H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wipers/Washer Module Bad, TSB? 2004 Hummer Help!

I need some advice. While we had 4 or 5 days of constant rain recently, my wipers front and rear took on a mind of their own and started to regulate their speed on their own. This included the front and rear washer fluid to dispense suddenly causing an initial obstruction to my visibility until it was empty. It was someone was pulling the strings making this work, I had to pull the washer/wiper fuse to stop it.

Did some searching on the site and see others had this too. I went to the dealer today, where the H2 is at now and they told me that it is a knows issue and it typical is the washer modular. If in fact that is causing this, they won?t be in until tomorrow. They also told me they ordered four because several other owners have the same issue.

Being that I am out of warranty for my 2004 Hummer at 61,000 miles, I asked how expensive this repair is. He said it will run about $550.00 for parts and labor. [ouch]

From what I read on the forum the 2003 H2 had a TSB for this issue. I did review the 2003 TBS located here http://www.hummerforums.com/recalls-...r_2003/TSB.htm . Below is what I found that appears to be related to this but for a 2004. Although I am not sure what wiper pulse function means.

2004 Hummer H2 Bulletin #:01202005 Sequence #:10013578 Date:01/20/2005 Component Name:136000 visibility:windshield wiper/washer Make:Hummer Model:H2 Year:2004 Summary:Windshield wiper pulse function. *tt

2004 Hummer H2 Bulletin #:04202004 Sequence #:10009229 Date:04/20/2004 Component Name:136000 visibility:windshield wiper/washer Make:Hummer Model:H2 Year:2004 Summary:When switching the windshield wiper speed from low to intermittent, the speed remains in the low. gm voicemail express. *tt

2004 TSBs can be found here http://www.hummerforums.com/recalls-...r_2004/TSB.htm

Based on the above where is my question:
  • Should all TSBs for known problem be covered as in paid for by the dealer?
  • Does windshield wiper pulse function H2 Bulletin #:01202005 result in erratic behavior as I experienced?
  • If this repair is not the dealers responsibility, am I getting screwed at $550.00
  • Has anyone else had this issue, did you just buy the part and install it yourself? If so how hard is it?

If some how I missed the TSB for the 2003 that differentiates the washer module issue from my 04, is there not a possibility that they used a module from 2003 on my 2004? If so, I would think by the part number or serial number that would be traceable. This may be a mute point as I belive the TSBs for years 03 and 04 are identical with regard t this issue.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

nmu98 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wipers/Washer Module Bad, TSB? 2004 Hummer Help!

In my experience, delaers are not held to warrantying TSB's. BUT, thye can extend warranties and cover items byond the initial warranty point. maybe if you talk nice...LOL.. They can help.. Good luck....
Old 05-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Hummer Novice

wrangedog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wipers/Washer Module Bad, TSB? 2004 Hummer Help!

Hi, I have a 2003 H2 that developed the same wiper/washer issues as everyone else in the thread. I researched the web and found a recall campaign with the campaign number for 2003 H2, a TSB with the TSB number for 2003 H2, yet the dealer nor Hummer could find any outstanding issues with my vehicle, and they were both unable to locate any information given the numbers. So I bit the bullet and went to purchase the wiper module, unable to find it online I went to the dealer, who quoted a price of 319.60. I was surprised to find out the wiper module is the complete assembly (motor, linkage, etc.) and not just a small circuit board. The parts guy checked and there is no way of buying the parts separately. After kicking it with him for some fifteen or twenty minutes he offered to discount the module, He said, "the best I can do is 223.00", I said sold. Although I was upset that I couldn't get this fixed for free, even though I had tons of pages off the internet saying I should, I was thankful for the parts guy discounting the module. I also was thankful that the job to replace the module did not take me twenty minutes; it's literally easier and quicker to change the wiper module than it is to change the oil.