H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Elcova Newbie

YahoooH3 is on a distinguished road
Default Shimmy?

Hi all ~

I recently purchased my 2006 H3 and so far I am lovin? it, but I had some questions/concerns about some of the things its doing and thought this would be the place to get the answers.

1st is that I notice a slight shimmy in the steering wheel when I reach between 30 and 35 mph but it goes away once I?ve gone beyond 35mph. Do you think it needs an alignment?

2nd the furthest to the left (closest to driver) 4wheel drive button (non-locked) is lit-up I read a post that explains that the button is stuck but does that mean the 4wheel drive is stuck too and I shouldn?t be driving with it like that?

And lastly, I?m not sure how to describe this, but when going down hill, at a good rate of speed (highway driving), I take my foot off the gas and it feels/sounds like a vibration/combustion/exhaust. Does this make any sense?

Anyway? I?m really happy with my H3 and hope none of this is terminal? if you have any input please let me know ~~~ Thanks ~~~
Old 12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shimmy?

for the first one check the alignment deffinately

for the second one I know when I got mine I asked some pretty dumb questions as it turns out and got railed on here for it. I wont do that to you becuase Im not like some of the people on here. Id first suggest you might want to read the manual or do some searches on here. Your H3 is stuck in 4x4!!! But thats how they made it. Its fulltime 4x4 thats why there is no button for 2 wheel drive. And just to help you out in the furture, deffinately read the manual about the button on the far right with the car skidding.
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it
Old 12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Hummer Professional

Ed G. is off the scale
Default Re: Shimmy?

For #1 I'd say a wheel weight may have fallen off. Try having your wheels balanced and getting an alignment if balancing doesn't help.

#2 The very left 4H button should always be on. As cdmintmi said you are always in 4 wheel drive.

#3 Sounds like you might need a tune-up. This can also happen if you are in the wrong gear, say 3rd when you should be in 4th or 5th.

Hope this helps, Ed