H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Hummer Novice

dougie is on a distinguished road
Default Front Passenger door electrical

Overnight all the electrical stopped working on the front passenger door on my 2003 H2. All the other doors electrical work fine. The remote lock & unlock does not work. I have checked all the fuses a few times but cannot find a blown fuse. Has anyone any ideas what could be wrong?
Old 06-29-2013, 05:09 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Front Passenger door electrical

That's weird, sounds like something shorted to me and is probably grounding out the power. I would check the power lines to the door and pop off the trim, see if you see any wires touching or exposed that shouldn't be...
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 07-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

jmudler is on a distinguished road

Check the connection to the door lock module (in the door)
Check for broken wires in the door jam.
Did it rain or your door get wet recently?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

accely is on a distinguished road

I'm having the SAME problem but I created it I guess...

I replaced the door handles on the rear doors today - everything went fine, door light works, controls, etc.

Replaced the front driver side door and when I put everything back together the door controls arent working. Heated seat ( plugs into the other controls), remote door lock, remote windows, etc.
I reseated all cables but it didnt fix it.

Next I moved onto the passenger side front door. I kept an eye on the door light and i noticed it went out as soon as I pulled the last cable from the door module ( 4 total cables) and AGAIN after replacing the door handle and putting everything back together the controls did not work in that door now. door lock and windows.Both of the door speakers still work.

I've done some research online and found different solutions such as replacing the modules, but I find it hard to believe both went bad just by unplugging them. Someone also said they replaced the module and it didnt help, but they ended up finding a broken data cable in the door jam... again it seems unlikely that both sides of my H2 just suddenly faulted somehow.

I havent checked fuses yet, not really sure which ones to look at or easily see if some are blown
Old 07-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Well.. I went back out and was going to mess with things again. Not sure what happened but the driver side controls are mostly working now.
WORKING: heated seats, windows (not passenger side), remote locks (driver and passenger dont lock though), memory settings for power seats. power mirror on driver side
NOT WORKING: passenger door controls, passenger power mirror, door light, driver door light

I *think* the only thing that happened was I was in the fuse box next to the driver side door and pushed on some of them to make sure they were secure... after that, that was when most of the driver door controls started working

/shrug
Old 07-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

wow.. ok. My Driver side door is working now!
After a TON of searching GM forums etc I still found no real help. Anyway I took off my driver door mirror to see if I could fix it in terms of being too loose and always moving inward after i would slam my door shut. While I was putting stuff back together I noticed everything was working.. strange.
So I figured there must be a bad connection somewhere, after wiggling some things I found the culprit.. it's the biggest black connector to the DDM.
there are 4 cables:
1 and 2 are for the door mirror, 3 is the big black one, 4 is the smaller black one.
Anyway, the big blackone must have bad connections in that connector (is this considered a relay?) After some more wiggling everything came back on and THANKFULLY i was able to get everything back together and it was stilll working.

So now I'm wondering if I should assume it's going to fail again in the near future and see if I can find a replacement part and rewire it?

thanks all!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

Good news all,

My entire passenger door is working again.

I decided to take off the panel and inspect it further.... I don't know if these steps will help anyone else but we all know it's worth a shot.

1. unplugged everything from the PDM
2. blew into the connectors
3. blew into the PDM where the connectors go
4. plugged in each connector (not sure if order matters). went from right to left, right side being the side with the 2 cables that goto the power door mirror.
5. when I plugged in the last connector the door light came on and i was able to lock the door and control the window again.

Not sure what really is the problem here but I'm just glad I got everything back to normal without spending any money!!