H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

blackhawk29 is on a distinguished road
Default Own the 08' Rave

After logging some 6,000 miles on my 08' it is becoming more apparent that it's a major improvement over my 05' I will admit at first i did not like the dash and seats, and other associated items, but after putting some miles on it, the dash is more user friendly (other than the HVAC controls which are way too small) and the seats give you better support than the old cushy ones. The steering ratio is improved for quicker response, and it rides 100% better and more quiet inside. Overall a solid truck compared to my rattle prone 05' As the engine is breaking in, it seems to be quicker off the line now and have better throttle response. I know it stops better too because of the crazed deer in my area seem to enjoy running out in front of my truck for no apparent reason. Wife likes the 08' way better too, going from a 03' denali to my 05' yellow h2 she thought the yellow h2 was just plain silly. (read..mid life crisis) Overall a much improved version (not perfect) of the old truck with a solid soft ride, better safety features, and a dash that adds a little class.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale
Default Re: Own the 08' Rave

I concur with your observations...but, i I wanted all that refinement, the Caddy dealer has a much better version of it. Gimme back my ole 05 and I will superglue the door panels to stop the squeak. Add the screrwcharger 'onnatop (remember her?) and I will be happier than a shig in pit.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

I like them both...Mine won't last forever so I guess in a few years I will adjust.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest H-Town Realtor
I concur with your observations...but, i I wanted all that refinement, the Caddy dealer has a much better version of it. Gimme back my ole 05 and I will superglue the door panels to stop the squeak. Add the screrwcharger 'onnatop (remember her?) and I will be happier than a shig in pit.

correct. the caddy has all of it. and more. but it's not badged engineered like the other gmt900's read..suburuban, denali, tahoe, etc. the H2 is a specific body shell not shared with any other divisions. The h2 is can be unmistakably picked out from afar without question. You have to commit to the fact that your are buying the brand, not the content. Then look at the build numbers which are lower and lower,which drives re-sale value.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Elcova Newbie

JLT is on a distinguished road

i bought an 08 in sept. and i only have put 3000 miles on it mostly hwy. Its the first h2 that ive ever even been in or drove and i think its pimp. i got the thing fully loaded out. Def worth the 68 gs i spent
Old 11-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

alksdfjals;jkdfslkf thats a lot of driving to have 6000 miles on it already! when did you get it?

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 11-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk29
correct. the caddy has all of it.
<snip>
You have to commit to the fact that your are buying the brand, not the content. Then look at the build numbers which are lower and lower,which drives re-sale value.

Uh, not i don't have to commit to any brand. I buy content. Always will. You may be brand aware, but to me thats kinda sheepish. FWIW, the new Cad is almost as unique as the H2...almost. But, again, just not my style.

Resale value? Your joking, right? None of the vehicles you listed have anyting even slightly resembling resale value. That sounds like a walking advertisement for a car company.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk29
After logging some 6,000 miles on my 08' it is becoming more apparent that it's a major improvement over my 05' I will admit at first i did not like the dash and seats, and other associated items, but after putting some miles on it, the dash is more user friendly (other than the HVAC controls which are way too small) and the seats give you better support than the old cushy ones. The steering ratio is improved for quicker response, and it rides 100% better and more quiet inside. Overall a solid truck compared to my rattle prone 05' As the engine is breaking in, it seems to be quicker off the line now and have better throttle response. I know it stops better too because of the crazed deer in my area seem to enjoy running out in front of my truck for no apparent reason. Wife likes the 08' way better too, going from a 03' denali to my 05' yellow h2 she thought the yellow h2 was just plain silly. (read..mid life crisis) Overall a much improved version (not perfect) of the old truck with a solid soft ride, better safety features, and a dash that adds a little class.

I have to concur, I've got just a tad over 2K miles on my 08 and I love it. The interior is a huge improvement over the prior years, the engine/tranny combo is sweet and the added power is great. Not to mention that awesome stock exhaust rumble it has. I am glad I pulled the trigger on the 08. I don't miss my 06.

After riding in my 08, my dad traded in his 06 SUT for an 08 SUV....yes...he left the SUT...said it just wasnt practicle for him.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Buff is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest H-Town Realtor
Uh, not i don't have to commit to any brand. I buy content. Always will. You may be brand aware, but to me thats kinda sheepish. FWIW, the new Cad is almost as unique as the H2...almost. But, again, just not my style.

Resale value? Your joking, right? None of the vehicles you listed have anyting even slightly resembling resale value. That sounds like a walking advertisement for a car company.

No kidding. I just unloaded my '03 for way less than half of what I had in it. That 0% financing killed what little resale value GM vehicles had.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:02 AM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Buff
No kidding. I just unloaded my '03 for way less than half of what I had in it. That 0% financing killed what little resale value GM vehicles had.

what did you buy...
Old 11-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Kerr is off the scale

If they pulled the improvements off on the H2 like the did the Denali'es last year you will love it.

My mom and dad traded in two 06 denalie's on two 07 modles. Its night and day between them...

As for the motor you will ove the 6.2 Im sure the H2 weights more than the denali XL but they run damn good when broken in not to mention the 6 speed trands get you moving easier and quicker!

Im going to hold out on a used 08 then see if i can ditch the benz on one.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Buff is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
what did you buy...

m
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Buff
m

That truck is hot. I want one too. Does yours have the air ride rear axle. How does it ride?