H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-26-2006, 03:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gottmud is on a distinguished road
Default RockRail Sliders Arrived.

I finally received the Rock Rail Rock Sliders I ordered 3 weeks ago. The passenger side was an easy fit, everything lined up really well. The driver side was less easy. The only way I could get the center bracket to line up with the holes in the frame was to use a comealong to pull the bracket over enough to get the bolts started. I admit it was only about 1/8", but it was enough to cause a problem. The quality is very good, and they are really really tough looking sliders. I look forward to the first 'Sliding' adventure.

Adventure, and all the goodies, plus Eevee, my trusty dachtsun.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

fw888 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RockRail Sliders Arrived.

any pictures ?
Adv. Pack, Chrome Pack, Chrome Step Assist, Chrome fuel cover, Chrome Hood with handle, Chrome air intake, Chrome side marker light, Oem Brushguard, Tow Package, Factory Mudflaps Front/Back, XM Radio, OnStar ... more to come
Old 10-26-2006, 04:08 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Old 10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Hummer Professional

Idaho-Hummer is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни

and salsa
Old 10-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottmud
I finally received the Rock Rail Rock Sliders I ordered 3 weeks ago. The passenger side was an easy fit, everything lined up really well. The driver side was less easy. The only way I could get the center bracket to line up with the holes in the frame was to use a comealong to pull the bracket over enough to get the bolts started. I admit it was only about 1/8", but it was enough to cause a problem. The quality is very good, and they are really really tough looking sliders. I look forward to the first 'Sliding' adventure.

Adventure, and all the goodies, plus Eevee, my trusty dachtsun.

Yeah, they have a little trouble with quality assurance!!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Hummer Professional

SR1355 is on a distinguished road

Mine have been on order for about a week, I'll hopefully not have any problems with install. I'll post pics before, during, and after install.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron
Old 11-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Hummer Professional

Just got UPS notice that rock rails are on their way.

Delivery date in 11/6, Monday, hopefully they'll show up on Friday. I taking the day off to build rear storage drawers. It'd be great to get a hold of these and install them Friday.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Hummer Professional

My slides are in Hodgins, IL according tp UPS. Two days from Salt Lake City, that's pathetic, I make that drive from MI in 1 day, but then again I'm a little nuts. What is longest you have driven straight thru, My record is 34 hours. Left Jackson WY, drove to some god foresaken place in ID, turned around and all the way to Jackson, MI. Killer!!!!

Old 11-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

It wouldn't matter if they had them on the truck driving up and down your street right now.. If the delivery date UPS has is Monday they will NOT deliver them until Monday..

I had a package shipped Ground to me a couple of years back via UPS.. It was shipped from Nashville to Memphis.. It showed sitting on the Memphis UPS docks for 3 days.. On the 4th day I called to check on it.. On the 5th day it showed back in Nashville and had NEVER made it to the Memphis hub.. On the 7th day it was on my doorstep..

Rob
Old 11-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Hummer Professional

I know, if they where here in Jax at the local depot I could go and pick them up.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Zoomie is on a distinguished road

Hey Rob!

What part of Memphis are you from? We moved out here three years ago. Used to live near the corner of Kirby & Winchester. Hallshire Drive. Sure do miss the ribs!

I'm waiting for my rails, too. Hell, they haven't even charged my account, yet. I called, and the guy said something about demand outstripping production.
GONE:
2001 Vette convert Black on Black on BlackWHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?
2002 Trailblazer (Wife's)
Old 11-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Hummer Professional

Well, Rails arrived on Monday as scheduled. I went home to install them, got all the tools out. Unpacked everything and verified against parts list. Crawled under H3, wrestled rail into place. These things are heavy and built tough. Each one must weigh about 50# each. Went to install bolts shipped and found they are wrong size. Bolts provided where 12mm 1.0T and bolts needed are 10mm 1.5T, checked parts list and it said that 12 10mm 1.5T bolts are provided. Call Rocky with problem hoping to get new bolts orvernighted. The guy I talked to said that their parts list called for 12mm, they don't even have 10mm in the shop anywhere. I said I'm looking right at the parts list shipped with rails and it clearly indicates that 10mm was to be shipped. After five minutes going back and forth it sorry your on your own. So off to store to pick up right bolts, and back to house. Go to install first rail again get five of six bolts in but there is no way top front bolt is going in. It's aleast 1/8" off. On to other side and same problem, but a few other as well. This is driver side with emergency brake cable on frame rail. The rock rail was notched at first support for cable but not enough, at second support no notch so it deflects cable at bit, and a third support you have to unbolt brake cable support and remove to move cable out of way with no way to rebolt. This leaves cable flopping around with enough slack to end up in rear wheel. I can take care of this but that's not the point. Poor design, poor service, powder coat could be better, it will get scrached but that again is not the point.

They are installed now and look great. I'm sure they are well built and will take anything I can throw at them but they need to work on a few things for me to recommend them. I'll post pics later.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:56 AM
Elcova Newbie

tvguy is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know the wall thickness of the tubing (i.e. .120 wall)?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Linus Gump is on a distinguished road

Who are you getting your sliders from? I bought mine from my dealer parts counter and they fit fine with all of the correct hardware. The only problem I had was trying to wrestle them into place by meyself and get the first bolt started. Plus, there is no room to turn a ratchet anymore than one click.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1355
Go to install first rail again get five of six bolts in but there is no way top front bolt is going in. It's aleast 1/8" off. On to other side and same problem, but a few other as well. This is driver side with emergency brake cable on frame rail. The rock rail was notched at first support for cable but not enough, at second support no notch so it deflects cable at bit, and a third support you have to unbolt brake cable support and remove to move cable out of way with no way to rebolt. This leaves cable flopping around with enough slack to end up in rear wheel. I can take care of this but that's not the point. Poor design, poor service, powder coat could be better, it will get scrached but that again is not the point.

They are installed now and look great. I'm sure they are well built and will take anything I can throw at them but they need to work on a few things for me to recommend them. I'll post pics later.

How did you get the install finished if the bolt holes were off? I had similar problems. Wrong bolts, holes not lining up and bad design around the parking brake cable. I sent mine back.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Hummer Professional

Right now I have just five bolts per side, I will remove rails this weekend elongate problem holes. I like to looks of them so I'm keeping them. While their off I'm going to fab skids to secure to the bottom of mounting arms to help slide over the rocks. I post pics when done.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

yat74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got mine from Rocky Road last night getting ready to install and I'm a little freaked out from all these horror stories. I know they are very functional and look great so whatever it takes to get them on. Those suckers are going on so I can break them in this weekend at Paragon AP.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
shark in the salsa,,,, salsa sharks,,,,, How much can you be saving on these sliders to make it worth all this trouble???

Last edited by HUMMJAY : 11-09-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Hummer Professional

I don't think I saved over the OEM rails but these thing are built like a battle ship. I jacked H3 up with hi-lift off them and had no flex what so ever. They look awesome on the truck. Haven't really looked at the OEM rails to make any comparisions.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1355
I don't think I saved over the OEM rails but these thing are built like a battle ship. I jacked H3 up with hi-lift off them and had no flex what so ever. They look awesome on the truck. Haven't really looked at the OEM rails to make any comparisions.
you 've seen my truck, I've gott'em