H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Hummer Novice

spark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Power Stab/Traction failure

I was all packed up ready to head up to the mountains, well I didnt' even make it to the end of my block. All of a sudden the car shut down and I got a Power Stab/Traction Failure. The car would not restart for a few minutes. Finally I pushed it to the curb and tried restarting it several times. Finally it started up but with the service engine lit up. It's Sunday so i'll take it in tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has had the same problem?
I was lucky that I had just come to a stop sign when it happened instead of while on the highway.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Power Stab/Traction failure

Search is your friend.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...t=28268&page=2

Old 09-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Elcova Rookie

bsfh3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Stab/Traction failure

2006 H3. I have been having a problem with lights coming on. I had it towed to the dealer and @11k miles. They replaced the brake switch. The light came on, at 17k, the ebcm needed to be replaced. At 25k miles, another ebcm needed, once again at 29k master was ordered. The dealership closed and I couldn't get the part installed until it happened again at the new dealer. It finally came back on and the dealer said to resurface rotors? I didn't really understand why because I had the brakes done only @10k miles back. I was told we have to follow procedure, and the service advisor told me that they found the brake problem (kinda by accident). Turns out contamination of brake fluid from factory they believe. The brakes lines were bulging, broken inside near connector. Parts have to be located now, I am just mad that I bring it in all the time, on time, for service and concerns. Now they notice this after all this time? I need this posted just to make people aware. Thank goodness nothing happened, I always have my young child in this car. I have been nervous driving it because of the concerns, now I am afraid. I was told all the parts which have plastic on it are getting replaced. Shouldn't everything? Will this totally correct the problem? Please help. Regional manager told me that they have to search for parts because my car is not the only one with this concern!!! Check the brake lines bubbles or bulging for contaminated fluid..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been driving around for 2 years with bad brake fluid from factory..