H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I am posting this for future considerations. I installed the Vizualogic 7" A1000 (built in DVD) system over the weekend. It was easy to install and the quality was good. The wireless FM modulation really stinks. It has this annoying humming sound when played through the speakers.

I ordered this http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=617 interface to see if that helps the situation. I'll post the results in this thread. Has anyone already tried this? It claims it will work with the NAV unit and factory XM.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I am posting this for future considerations. I installed the Vizualogic 7" A1000 (built in DVD) system over the weekend. It was easy to install and the quality was good. The wireless FM modulation really stinks. It has this annoying humming sound when played through the speakers.

I ordered this http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=617 interface to see if that helps the situation. I'll post the results in this thread. Has anyone already tried this? It claims it will work with the NAV unit and factory XM.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:39 PM

RI Hummer is off the scale

I installed the PAC Audio aux input adapter this past weekend. It works great with great sound quality. My only initial thoughts on the PAC Audio version compared to the one you purchased is the information states "Radio must have AUX or DISC button". My '05 touchscreen Nav does not have this button. Hopefully it will work as the display on the screen would me much better than the PAC audio module (mine still says XM on the display).
The PAC Audio module needs a switch to control the input which I mounted in the console next to my DVD player. The added benefit to the PAC module is I got an additional set of phono audio jacks that I could mount in the console for an additional audio player such as a walkman or Ipod.
The DVD volume is slightly lower while listening to DVD movies relative to XM but while listening to MP3's or CD's on the DVD player it works great. This is by far better than having a changer as all my music is on MP3's anyway I can fit at least 6 CD's worth on one MP3 disc, and now no need to remove the Nav disc for playing discs.

Please post your findings once you install the adapter.

RI
Old 01-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Maybe it is because mine is a wireless FM modulator. Also I see what you are saying about the 05 NAV not having a AUX or DISC button. It does have a band button and it mentions that it works with the NAV units. They only way to know for sure is to try it.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your modulator drawing current directly from the car battery? The easiest fix that I recall, from my high school days, was to install a capacitor connected to the power output of the alternator and the other end grounded, so it runs parallel with the circuit. It's really inexpensive and should solve the problem... If you speak to any local car audio shop, they should be able to show you how to set it up.

'03 H2
Old 02-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

The A1000 system uses a wireless FM modulator. The modulator is built into the AV switch. There is a small wire that acts as an antenna that transmits the FM signal. I called the manufacturer and they know of the problem.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=251106130 1&r=2511061301#2511061301

Solution to better audio