Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 09-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

I'm taking my family to Orlando for 4 days in 2 weeks. We'll be at Disney for 2 of those days. I trying to find some of the not so well known things to see or do while I'm down there.
All suggesstions are appreciated.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Hummer Professional

I'm taking my family to Orlando for 4 days in 2 weeks. We'll be at Disney for 2 of those days. I trying to find some of the not so well known things to see or do while I'm down there.
All suggesstions are appreciated.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Joyce Fox,
Old 09-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Bodies exhibition in Tampa?

http://www.mosi.org/

May not be good for the kids, but should be mandatory for all in Florida- take pics.

Seriously, there is a restaurant that is like a fifties kitchen and the waitress acts like your mother and will tell you to get your elbows of the table, the tv plays old black and white shows, it is pretty neat, "Prime Time Cafe".
Old 09-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

HummerTech,

What type of activities are you looking to do? Are you staying on Disney property or someplace else? What age are your kids?

CP,

That exhibit has been on the news lately,.may have to go over and check it out. I have heard the Salvador Dali museum over in Tampa is pretty good to but not necessarily what I would recommend for a family sight seeing destination. Has anyone seen the movie he made? We studied it in one of my film history classes in college, what a freak. Never heard of this Prime Time Cafe, where is it?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Hummer Professional

My kids are 5, 6, and 12. I'm kind of looking for some things to see that may take a couple of hours or so. I don't care if it's not for kids, because I was planning on leaving them at the hotel so my wife and I could check out a few things. Here are some examples of things. I wanted to take the kids to the aligator farm. I was thinking of a nighttime dinner murder mystery show. Any other great ideas or suggesstions are appreciated.
Thanks
Old 09-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Hummer Guru

Let me think about it and I will post some ideas. Check out Gatorland though.

http://www.gatorland.com

Old 09-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Hummer Professional

jfox is an unknown quantity at this point

LMK if you need and Disney info. I can help you with all things DISNEY!!

J.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Hummer Professional

Are there any real ways to get a good discount on disney tickets. Everyway claiming to be cheaper is cheaper by about 1.00 per ticket. I'd rather pay the extra buck and buy them from Disney because I know I'll get them.
Any tips for Magic Kingdom or Epcot?
It's been a long time since I've been to Epcot. What rides usually have very long lines and should I hit early.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

When my wife and I went to Orlando a few years ago we went to Seaworld and Discovery Cove. Discovery Cove is amazing. It is very low key, not crowded, very relaxing, beautiful... Not a bad way to spend a day! Swiming with the dolphins was VERY cool. There is virtually zero advertising on site. Its sort of like being in a private spa.

The only bad thing about going to Discovery Cove was that we went at the beginning of our stay. It is so nice that Seaworld (which owns Discovery Cove) seems really, really cheesey in comparison.

When we get back to Orlando again we will definately be going back.

Rob (Ipedog)
Old 09-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Hummer Guru

Living down here I actually avoid that part of town but with your kids being the age they are, I would suggest Magic Kingdom. I have not been there is many years but do enjoy going to Epcot every once in a while. Not the family thing to do but you can "drink around the world" at Epcot I have heard mixed reviews about Disney's animal park but maybe somebody here has some input.

Discovery Cove is very cool from what I have heard as well. You can get a two day pass that is good for one day each at both SeaWorld and Bush Gardens in Tampa $85/child and $95/adult. If you go to Bush Gardens check out the Animal Adventure Tour. It is pretty cool and you actually get close enough to touch and feed some of the animals like the giraffes. I did it a couple of years ago but have heard it has gotten better.

http://www.bushgardens.com/buschgard...adventure.aspx

You can also get a 5 Park Flex pass that is good for up to 14 consecutive days of unlimited access to Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Wet N' Wild $190/child and $225/adult.

http://www.bushgardens.com/buschgard..._visitors.aspx

Another place to go that I think is fairly interesting is Kennedy Space Center. Not sure how interested your kids would be but I think it is pretty cool and if you wanted to go in the morning then you could spend the rest of the day on Cocoa Beach.

