H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-04-2005, 11:50 PM

zmojo is off the scale

Is there a drop in k&n filter for the H2? The archives didn't help. The filter that came already installed is a "donaldson power cartridge", that I can hardly blow through. I don't think the H2 is doing much better. :-) I remember that the K&N setup that I put on the Tahoe years ago really made a huge difference. For the H2, I would like to just find the cartridge without going to an aftermarket intake just yet. I checked the K&N site and could not find what I was looking for, and Autozone doesn't list anything for the H2! I know one of you guys has already been through this. I even tried using the Suburban vortec 6000 K&N but it was totally different. suggestions appreciated.

zmojo

zmojo is off the scale

Is there a drop in k&n filter for the H2? The archives didn't help. The filter that came already installed is a "donaldson power cartridge", that I can hardly blow through. I don't think the H2 is doing much better. :-) I remember that the K&N setup that I put on the Tahoe years ago really made a huge difference. For the H2, I would like to just find the cartridge without going to an aftermarket intake just yet. I checked the K&N site and could not find what I was looking for, and Autozone doesn't list anything for the H2! I know one of you guys has already been through this. I even tried using the Suburban vortec 6000 K&N but it was totally different. suggestions appreciated.

zmojo

zmojo is off the scale

zmojo
Old 01-05-2005, 02:19 AM

zmojo is off the scale

Well, having scoured the internet since posting the previous, I found a drop in filter from air raid, green, and true flow. The cheapest air raid was $85 plus shipping. Still could not find a K&N drop in filter, Weird. If anyone has definitive info on the best to use, I would appreciate hearing it otherwise I will go with the air raid and see what happens.
thanx--zmojo
Old 01-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Hummer Professional

mbdougl is off the scale

I recommend the stock paper filter. You don't have to wash it and reoil it. Even if the "high flow" air filters add a few horsepower you will never notice it. Spend your money on something else that will bring you pleasure like food or sex!
Old 01-08-2005, 02:53 AM

zmojo is off the scale

I rarely get in a rush while cruisin the h2, but there is that rare situation when some fool pulls up in the right hand turn only lane at an intersection thinkin he is gonna beat me across to the single thru lane on the other side. I love to play it off and then nail it and see how fast he really is. More than one set of hot shoes has eaten a few yards of dirt after tryin that against my F250. Same for two lanes that narrow down to one across the intersection. And there really is nothin sweeter than hearing a big block opening up with unrestricted air flow. Your suggestion was great but the airraid is way cheaper than good food and sex---at least in my neighborhood. :-) I think dirtyfun might have a qualified opinion on that.
zmojo
Old 01-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

There is no K&N drop in filter. I ran the Extreme flow (K&N filter) for a few months, but went back to stock. You won't be able to tell ANY difference in Hp or performance--except in wet weather.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:37 PM

zmojo is off the scale

Well, having installed the drop-in, it still isn't opening up the airflow much. I suspect the screen located in front of the mass air flow detector is the culprit. I tried to get it off without tearing anything up but it is on there solid. I wonder if anyone has taken it out, or if the complete induction packages eliminate it. I am guessing that it directs/modifies the airflow pattern but it sure looks restrictive at the same time. Anybody know?
zmojo
Old 01-16-2005, 09:22 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

zmojo. I recently installed the Airaid Jr kit. That's the filter you installed and the modular intake tube (MIT). Tube is about $110. Think I saw one for sale in the classified for less but not sure. I definitely noticed a bit of a difference. Certainly not SC but a difference.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:39 PM

zmojo is off the scale

Thanx---Did you remove the mass air flow sensor or screen that is right next to the intake box and drop in filter? I don't know for sure if that is the "mas" but it looks like one. I would get the air raid tube if it gets around that screen that I described. I prefer the cold air intake, or I would go for the whole intake system which I am running on 2 other vehicles with good results.
zmojo
Old 01-16-2005, 10:48 PM

No, it doesn't replace the mass air sensor. Don't know if you can remove the sensor and things run right. Isn't your fuel injection tied into that???
Old 01-17-2005, 02:33 AM

zmojo is off the scale

Yes, the mass air sensor is tied into all of that, but that mesh screen in front of it has got to limit the velocity and volume of the air trying to come through it which is why I am trying to figure how to get it out of there and let the air flow better. They probably designed it that way since high performance was not the focus, hence we can run 87 octane regular without pinging or other problems. I wonder what they do with it when they add a supercharger.
zmojo
Old 01-17-2005, 02:39 AM

I think everything, programing, fuel injection, etc. is changed with a SC. I don't know if the screen really inhibits airflow or not. Guess you could remove it and find out. If it causes problems, put it back in.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not have the screen.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:49 AM

zmojo is off the scale

I tried removing it but it is retained by an aluminum ring that is practically welded onto the the rest of the mas package. The screen is aluminum too and really fragile. I bet if I damage it and the sensor malfals it will cost a bundle cuz I will be forced to by the whole thang. Juz like GM planned it.
zmojo
Old 01-17-2005, 03:14 AM

You're right. I think the screen itself is the sensor and is connected to the "sender". Better leave it alone or go for a SC!
Old 01-17-2005, 03:40 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> posted by zmojo:
... hence we can run 87 octane regular without pinging or other problems...
zmojo <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hence? You murdered Jonbenet Ramsey, didn't you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>13. delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we
14. monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to
15. arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a earlier
16. delivery pickup of your daughter.

6. In lines #13 - 16, the writer states, "If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a earlier pickup of your daughter." The word "hence" is not a very common word. When was the last time you used that word in a sentence? Chances are you have not used it this week. We should look to see if this word appears in any writings of John or Patsy Ramsey. Well, it does. On December 14, 1997, the First United Methodist Church in Boulder, Colorado held a memorial service for JonBenet. In the program, there was "A Christmas Message from the Ramsey Family." This message was also posted on the Ramsey family's web site. In the message, we find the statement, "Had there been no birth of Christ, there would be no hope of eternal life, and, hence, no hope of ever being with our loved ones again."

7. The word "hence" is a transition word. You do not have to use the word "and" with it. For example, "The arcade was closed, hence, I spent my money at the mall." The writer of the ransom note used the incorrect phrase "and hence." In their Christmas Message, the Ramseys used this exact same phrase. "Had there been no birth of Christ, there would be no hope of eternal life, and, hence, no hope of ever being with our loved ones again."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source:
http://www.statementanalysis.com/ramseynote/

Old 01-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have an Granatelli replacement MAF sensor. It does not have the screen.

I also have the Airaid filter and MIT.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

I'm not sure of the H2, but on my Mustang Cobra, the screen assists in straitening the air flow into the MAF. Removing it makes the car stumble at idle. I am not going to remove the screen because of said problems, but if I were to find another MAF, I would try it.

FWIW, with the desire of more HP, even if nominal, I am suprised no one is posting about a synthetic oil change...

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 01-18-2005, 04:57 AM
Hummer Professional

Ed G. is off the scale

Don't buy the True-Flow! I did, from Moss Motors, and I'm returning it. I installed it this last Saturday and immediately noticed a loss of power. I popped the top of the air cleaner housing and removed the filter and noticed that the edge of the filter and the gasket that seals the filter to the housing were too wide and were blocking approx. 20% of the M.A.S. grid.