H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Elcova Newbie

thack82 is on a distinguished road
Default Guys I Need Help. Input Please!!!

Okay guys I'm new to this Forum and I need your help. I bought my Wife a brand New 2007 Hummer H3 back in 2007 from Bachman Hummer. It's due a new set of tires and I want to put the biggest tires I can fit under it without any rubbing. I'm looking at BF-Goodrich AT's, and Good-Year Dura-Trac's.

I put a set of Hummer H2 Wheels/LT315/70R17 on my 2004 Silverado Straight Cab Duramax. In order to run them I cranked my torsion bars up 1.25 inches. Does the H3 have torsion Bars?

This is our primary vehicle, we usually drive it to Florida (13hrs) at least once a year. I want to make it look beefed up but I don't want to sacrifice reliability and handling characteristics would you guys go with a 285/75/R16, 295/75/R16, or 35X12.50-16's?

What about about the Speedometer/Odometer Calibration, what needs to be done to make it all read properly? Right now I have a Stage II jet Chip but I will sell it if they make a hand held programmer that corrects the ECM when you use oversize tires if I need to.

Please give me some input, I really need to order a set before the week is up.

Thank You,
JCT
Old 08-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guys I Need Help. Input Please!!!

I dont know if you have the adventure package (33 inch duelers 285/75/R16 RH-S)
I just replaced mine at 90,000 miles(not one flat) and they still looked Ok ,they were showing there age with some mild cupping and thread was getting down close to the minimum in a few spots.(I also rotated them every 8 to 10K always at 35 psi)
I also towed a 4,000 lb camper Apx 20,000 miles .

I paid $239.00 each installed( the tire guy couldnt beleve they had 90K on them)

The duelers ride great on the highway and I had no problem with dirt,sand,snow.
I was thinking of getting a more off-road look tire but I would never get 1/2 the miles I got out of the duelers.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

Airman84 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Guys I Need Help. Input Please!!!

I would say install 33 Dura Trac's... great tire, no road noise, and aggresive look. I put a 2 inch lift and 35's on my H3T... also installed 1.5inch wheel spacers to get rid of the tire rub on full turn... also give it an aggresive wide stance.
2009 H3T, 5 Speed, Power Seat, Tow Package, Chrome Package(not by choice!), 2" Suspension Lift, 1" Body Lift, Custom Front Hitch Receiver Setup, Used USAF Aviation Fuel Receptical Mod(pix coming soon!), Off-road OEM Roof Lightbar, Custom made Back Rack, Jenson DVD/NAV/IPOD System, etc.