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/visitKSC/index.asp

Just a few ideas. I will try to get some more info together for you.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Hummer Professional

Stay away from ticket brokers, buying tickets on Ebay or listening to a time share presentation for tickets.

Are you a member of AAA? If so you can get 3-7 day tickets at a little discount. Check with your local office because tickets vary from office to office. The Orlando Office is located at 4300 E. Colonial Drive, (407)894-3333 for hours and directions.

Any member of your party military? You can purchase special military non-tax tickets at the Shades of Green ticket office on property. Here is a link to their ticket info. Reservations, (888)593-2242.

If neither of the options above apply send me your e-mail and I'll send you a matrix of the ticket options.

Your kids will love Magic Kingdom and perhaps Epcot (some kids think it's too much like school and skip this park for MGM). The new Soarin' attraction is brand new and should not be missed.

This is a great time of year to go, except for the possibility of Hurricanes. Attendance will be low until the week of Thanksgiving. If you are going in the month of October you could attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or attend the Food and Wine Festival which runs from mid October through November.

J.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jfox:
Are you a member of AAA? If so you can get 3-7 day tickets at a little discount. Check with your local office because tickets vary from office to office. The Orlando Office is located at 4300 E. Colonial Drive, (407)894-3333 for hours and directions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their world headquarters are right down the road from my office here in Lake Mary. Might actually give better prices there and is worth a call to see. It is on the opposite side of town as the parks but if there is a enough of a discount then it would be worth the half hour or so each way. The one on Colonial is about half way between the parks and here. I would think that they would have an office somewhere down there like on International Dr. since it is the tourist capital.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jfox:
This is a great time of year to go, except for the possibility of Hurricanes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But hurricanes are the most popular rides down here. Everyone does them

Old 09-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Hummer Professional

Great suggesstions everyone. Any more?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter who is eight said that the animal
Kingdom was not worth the money."like she paid"
My wife and I enjoyed it.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Hummer Professional

My younger kids (6,4) love Animal Kingdom but there are fewer rides they can ride there, it's a good half-day option. We try to make it to AK at least once a trip to have lunch at the Tusker House. MMMmmmm...

Must Do Rides

Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot
Mission Space
Soarin
Test Track (get your Hummer fix in the gift shop)
The Land (this is my absolute favorite attraction in all of WDW)

MGM
Tower of Terror (one trip I rode this 18 times in one hour, I was on a mission)
Rock N Rollercoaster

AK
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro Safari

J.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Hummer Professional

Last year I went to Disney and was with a Hummer sponsored group of people from other dealers. We were taking the Disney Institute class, which is a 2 day class where they talk about the way Disney runs things and has discussions to help you take some Disney ideas and principles and apply them to your own dealership. One thing they did was take us on the test track ride. When you get off the ride you kind of walk through a GM showroom. There was an H2, a vette, a GTO I think and a few other cars. They told us that they have to replace the seats in the H2 every 30 days because they get worn out from so many people hopping in it to check it out. They also said the ajoining gift shop sells more Hummer related merchandise than all other GM merchandise combined. I just try to remember that when I think about the fuh2 crowd. They are in the minority.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Hummer Professional

I think I just read that they just shut down the living seas so they can redo it even better.
I agree with all of your suggesstions so far.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Hummer Guru

You can have breakfast with the Disney characters as well. If you spend any time over in the Tampa area, the aquarium is pretty good. I wouldn't spend the time to go if you are going to SeaWorld though. Probably be a let down from there.

Also about half way between Tampa and Orlando is the Fantasy of Flight museum. Get to see a lot of vintage planes that they have restored as well as some in the process. While there you can go on a hot air balloon ride or go up in a vintage biplane. I did the biplane ride last year and it was great. Since then they have added one where you can actually take over the controls, very cool. It is only $25 for adults and $14 for kids.

http://www.fantasyofflight.com/