Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 09-23-2005, 07:15 PM

YourAdventure is off the scale

H.O.P.E. (Hummer Owners Prepared or Emergencies) This has been an interesting ordeal but the National Club is trying to make some progress on this deal. I have received (2) phone calls from Mike Morris over the last couple of days. He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita.

I explained to him that many of the folks involved or wanting to get involved feel a little out of place because there has been no direction and they are not sure if they are fully certified volunteers because of the lack of communication.

Even though we have gotten some updates on this forum it has been indirectly through other folks. I asked if Mike could officially put something on here since he is the main person in charge of this deal. He plans to do that in the near future but for not is focused on support for this Rita relief.

Either way if you are interested, even though you may not have all your certifications, please contact Mike Morris at 574-340-8408 to help get you squared away and get your prepared to help on any relief being set up.

As for the future, we are meeting again next week to discuss official support on doing certification classes moving forward. I will be helping lead up many of the certifications classes for Texas, what they call, "HOPE in a box". This will possibly take place at our Adventure Park, by the Texas Motor Speedway, we have here in the North Texas area initially. As we grow the program there will be other courses throughout the state that will be set up for this purpose.

Stay posted, hopefully the frustrations will be lessoned and we can get on to doing some good stuff for our friends, family, and the community.

http://www.yourhummeradventure.com
Old 09-23-2005, 07:15 PM

H.O.P.E. (Hummer Owners Prepared or Emergencies) This has been an interesting ordeal but the National Club is trying to make some progress on this deal. I have received (2) phone calls from Mike Morris over the last couple of days. He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita.

I explained to him that many of the folks involved or wanting to get involved feel a little out of place because there has been no direction and they are not sure if they are fully certified volunteers because of the lack of communication.

Even though we have gotten some updates on this forum it has been indirectly through other folks. I asked if Mike could officially put something on here since he is the main person in charge of this deal. He plans to do that in the near future but for not is focused on support for this Rita relief.

Either way if you are interested, even though you may not have all your certifications, please contact Mike Morris at 574-340-8408 to help get you squared away and get your prepared to help on any relief being set up.

As for the future, we are meeting again next week to discuss official support on doing certification classes moving forward. I will be helping lead up many of the certifications classes for Texas, what they call, "HOPE in a box". This will possibly take place at our Adventure Park, by the Texas Motor Speedway, we have here in the North Texas area initially. As we grow the program there will be other courses throughout the state that will be set up for this purpose.

Stay posted, hopefully the frustrations will be lessoned and we can get on to doing some good stuff for our friends, family, and the community.

http://www.yourhummeradventure.com
Old 09-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. The information couldn't be more timely.

What did you mean when you said, "He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita."
Could you please elaborate?
Old 09-23-2005, 08:27 PM

I don't think he was aware that there had been such a major miscommunication with folks on finishing out their requirements to fulfill becoming a HOPE volunteer. After I spoke with him the second time he explained that there was a short course you could take online along with just the basic CPR/First Aid if you weren't up to date on that.

That is why he suggested just contacting him directly if you had the ability to become a volunteer and he would get you squared away.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YourAdventure:
H.O.P.E. (Hummer Owners Prepared or Emergencies) This has been an interesting ordeal but the National Club is trying to make some progress on this deal. I have received (2) phone calls from Mike Morris over the last couple of days. He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced to intermediate H1, H2, H3 owners that would be ready to deploy for support on Hurricane Rita.

http://www.yourhummeradventure.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I'd fix it for you.

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YourAdventure:
He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So is this another snobby H1 owner jab or are you just making sure that the experienced H2 & H3 owners don't show up so there won't be any chance of the H2 & H3 owners showing up the thin-skinned elitist H1 owners? Just trying to clarify things.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
"volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's"

I assume YourAdventure is an H1 owner?

They just can't help themselves.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually former H2 owner and current H3 owner.

Lack of communication is correct. I spoke with a representative from the St Joe chapter and confirmed that I have passed all the requirements for the program and my name was on the list of volunteers. I spoke with Scott Freeman about deployment to the area devestated by Katrina. Scott informed me that I needed to obtain a DSHR (Disaster Services Human Resource) number. My local Red Cross rep said to get this number I must have additional training i.e. Mass Care etc. Now I don't know if I'm qualified or not. I am available the last two weeks of October and possibly sooner now that Rita has shown up. I know these guys are extremely busy with thier efforts and deeply appreciate them. This has been an extremely overwhelming string of events and I know we will all pull through it
Old 09-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Hummer Messiah

Kudos to you Fever.

