H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-12-2006, 02:10 AM

RacerX is off the scale

I stopped by my dealer recently. He asked if I was ready for a new one and told him I would be on the list as soon as the diesel is available. According to him (for what that's worth) the redesign has been pushed out a few more years. He claimed that the GMT900 platform had been pushed out until 2010. I have been holding out for the 2008 model with hopes of the diesel. Not sure my '03 can make it to 2010.

As for the 2007 models, he thought the changes would be minimal. Some type of exhaust modification was the biggest thing I remember.

Boy I hope this isn't true. Very depressing!!!
Might have to find something different in the interim.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:39 AM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Sounds like a pretty cool option but my truck does the job just fine like it is. I dont see a need for the dmax unless you tow alot. If it saves gas(diesel) it would take quite some time to cover the saving in gas over the price of the option.....if memory serves me correctly the dmax is around a 6k option on the 2500 hd's between the engine and the allison tranny. Dont get me wrong it would be cool...perhaps i dont like the fact that my truck would automaticly become less cool.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 04-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Putting the D in is not cost effective for Gm so with would have to be the new platform. Am General builds the H2 and that contract has a few more years on it. don't look for any changes in 07
Old 04-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

this has been discussed many times on here before, no major changes until 2008 model comes out in 2007 and then it won't be on the GMT900
Old 04-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by RacerX:
I stopped by my dealer recently. He asked if I was ready for a new one and told him I would be on the list as soon as the diesel is available. According to him (for what that's worth) the redesign has been pushed out a few more years. He claimed that the GMT900 platform had been pushed out until 2010. I have been holding out for the 2008 model with hopes of the diesel. Not sure my '03 can make it to 2010.

As for the 2007 models, he thought the changes would be minimal. Some type of exhaust modification was the biggest thing I remember.

BS.

The GMT900 is already out with the Tahoe/Yukon. Not only that, but GM has sent out a memo to all dealers to put their ENTIRE 2006 vehicle order needs for 6 months in before May 1st. I am pretty sure this is to facilitate the necessary tooling changeovers to the new platform.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 04-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by NoMoGMPG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RacerX:

BS.

The GMT900 is already out with the Tahoe/Yukon. Not only that, but GM has sent out a memo to all dealers to put their ENTIRE 2006 vehicle order needs for 6 months in before May 1st. I am pretty sure this is to facilitate the necessary tooling changeovers to the new platform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They better hurry the F up.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the GMT900 patform?
What's better about it?
I can find all kinds of discussions about it being incorporated into the h2 eventually, but what is it?
Old 04-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by MarineHawk:
What's better about it?
I can find all kinds of discussions about it being incorporated into the h2 eventually, but what is it?

A “platform” is a component set that works together. Many people mistakenly think “frame” when using the word platform and they couldn’t be more wrong. As an example a 3500 pick-up and the old 1500 Tahoe don’t share any frame and suspension parts, but are both based on the GMT800 platform. In most cases any more, the electronic system of a given car/truck platform is the single biggest driver of shared components. Look at the electrically controlled components that were changed/improved from the 800 based Tahoe to the 900 based Tahoe and you can pretty well guess what’s going to change when the H2 goes to the 900 platform.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RacerX:

BS.

The GMT900 is already out with the Tahoe/Yukon. Not only that, but GM has sent out a memo to all dealers to put their ENTIRE 2006 vehicle order needs for 6 months in before May 1st. I am pretty sure this is to facilitate the necessary tooling changeovers to the new platform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 04-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by CLAYDOG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarineHawk:
What's better about it?

A “platform” is a component set that works together. Many people mistakenly think “frame” when using the word platform and they couldn’t be more wrong. As an example a 3500 pick-up and the old 1500 Tahoe don’t share any frame and suspension parts, but are both based on the GMT800 platform. In most cases any more, the electronic system of a given car/truck platform is the single biggest driver of shared components. Look at the electrically controlled components that were changed/improved from the 800 based Tahoe to the 900 based Tahoe and you can pretty well guess what’s going to change when the H2 goes to the 900 platform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I am completely ignorant of the 900-based Tahoe, is it: Stronger? Lighter? More squirrelly? Bouncier? Prettier?
Old 04-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by MarineHawk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CLAYDOG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarineHawk:
What's better about it?

