H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rear Brake/Axle Groan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
Does it sound like the video / sound file I listed on this thread?

The one sound where is rite before the truck stops sounds like the sound files, except alot quieter.

Then rite as the rear end drops there is another sound, kinda ratchety and also not too lound. i have the same sound also when shifting into drive or reverse. That seems like its also coming from the back.

The second sound im talking about is really amplified when in a parking garage, sounds 10 times louder.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
The one sound where is rite before the truck stops sounds like the sound files, except alot quieter.

Then rite as the rear end drops there is another sound, kinda ratchety and also not too lound. i have the same sound also when shifting into drive or reverse. That seems like its also coming from the back.

The second sound im talking about is really amplified when in a parking garage, sounds 10 times louder.

Did you look at your rear suspension shocks leafs ect.

Otherwise it could be the brakes.
The dealer said my noise is comming from the brakes... But what do they know.I think its the brakes because it stoped after they cut rotors and put on new pads ,6,000 miles and noise is back

Bring it in to your dealer maybe some teck is sharp and will figure it out?.

My dealer says theres no fix its normal,
Im still trying to get appt with a field rep(2 weeks nothing).
I might call hummer assistance friday or monday.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.

Last edited by fourfourto : 11-01-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Hummer Guru

Well I just called the dealer ..again
He said the rep still didnt get back to him about my problem.
The service rep did say he spoke to field rep last week when he saw him at the dealer. The field rep said he would get back to serv rep and he still didnt at this time.

I dont understand he talked to him at the dealer.

I just called hummer consumers relations at 1 866 486 6376

I got a file # and was told I would hear from a manager within 2 days.

So I will see what happens again
Hopefully something will come of this.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Geeeez, fourfourto. Why was the field rep out at the dealer and didn't set up an appointment to see yours? And, why did your dealer say last week that he thought the field rep was on vacation? I got the same runaround. The field rep just happened to see mine while checking out another H3 .. and they never called me. I am MORE than curious to hear what GM Customer Service will tell you in two days. I called 866-790-5700. You have a different # for them? If the first level person at Customer Service can't seem to help you, tell him/her you'd like to 'escalate' your case to the next level up. The next person above him/her has more authority. But, you have to get through the first person first. Good luck and PLEASE post any progression!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Hummer Guru

Im not holding my breath

The # I used was listed here by F5 they probobly go to the same location.

The phone rep said thank you for calling cadillac I said its a hummer she said sorry thanks for calling hummer
Old 11-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Hummer Guru

The hummer cust service manager called me today said she tryed contacting the dealer and service manager was not in.? She said all they could do is call the dealer ,she has no contact with the fields reps.They said they will confirm with the dealer about a field rep looking at the problem.

She said in this area they might only come once a month?.
I told her serv rep seen him last week still no apointment,the dealer been trying to contact him for over 3 weeks.

Anyway she said she would call me next week and theres a record of the problem.

yadda yadda yadda GRrrr Grrr gr
Old 11-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Hummer Guru

The first GM Customer Service person can only check with the dealer Service Manager to see what has been done, and, hear his opinion. He/she can 'ask' if the GM field rep has been contacted, because the customer (you) is requesting it. That's all they can do, according to the gal I had on the first call. She told me if I couldn't find satisfaction at her level, then I could escalate to the next level. I had already done so much on my own prior to contacting GM, that all she was doing was what I had done in the very beginning. The next person will go by what the field rep suggests ..no matter what. They consider the field rep as the field 'expert' and they don't question his expertise. This is what I was told by the 2nd level GM Customer Service rep. As you know, I had told you this ad nauseum already. But, my outcome was ..."Normal for H3's". So , I went to another dealer. BUT, it seems that after all of that, a few more H3's went in with my same problem and they were taken care of. I'm just waiting on my groan to get back to the way it was before I go back in again. Plus, I'm waiting on my top windshield moulding to come in. Keep posting, fourfourto.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Hummer Guru

Heasr anything yet, fourfourto?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Hummer Guru

Just sitting here waiting by the phone

The customer service lady said she would call on monday..
Isnt today monday no surprise

I think ill wait till friday then call the dealer.