You don't have to belong to "POSER" organizations who parade their Hummers around just for the primary sake of posing their Hummers.

You can do the bonafide goodwill gesture with good folks in Jeeps, Explorers, Vans, Cars, etc. more effectively than driving around in "WANNABE" military fashion.

We've all seen what "Requirements" get you in times of disaster.

People in need don't care of your "Qualifications" or to ooooh and ahhhh at a line of Hummers...

.....Just your help.

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Kudos to you Fever.

You don't have to belong to "POSER" organizations who parade their Hummers around just for the primary sake of posing their Hummers.

You can do the bonafide goodwill gesture with good folks in Jeeps, Explorers, Vans, Cars, etc. more effectively than driving around in "WANNABE" military fashion.

We've all seen what "Requirements" get you in times of disaster.

People in need don't care of your "Qualifications" or to ooooh and ahhhh at a line of Hummers...

.....Just your help.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO SH!T!!!!!
What's this crap about having to jump through some asswipe's hoops in order to render aid to those in need?!!!!
Sam, and all of your idiot cronies, go f(_)ck yourselves!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Hummer Messiah

So, after looking at this POS website:
http://www.youradventureinc.com/
I've come to the conclusion that this guy is a scheming douche. Lots of nothing.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

F(U)cking tool.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:47 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
F(U)cking tool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
F(U)cking tool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I guess that takes care of this one.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:54 AM

Interesting how people just jump on the band wagon of crap talk. I am not an H1 owner and where this so called crap of H1 elitest talk got off track is beyond me. The statement was and is correct. There are no H2 and H3 owners currently that have experience in dealing with disaster relief activity. The reason I know this is because prior to Hurricane Katrina we have not had a national disaster to where H2's and H3's could be of assistance. The term intermediate was used for folks that have safe experience in not only offroading but safe recovery and first aid/CPR training, but have not been exposed to support on a national disaster or anything similar.

Jason, this is sad that you let idiots like this on your forum. I have seen these sad mistakes for Hummer owners bashing other threads of people that are trying to promote the Hummer Community. I am all for your site making a buck to promote Hummer accessories and giving folks an outlet to talk about their trucks, experiences etc. BUT...to allow low life people that all they want to do is talk trash about something they have no knowledge of is ridiculous.

Alec W, Dennis AJC, Ken P, DRTYFN, as far as I am concerned if you think you are experienced Hummer owners you have a lot to learn. To disrespect another Hummer owner of any model is a sign of a coward in my book especially in this time of support and relief need. Heck, for all we know you guys are some lil teenage punks who have nothing else better to do than pretend you are Hummer owners talking trash on a forum that should ban your asses because it is giving the organization a bad name.

Jason, I wish you well but if this is how folks are to be treated and allowed to be treated on your forum than I for one will not support it.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Hummer Messiah

Interesting how people just jump on the band wagon of crap talk. I am not an H1 owner and where this so called crap of H1 elitest talk got off track is beyond me. The statement was and is correct. There are no H2 and H3 owners currently that have experience in dealing with disaster relief activity. The reason I know this is because prior to Hurricane Katrina we have not had a national disaster to where H2's and H3's could be of assistance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the f(_)ck do you know? Not a damn thing. I know of a couple of H2 owners that are qualified to be in your faggy little daisy chain club.

Sam, your ignorance is glaringly evident from your reply.
As for crying to Pappa J- nice try. If he knew what a scheming conniving turd you are he'd probably hold the door for you.

ps. Next time you might want to weigh your words more carefully. I know you won't, though.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2005, 04:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I went back and took another look at your initial post. Shame on you from the shameless underhanded plug. What a douche.
What's with the word "possibly"? Are you or aren't you going to hold it there? No, you're not, because you're basically just trying to work some kind of angle and run some scam(again).

Why not just encourage people to seek out and gain certification wherever they can find it instead of trying to lure them in with your vagaries and bullsh!t? Oh, wait.. what's that? There's no money in it for you? That's what I thought. Scumbag.