H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Door Removal...Just Curious?

Has anyone figured out a way to easily remove the doors on their H2?

The most attractive thing about the Jeep is the ability to remove the doors...hell, the H2 prototype looked like you'd be able to remove the doors...and the removal of the doors makes it much easier to 'see' where the tires are 'at.'

While I don't think the 'Jeep-method' (external hinges) would work for the production H2 due to lack of proper support, I do think it would be possible for someone to manufacture a replacement hinge that has something like a pop out hinge pin that would allow a semi-quick removal (providing you installed a quick-disconnect for the electrical)...kinda makes me wanna order some OEM hinges and take them to the local machine shop...anyone know the part number off hand?

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this topic...trial and error...anything?

Thanks in advance....

...I'm determined to figure this out. Those doors will be off before I head back out to Moab.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Door Removal...Just Curious?

There is a slight problem in doing this. The jeep with the option to take off the doors does not come with power windows, or locks, it actually has no electrical components in the door at all. Both of which the hummer has. Because there is electrical components within the door you are going to have a difficult time finding an easy, practical, way to remove the doors of e h2 espiaclly if you want to keep all the functions of the door. Anyway best of luck and I hope you figure it out.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 06-30-2010, 02:51 AM
Hummer Authority

...but if you install a quick disconnect plug between the door and the chassis you could pull it off. The only controls on the door are for things that are actually on the door (with the exception on the seat memory) so you'd be losing no real functionality while the doors were off.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

VegasGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer
There is a slight problem in doing this. The jeep with the option to take off the doors does not come with power windows, or locks, it actually has no electrical components in the door at all. Both of which the hummer has. Because there is electrical components within the door you are going to have a difficult time finding an easy, practical, way to remove the doors of e h2 espiaclly if you want to keep all the functions of the door. Anyway best of luck and I hope you figure it out.
Excellent point. And a person may very well find out the on-board computer does not like the lack of feedback due to the electrical components being disconnected and the doors not being closed. I can imagine the door dinger and dash lights could drive a person a bit batty.

Last edited by VegasGuy : 06-30-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Hummer Authority

While working on my driver's side mirror a few years back I had the door panel off and both control panels disconnected while the vehicle was running; i don't recall the computer being alarmed at all.

I would need to track down the "door ajar" sensor though.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer
Not true....My jeep has power everything in the door...It has quick disconnects to take the doors off..
Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by working Hummer
Not true....My jeep has power everything in the door...It has quick disconnects to take the doors off..

x2.... I dont have a Jeep, but I do know they have power everything... just a quick disconnect pluggy guys...
20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.