H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default AC crapped out :(

well took the H2 in to ge tthe AC recharged after i decided to say F-it afte rblowing $100 on AC guages and trying myself.

seems there is a blockage. guy said he could put R134 in, but the compressor wouldnt kick on, so there is most likely a blockage or the compressor is bad.

im thinking of just saying F-IT again, and buying all new parts and installing it myself and then getting it charged up. i dont have a vacuum pump, and admit i dont fully understand the whole AC process. well i understand the process, just dont know numbers and such that the H2 will need yadda yadda
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 07-18-2012, 04:19 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AC crapped out :(

take the belt off and see if you can turn the compressor to spin the internals. Easy way to check if something chewed up the compressor or its locked up.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Hummer Expert

the compressor will spin.

after i posted this, i had to drive about 60 miles each way, and had just the fan on. well, i was getting cool-ish air coming out of it. after thinking about it, i never used the AC button before, i always used teh fan. the AC never really blew cold air, so thats why i used the fan this whole time.

when teh fan is turned on, i can hear the compressor kick on, then off right away, and can hear the system kinda pressurize.

so i am guessing there really is a blockage going on.. but if i am going to take any part of the system apart, im swapping out as much as possible.

so to summerize today.
either the AC or the fan just blew hot air. before going to the shop.
took in for AC evac and recharge.
shop DID evac and recharge the system, but couldnt get the system to blow cold air.. and did not charge me for it.
AC still blows warm air, but in fan mode, blows coolish air.

its not much, but sure made my ride more enjoyable. last 21 days have been 90+ temps here in Minnesota. i could atleast roll up the windows and enjoy the ride
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193

Last edited by Hellz : 07-18-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:04 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road

I just got done servicing my AC at the dealer.
I thought I had a leak, turned out (according to the mechanic) to not really be a leak since the test didnt show much of anything, but they put a charge in and dye'd it up and so we will see. Given he also said that my belt and tensioner needed to be replaced, so I had them replaced and it is blowing again. Not like it did when it was first recharged though.....
You could freeze meat immediately in that truck when I did that, now you have to drive a little bit to get it flowing

Also, question (not to highjack the thread), but when I got the service done and got the truck back it could hear distinctly inside a sound that was on the outside passengers side of the truck. It actually is only made if the AC is on, and on top of that only made if you are driving (if you are parked and rev the engine it doesnt do it). Basically it is a sound similar to taking a pen and putting it inside the blade housing of a plastic fan as it is running. It is like a ticking clacking noise that increases the more you press the gas, and goes away the minute you let off the gas it goes away.
Any ideas?
Old 07-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Hummer Expert

sounds like that could be the blower fan. might have something sticking in to the blades... i "Think" it is located on the passenger side under the dash/airbag area.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:24 PM

thats what i thought, but is the fan outside?
I mean this sound is loudest outside.
It sounds horrible.
inside you can barely hear it unless you have radio off and you lean towards the passengers side
Old 07-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Hummer Expert

not sure on its location.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:52 PM

any luck on your ac? i am wondering if the switch isnt turning everything on?
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Hummer Expert

pdxrealtor is on a distinguished road

On a side note I just filled my wife's Acura MDX. I got the freon from Oreily Auto. Followed instructions to a T.

Turns out the instructions were BS. I filled and filled but only until I overfilled did the engine fans start to cycle quickly at which time the gauge finally read accurate...way too full. Gauge would only read accurate when fans were off.'

I had to let about a can of freon out before things were right....talk about a waste of money- 30 bucks for a can of freon.

2006 HUMMER H2
MOOG Front End
Diablo InTune w/DiabLew Tune
Cognito Steering Support
OBX LT Headers
Air Raid Filter w/Tube
External Trans Cooler -Radiator Bypass
Corvette Servo
Rancho 9000 Adjustable Shocks-
Rancho Steering Stabilizer
20" Chrome Fuel Hostage - Cooper ST Maxx
Slotted Rotors/Ceramic pads/Steel Lines
Viper Smart Start
iPod/Video Interface
HID Head and Fog Lights
Optima Red Top w/ Priority Start Cut Off Mod
Old 07-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Hummer Expert

ya with my situation, i am just trying to get by now with the cooler air thats coming out of the AC with only the fan mode turned on and not AC.

i know there is a blockage going somewhere...
its not really the costs of everythign either.. well the costs of parts.. its just the thought of working under the H2 and dealing with whaever issue comes up.