H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-13-2005, 03:09 AM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

Is there a particular vin# break that this defective pump is on, or is this effecting all H3's from the initial production?

anyone know?

I too have never used it..

Thnaks Mike
Old 12-13-2005, 03:25 AM

gchurchill is off the scale

yea, theres pretty much no way i'd even use the rear washer fluid feature. its leaves a trail of blue nastiness all down your paint in the back. I once retrofited the one on my tahoe to shoot backwards insteads. It was pretty funny! except some people would get pretty pissed behind you hahaha
Old 12-13-2005, 03:31 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gchurchill:
yea, theres pretty much no way i'd even use the rear washer fluid feature. its leaves a trail of blue nastiness all down your paint in the back. I once retrofited the one on my tahoe to shoot backwards insteads. It was pretty funny! except some people would get pretty pissed behind you hahaha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had some punk ass kids do that to me at a stoplight once. I was on my bike. They were doing it on purpose. They didn't think it was funny when their side mirror was hanging from the wires.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3SOCAL is off the scale

Just got mine today too.

i didnt think i had a washer in the back either.

love my H3, hope this isn't the start of the first year recalls.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

Lucifer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gchurchill:
yea, theres pretty much no way i'd even use the rear washer fluid feature. its leaves a trail of blue nastiness all down your paint in the back. I once retrofited the one on my tahoe to shoot backwards insteads. It was pretty funny! except some people would get pretty pissed behind you hahaha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had some punk ass kids do that to me at a stoplight once. I was on my bike. They were doing it on purpose. They didn't think it was funny when their side mirror was hanging from the wires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone in College did that to me and 2 friends once. When he parked his car we picked up the passenger side of the car and dumped it on its side. He wasn't laughing anymore.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

They tell the techs to remove the air filter box assembly. This involves disconnecting the MAF sensor, the band connector to the tube from the air filter to the resonator. Then removing two bolts and loosening one nut on the air filter box assembly, and removing the box from the vehicle.
The connector side of the pump is in the lower part of the reservoir, facing the air filter assembly. This is the location where the number is stamped.
I was able to slide a mechanics mirror (small mirror on a expandable rod) between the air filter assembly and the pump. You need a lot of light, a flashlight might help, but I was lucky, and had one of the few sunny days in MI.
If 345R is stamped on the electrical end of the pump, it is not part of the recall.
From what I have learned, the majority will not have this number.
Once the air box assembly is removed, it is easy to replace the pump.
I would recommend if you are taking the vehicle to the dealer, have as little washer fluid as possible inside the reservoir. Makes it less messy for the techs.

You should not receive a recall notice unless your vehicle is within the VIN break.

68100024 through 68176854
Old 12-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

woyster_h3 is off the scale

Received my letter yesterday as well. I will take it into the dealer when they get the marker lamp fix kit.
Offroad Suspension Package, 33" Tires, Electronic Fully Locking Differential, 4.03:1 2-speed Transfer Case, Ebony Cloth Trim, Automatic Transmission, Sunroof, Roof Marker Lamps, Fog Lamps, XM Satellite Radio, CD/MP3 Player, Trailering Package, Black Tube Nerf Bars
Old 12-13-2005, 01:01 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

Thanks F5Fstop real helpful on the pump issue I will check mine today for the number...hey do you think you might be able to answer a few of the tech questions I have in the H3 tech/mod area it was the post.... help with the dual Vizualogic dvd headrest install. Perhaps you can help me with where to grab the switched +12v and constant +12v under the front door sills and where would be the best place to grab the ground? Also with the head rest and seat back removal so I can swap the head rests and run the wires down the inside of the seat?
The right headrest post if you are facing the back of the seat will not come out on either of my headrests..the left post has the quick release the right has none...dont want ot break anyhing...perhaps you could ask a tech at your dealer where you work, who installs these, what the specifics are to the install for me it would be a great help to me.

Sorry to invade this thread.

Thanks F5Fstop.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:58 PM

x-humm is off the scale

Just got it today!!!. Courtesy transportation???? or loaner
Old 12-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got back from my 2nd oil change 4,700 did first at 1,400 and got mine in the mail when I got home.I do have to go back to get the top plastic piece replaced( Had crack near clip) they ordered it .I'll wait till than unless I have a 345r as stated by f5fstop.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

I just got my notice in the mail today. It's a bummer it didn't come a few days earlier since I just came back from seeing my dealer on Friday (it's a 150 miles trip). I've never had very good timing.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got back... It took 45 minutes to replace... Enjoyed a nice cold beverage... My truck isn't covered in dirt anymore - Sewell does a great job of detailing your truck everytime you stop by! Good to see Brian and Mark!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Guppy is off the scale

I talked to my dealer today and they said that for the H3's that may encounter this problem, the owners will receive notification. This is not to say that if you do not get one today you will not get one tomorrow. They are sending these out accordingly to VIN's and in stages...
2006 Yellow H3 Adventure Package with 35" Firestone Destination MT Tires, Torsion Bar Adjustment, Trail Duty Extended Bump Stops, Chrome Trim Package, XM radio, 6 Disc Monsoon Stereo, Marker Lights, Brush Guard, Chrome Nerf Bars.
www.centexhummerclub.com
Old 12-14-2005, 01:46 AM

Edspad is off the scale

Got my Recall Notice the other day, Maybe they can fix/Calibrate my Tire Pressure Sensors. Damn things made me get out and check tires while going down rocky (Cold) trail

Still like it though.............

Old 01-08-2006, 07:41 PM

MrsRobinsn2000 is off the scale

I got the same recall notice in the mail. I brought mine in to be checked and they said mine was fine.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine a few weeks ago its working fine so they can look at it at next oil change when they rotate tires Ill drop it off for the day.
Withn the pump getting looked at is it posible for a loaner ? Maybee a H1
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

TexasRTR78 is off the scale

Got mine in the mail about a month ago...had never even touched that button yet...got curious though, so I went out to the H3 and sure enough it didn't work...called the Hummer dealership in Lubbock and they told me that as long as the H3 is under warranty they will replace it regardless of how long the letter says you have. Anyhow, planning on getting mine replaced when I go in for the first oil change..OnStar says I have less than 20 percent oil life left so it won't be long until I take the small road trip to Lubbock!
Old 01-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

They replaced mine today. I should be good to go now! They cleaned the H3 up very nice and put a mint on the dash.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

just had mine done last week at first service
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 01-11-2006, 05:48 AM

WPBGUY is off the scale

Mine broke long before the recall. They replaced it when I went in for my first service. I got the letter/E-mail long after.