H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

evomind is an unknown quantity at this point

hey folks
after going over a couple of speedbumps i got a warning on my dash that said "check 4wd sys" or something like that.
anyone know what that is beyond the obvious or why it may have come on after a couple of speedbumps? after shutting engine off and restarting the warning is gone.
if speed bumps triggered it, i cant imagine if i offroaded it.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

hey folks
after going over a couple of speedbumps i got a warning on my dash that said "check 4wd sys" or something like that.
anyone know what that is beyond the obvious or why it may have come on after a couple of speedbumps? after shutting engine off and restarting the warning is gone.
if speed bumps triggered it, i cant imagine if i offroaded it.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

I have gotten a traction control failure light before but it went off like you said.

I can recommend that you call OnStar and tell them but tell them not to clear the errors. When you go to the dealership you can have them call OnStar for the code #.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Module.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:50 PM

blackh3 is off the scale

I had that message when in 4wheel high lock.
the modual for the transfer case needed to be
reprogramed.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

did ur module need reprogramming because it didnt work, or to clear the code?
i was going to offroad this weekend, but dont think i can drop it off at the dealer before the weekend.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, see if there is a code by calling Onstar, but write it down. Some codes will cleaer automatically after 40 or 80 engine run operations, if the condition does not come back. (Engine run operation is from a startup below a programmed engine temperature, to a warm up cycle above a certain programmed temperature. Some vehicles erase after 40 cycles, some after 80...not sure on the H3.)

If the code is B0790/2725, C0306/0327/0329/0359/0550, then it could be the transfer case control module as Partsguy states.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Some codes will cleaer automatically after 40 or 80 engine run operations, if the condition does not come back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not know that.

A word on OnStar - I was surprised once when I called and they said the vehicle was having a code XXXX. I asked them what that code meant and they said something about idleing. Well, that was correct it was idleing bad but I didn't tell them anything about idleing. OnStar doesn't have the best customer service but there diagnostics do help out.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Some codes will cleaer automatically after 40 or 80 engine run operations, if the condition does not come back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not know that.

A word on OnStar - I was surprised once when I called and they said the vehicle was having a code XXXX. I asked them what that code meant and they said something about idleing. Well, that was correct it was idleing bad but I didn't tell them anything about idleing. OnStar doesn't have the best customer service but there diagnostics do help out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the olden days, they used to erase with just 40 startups of the engine. I also believe that it is still a true statement that not all codes will erase. Some PCMs will retain history codes for certain conditions until cleared by the Tech 2; usually emission related due to CA laws. But not sure on the H3, guess this will give me something to do tomorrow at work.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

Trinity is off the scale

Transfer Case Module. Mine came on after filling up at a gas station. Dealer replaced it and I haven't had any problems/codes since.

BTW - Onstar didn't detect a problem (called them when I got the message, but perhaps it was because I accidentally reset the code when I reset my tripometer after filling up.)
Old 01-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Hummer Expert

When should start a collection for F5fstop and his information.

Well, I don't have any money so my thanks will have to do. I hope you appreciate it.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Waxing is off the scale

I will donate to the F5f fund the guy is amazing. His head going to explode with all that knowledge.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Hummer Guru

No, my head won't explode, unless it is from too much Morgan's.
Partsguy guessed what it probably is, I just added some information on how to verify if a code is present.
Believe me, I learn as much from most of you guys than I ever give.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Waxing is off the scale

H3 Hummer, See what you started now I have donate to Partsguy fund also. On a serious note I don't post much but I do read the forums everyday it is like I an addicted to the site I might need to go H3 anonymous. Just want to thank all for your valuable insight and knowledge.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

yeah, i think its at least the t case module.
my drives were all engaging and i called the dealer and asked if i had a problem or if i could off road it. they said if the drives are all engaging fine, its probably a voltage spike triggering the warning light. and said i was good to go wheeling.
so i wheeled it sunday, had a great time, took some great vids, but towards the end i had to shut the engine off to switch drives. like to switch from 4h to 4 low, etc. then at the end, normal 4 didnt engage. just made a spinning sound. had to drive home in 4h.
other than that, truck too a beating and the only casualty from off roading was the clamp on my cv boot broke.
ill try to post pics and update from dealer soon.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:41 AM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

I had the stab sys trac control check 4wd deal today I however have no function on any of the 4wd buttons or stab control button?

I wonder if the t-case module is bad? will that module also effect the stab control?
what would make all the traction / 4wd buttons non-functional?

I pulled the neg batt lead to ty and clear it...didnt work

tomorrow I will set up the onstar diagnostics over the web and try and get the code.

F5fstop we will be in touch but any info on my specific problem until tomorrow will be great.

seems like I have a dual issuse 4wd and stab control..

2,500 miles and never in 4wd yet well I have engaged it but never off-road yet and in fact the stab has never been on yet either...????
thnx m