If I here from them before then I will get a surprise
Old 11-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Just sitting here waiting by the phone

The customer service lady said she would call on monday..
Isnt today monday no surprise

I think ill wait till friday then call the dealer.

If I here from them before then I will get a surprise

Geeez ... it's Thursday. No call yet? Bummer. Is the graon about the same as your audio clip, or has it gotten worse?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Hummer Guru

No call yet

My wife told me its been worse the last couple of days,I havent drivin it since sunday and its very noticable.

My wife says its very embarrassing

Help F5 any new info on brakes Im going freakin crazy
Me Wife

MeHummer Rep
Old 11-17-2006, 01:37 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

ff2,

Squeaky whell gets the grease, don't wait for them to call you,

YOU CALL THEM, DAILY!

Old 11-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
ff2,

Squeaky whell gets the grease, don't wait for them to call you,

YOU CALL THEM, DAILY!

That's what I did. I also kept a journal of every conversation I had since day 1 .. their name, the date, the time and what was said. Just keep leaving messages until they call you back.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Hummer Guru

I called the dealer today no one answered so I got back on with the operator ask for lucus they said hes on the other phone and put me on with another service guy ,He took my name and # and said I will get a call back.That was at 3pm no call . I just called and service department is now closed.

I just called the hummer customer relations manager.Susan isnt in today Another person said they did not get a call back from the dealer about my case. I ended up leaving a voice mail for susan,she will be in monday.

I will try the dealer again on monday and also call susan at hummer
Old 11-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:

I just called the hummer customer relations manager.Susan isnt in today Another person said they did not get a call back from the dealer about my case. I ended up leaving a voice mail for susan,she will be in monday.

I will try the dealer again on monday and also call susan at hummer
When I first called GM Customer Service, she told me they give the Hummer dealer 48 hours to respond. She said that I would receive a call back from her (GM) to let me know what the Service Mgr at the dealer told her. That happened on the morning of the third day. I can't believe she kept you hanging that long! They must have some sort of protocol to follow. Don't let up, fourfourto. I was like a pitbull ..lol.. but a nice one. I just wouldn't let up.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:46 AM
Hummer Guru

If They dont set something up in the next week or two Ill have to just bring it in and see what happens.

If They cannot do something by the timeI hit 24,000 miles(im at 21,400)
I will inspect myself(with my brother) when doing my tire rotation at his shop.Maybe We will notice something wrong.But thats 6 to 8 weeks away.

As a last hope I might try switching over to drilled and slotted rotors and either ceramic or organic pads,I was hoping not to do this untill it's out of warranty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AME WA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220049336564&rd=1,1
Or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Hummer-H3-Drilled-Brake-Rotors-NEW-Set-of-4_W0QQitemZ160051956155QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33564QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I got to look into the ceramic pads.

I wish someone would find the fix .

I feel Still love the hummer though

Last edited by fourfourto : 11-18-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Hummer Guru

I just talked to customer relations they said they will replace the pads and rotors. I called the dealer and they need to get a call to confirm ,they did talk to the CR manager at some point already .The original customer relations manager wasnt available to talk to when I called .I left a voice mail for her to call service guy to confirm,and also get back to me .

I wont be able to bring it in till friday dec 1st anyway.

The service guy said the field rep has'nt got back to him yet Its been a month whats his problem

Hmm3 did they ever replace your rotors or were they just cut?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Hmm3 did they ever replace your rotors or were they just cut?

They told me they 'replaced' my brakes. In actuality, I believe they resurfaced the rotors (finding one warped) and replaced all the pads again. This was the second go around. Also, they told me they cut the edges of the pads in a diamond shape (?). They said it would help since I live on a hill and have to brake every so often when going down. It did help a lot.

Are they actually going to REPLACE your rotors, or, just resurface them?? Let me know. I hope you get all new, fourfourto.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Hummer Guru

They will be replacing the pads and rotors, thats what Hummer customer relations said.The dealer said they need a confirmation call from HCR and they will replace both(he checked stock and has the rotors/pads) so I think it will work out .I made a appt for Friday Dec 1st 9am,I told them Ill wait and wont be needing a loaner car.

Lets see what happens ?

Funny how the field rep is still MIA
Old 11-22-2006, 02:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Funny how the field rep is still MIA
Too bizarre.