri-cities... I have the sliders for the H2...if you want to get an idea of what they look like..

'03 H2
Old 10-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

6pack is an unknown quantity at this point

I have these sliders also. I'm pleased with them. They came a little banged up, that kind of sucked. They weren't very apologetic about it either. I'd buy them again though.
2007 H3 Lux/Adv 5 speed, Gibson Extreme Duals cat-back, K&N FIPK, PCMforless tune, SAW torsion bars, Samco Shackles, Fox Racing shocks, Trail Duty Bump Stops, 35" ProComp Xterrain tires w/Tactical Rims, Gobi Stealth Rack
Old 10-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

yat74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Rocky Road Supersliders

I have them too, yes sometimes they come shipped a little banged up but they are rock sliders they will eventually get dinged so no biggy. i love them and they have saved me plenty of times on the trails.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road

Do they come banged from the factory, or is it shipping damage? Although sliders are supposed to get scratches and dings, I still would've prefered to inflict such a damage myself. Just curious how the damage happened..

I ordered OEM sliders last week, they should be here in a few days hopefully, can't wait to install them.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

yat74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Rocky Road Supersliders

In my case it was mostly small imperfections or chips in the powder coat, probably due to the poor shipping container. They only used a ton of seran wrap and foam pads, no box, wrapped together . They are guaranteed not to bend for life, for the money and application you can't beat the price considering everything else aftermarket/OEM for Hummers is sooooooooo overpriced.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by yat74
In my case it was mostly small imperfections or chips in the powder coat, probably due to the poor shipping container. They only used a ton of seran wrap and foam pads, no box, wrapped together . They are guaranteed not to bend for life, for the money and application you can't beat the price considering everything else aftermarket/OEM for Hummers is sooooooooo overpriced.

OK, so it sounds like superficial scratches only... nothing serious then.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

6pack is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, they were superficial, but the bad ones were clearly done at the factory where they were made. The packing was the foam and saran wrap as yat74 said, but mine were heavily wrapped. There were a few chips that I guess could have happened during shipping, from banging against something, but both ends looked like the were being carried and were dropped on a concrete floor and scrapped along while walking. That's what ticked me off. It was clearly just the builder being clumsy and careless. All they had to do was offer me a t-shirt or something and I would have walked away happy. Just bad service. But, like I said, I'd still buy them again. So I guess the jokes on me.
2007 H3 Lux/Adv 5 speed, Gibson Extreme Duals cat-back, K&N FIPK, PCMforless tune, SAW torsion bars, Samco Shackles, Fox Racing shocks, Trail Duty Bump Stops, 35" ProComp Xterrain tires w/Tactical Rims, Gobi Stealth Rack
Old 10-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack
Yes, they were superficial, but the bad ones were clearly done at the factory where they were made. The packing was the foam and saran wrap as yat74 said, but mine were heavily wrapped. There were a few chips that I guess could have happened during shipping, from banging against something, but both ends looked like the were being carried and were dropped on a concrete floor and scrapped along while walking. That's what ticked me off. It was clearly just the builder being clumsy and careless. All they had to do was offer me a t-shirt or something and I would have walked away happy. Just bad service. But, like I said, I'd still buy them again. So I guess the jokes on me.

..it's not very cool that manufacturer ships out stuff in less-then-perfect shape, no matter if it is only cosmetic flaw. I think it's your right to do the damage yourself, not have it dented from the factory already. I'm glad that I went with OEM's; they were blemish free, perfectly packaged in the huge carton. I used the carton to store the chrome nerf bars (will come handy when selling the truck, since most "non-elcova" people do like chrome a lot..)
Old 12-08-2009, 03:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

zacknolden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserth3
They stick out just far enough you can use them as a step to get to the roof if you want to. This winter I'll find out how much snow they accumulate. Last winter I had the Iron Cross Nerf Bars and they always seemed to have snow on them.

I have the same issue like you do. Today, I might just let the christmas season pass to avoid some flaws on my new nerf bars.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Hummer Novice

tnd2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92270
..it's not very cool that manufacturer ships out stuff in less-then-perfect shape, no matter if it is only cosmetic flaw. I think it's your right to do the damage yourself, not have it dented from the factory already.

Mine just had some of the black paint scratched off, so I had them Line-X'ed and it gives them a little grip when using them as steps. The pics shows them not level with the body but it's just an illusion.

The best part is if somebody in a car flings their door open it'll hit the rail instead of the truck.