A “platform” is a component set that works together. Many people mistakenly think “frame” when using the word platform and they couldn’t be more wrong. As an example a 3500 pick-up and the old 1500 Tahoe don’t share any frame and suspension parts, but are both based on the GMT800 platform. In most cases any more, the electronic system of a given car/truck platform is the single biggest driver of shared components. Look at the electrically controlled components that were changed/improved from the 800 based Tahoe to the 900 based Tahoe and you can pretty well guess what’s going to change when the H2 goes to the 900 platform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I am completely ignorant of the 900-based Tahoe, is it: Stronger? Lighter? More squirrelly? Bouncier? Prettier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From a Tahoe/Yukon standpoint, it looks to me like they (GM) have incorporated more Escalade styling, better lighting, and some economy/performance enhancements.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 04-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

BS.

The GMT900 is already out with the Tahoe/Yukon. Not only that, but GM has sent out a memo to all dealers to put their ENTIRE 2006 vehicle order needs for 6 months in before May 1st. I am pretty sure this is to facilitate the necessary tooling changeovers to the new platform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think he was referring to the H2 not being on the GMT900 until later, not that the platform isn't already out in another configuration.

The new Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade has been discussed in pretty good detail here, so you can do a search and find all kinds of information on it.

I had one for a day a while back and posted junk about it here: http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1726043161/m/4...861021261#4861021261
Old 04-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

I was told 2009.

Keep in mind if you go for the diesel it will proboly add $5,000 - $7,000 to the price. I made up a spreadsheet to see if it is worth it for the milage, and on average it will take you 6-7 YEARS to make up the extra cost in milage savings. Even if you run off-road fuel it will still take you 4 years to make up the cost.

Yea, I would definatly go for it...but for the power not the milage. Man a twin turbo duramax (like the one they put in that suburban on TRUX) would ROCK.

Going up to estas park in a few hours with a friend that just got a new jeep (STOCK!)....this should be fun.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 04-26-2006, 01:11 PM

wes1977 is off the scale

Could be asking for trouble. All that power will surely break something.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

At one time they told me at Hummer School that it just does not fit so it would have to be an Isuzu motor
Old 04-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Albie....i was curious to see how your rig did at Moab but i didnt see you in any pictures. I can only imagine this means you didnt make it but if you did and didnt happen to be in any pics how did you make out with the 40s?

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 04-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

As it sits right now, the Dmax would put too much weight on the front suspension, which is already almost maxed out on a stock truck.

In 2007, they're taking away the uplevel chrome package and making those items (chrome hood latches, chrome hood handles, chrome fuel door) part of the normal chrome appearance package. They're also changing the tire brand from BF Goodrich to Goodyear, same size. That's it.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
As it sits right now, the Dmax would put too much weight on the front suspension, which is already almost maxed out on a stock truck.
Well, that most assuredly is not it. The front end uses the same components from a 2500 HD pickup that runs the Dmax. Now, considering, the tranny also, the actual sheet metal and longer wheelbase, it would stand to reason that weight is not the reason. Size is the culprit right now. While it can be stuffed in there by an aftermarket company, it's just not sufficient enough for GM to give the go ahead and deal with the warranty headaches that would be associated with it.

2008 model coming out next year, will have 400hp 400lb/ft of torque (approx) and probably an updated interior. Also, stands to reason that the 2009 model won't be on the GMT900 platform if that happens. Maybe in 2009 the 2010 model will be re-done and based on the GMT900.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by InfantryWS6:
Maybe it will be this engine

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/060312/autos...rope.html?.v=1

GLOBAL DIESEL OFFENSIVE.

Separately, the trade publication also reported that GM is planning a global diesel offensive starting in 2008 that would include launching new diesel engines in the United States, where the technology has found few fans compared to Europe.

"We are developing right now two highly modern diesel motors that won't just fulfil the Euro-5 emission standards, but (also) the more stringent Bin-5 regulations in the USA," an unidentified GM manager told Automobilwoche.

It plans to introduce a 2.9 liter V6 and a 4.5 liter V8 that will gradually be used in almost all sport utility vehicles, pick-ups and large sedans in all GM brands and all markets.

The global H3 is coming. What it will have is...well, I can't say at this time.