H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 06-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

bennersj is on a distinguished road
Default Shocks

I'll start by saying yes I did use the search function.
I'm looking to do extended shackles in the back of my 3 and I found allot of links on here with useful information and manufacturer links. I am also going to do the reindexed keys in the front, I have already cranked my bars but want to put the ready lift kit in. My question is who and where can I find a good set of rear shocks with the extra travel. I know Fox makes them but don't want to spend that much $ on them. I have seen the Cognitos for the front but what is everybody running on the back. I also did find and read the thread about the Truxx kit and the issues another member had with it, so again yes I did use the search function. Thanks
Old 06-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shocks

This should be what you are looking for. For extended rear travel Sewie used a set of blistein shocks.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=28707

My thoughts on the front end (from what i have read) is to use the cognito shocks, and get the sway-away torsion bars with a higher spring rate. You would do this instead of putting on the re-indexed keys.

http://www.samcofabrication.com/products/product_info.php?products_id=53&osCsid=08df759e9af 0409c003f857c7471da5d

Good luck!!

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 07-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shocks

ive been looking at the cognitos for the front myself now that my originals are getting close to needing replacement, but I just thought id add this.
I put the Truxx kit on my ride and have had absolutely no troubles with it as of yet. I have read the horror story myself, but Ive put just under 40,000 miles on my rig with it and have had no issues. My 3 has been (east-west) from Little rock Arkansas to the outer banks of NC and (north-south) from Liousville kentucky to Key west Florida and on top of that I build golf courses for a living. And although im not rock crawling and going through Moab everyday, I am off road everyday. I only have one set of tires and they are 315/75 toyo mts and I love the set up. I get more compliments than ever now, and even had a guy in a 08 Rubicon circle the gas station two weeks ago just to ask me about it. I dont know if there is a difference in having the kit or just cranking the bars becuase they seem to theoretically do the exact same thing. At the time I wanted bigger tires and more clearance and I just couldnt see throwing away a perfectly good set of shocks. But the truxx kit has served me well thus far.
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it