Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 08-03-2006, 03:57 AM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Buying new pistol, need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
I think I've been keeping up with this thread.

Did you just get the .500? Are you already loading that many different slugs for it? or are those store bought?

I'll Never Tell! ......Maybe!

Collecting some Brass, I can start Reloading in seconds, and Yes \, these are all store bought...Might like a couple of um! The Platinum Tip Hollow Points, (BLACK TALLONS!) Will most likely be my--Have A Nice Day Loads!

Last edited by Big Z : 02-16-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:59 AM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
That and a G22

Interesting. We both like Glock and H&K the best, but you have the little HK and the big Glock, while I have the little Glock (27) and the big HK (USP).
Old 08-03-2006, 04:00 AM
Hummer Authority

Kill-Da-Wabbit!---Hunting Rounds!

Old 08-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
I've heard great things about them, but have never shot one. How do you like the LEM trigger? The P2000 is also intriguing to me.
I really liked the LEM as soon as I picked it up.

It's got a little travel on the first pull like a Glock, but I'm comfortable with that for a carry weapon. The pull is smooth and precise though as compared to the Glock and the reset is very very short so the second can almost be before it's finished with recoil.

I like it because it has the hammer feel but no fumbling with a safety and/or decocker plus if you snap on the the round you can pull the trigger again to hopefully fire the round before having to do a clearance drill.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Interesting. We both like Glock and H&K the best, but you have the little HK and the big Glock, while I have the little Glock (27) and the big HK (USP).
Yeah, I never liked firing the 27. For me it was the typical small pocket gun that was hard to handle for 100 rounds.

The sk is pretty easy to shoot although I don't think it has quite as small a footprint as the 27.

I think my next handgun purchase will probably be a the regular P2000 also with the LEM. You can get one with the decocker if you want, I just like the LEM setup.

EDIT: next handgun purchase AFTER the springfield XD in .45

Last edited by PARAGON : 08-03-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

I do like 357 - I took this shot yesterday - quite cool.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Spooky - I just noticed that my 357th post on this forum was a pic that I took of a 357 - whooooooooo.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
Spooky - I just noticed that my 357th post on this forum was a pic that I took of a 357 - whooooooooo.
that's a cool pic...... just wonder what your 666th post will be?
Old 08-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, thanks for the lessons y'all. Didn't mean to dumbdown the thread from eldave's original "what's best for shooting bears" thread. A couple of years ago, I did research handguns a bit. Shot ~ 3 Glocks, 1 HK, 1 Sigsauer all around 9mm maybe 30 rounds each. To my surprise, I did think that there were differences among them and that I liked the Sigsauer the most. But then I got into Upland hunting and sporting clays so never got back into stationary target shooting again. Maybe, now, I'll look back into it. (After I master golf and fly-fishing .)
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 08-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Hey, thanks for the lessons y'all. Didn't mean to dumbdown the thread from eldave's original "what's best for shooting bears" thread. A couple of years ago, I did research handguns a bit. Shot ~ 3 Glocks, 1 HK, 1 Sigsauer all around 9mm maybe 30 rounds each. To my surprise, I did think that there were differences among them and that I liked the Sigsauer the most. But then I got into Upland hunting and sporting clays so never got back into stationary target shooting again. Maybe, now, I'll look back into it. (After I master golf and fly-fishing .)

Quote:
Maybe, now, I'll look back into it. (After I master golf and fly-fishing
Very Easy To Master, clearing throat, cough...Fly fishing!.....A couple of Dupont Spinners attached to that fly...And Grab a Net! Done! Mastered!

Quote:

Hey, thanks for the lessons y'all. Didn't mean to dumbdown the thread from eldave's original "what's best for shooting bears" thread. A couple of years ago, I did research handguns a bit. Shot ~ 3 Glocks, 1 HK, 1 Sigsauer all around 9mm maybe 30 rounds each. To my surprise, I did think that there were differences among them and that I liked the Sigsauer the most.

There's was NO Dumbing down in the thread! It's ALL .....Good! Have A Little FUN, Learn A Little Bit, Get Down Tonite!.............You are veeerrryyy sleepy.... your eyelids are soooo very heavy.... You will make the drive!!! When I count to 3 you will feel refreshed and ready to plan your trip---To SportsMan WareHouse!......T/C Contender......38spl......12Ga Barrels...........

1..... 2..... 3

Ever try the Star Shoot?

I Kinda Like Fishin Also!......For BUBBA!

Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD

I Love SIGs, and H&Ks...

OLD PHOTO MISSING ANOTHER SIG...
Old 08-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Hummer Authority

Trent! 1.........2..............3! ......Sorry Rox!.......Kinda!..LOL

As This thread passes into oblivion!.....I leave YOU THIS!.....

MOST IMPORTANT RULE

Last edited by Big Z : 02-16-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z
Trent! 1.........2..............3! ......Sorry Rox!.......Kinda!..LOL

As This thread passes into oblivion!.....I leave YOU THIS!.....

MOST IMPORTANT RULE
That wasn't necessary...
Old 08-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 08-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Gun Apes!

(that was really weird Andy. )
Old 08-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Reminds me of a T-shirt I saw a few years ago and wish that I'd bought:

HK
When Negotiations
Break Down

A lot of truth there, I think.

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 08-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
I Love SIGs, and H&Ks...

OLD PHOTO MISSING ANOTHER SIG...

I am GREEN with envy.

Must... GET... HK's... and... SIG's. Must... GET... HK's... and...SIG's.

But, they're not made in USA . (They're not made in CHINA now, are they? )
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 08-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

lifted this from another site. This was posted on someone's Myspace account in a CCW group.
Quote:
Hello All.

I am new to this group; however I am not new to carrying. I have been carrying for awhile now. I have lived my entire life by the traditional Republican values (yes I said I am a Republican and damn proud of it!), the Boy Scout Motto of Be Prepared, and the motto Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I carry six guns. All of them are Glocks in .40 S&@ caliber with Night Sights and are bone stock except for some wolf springs. I carry 2 Glock 22s on my right and left hips in C-Tacs, 2 Glock 23s in my Alessi Bodyguard shoulder holster, 1 Glock 27 on my left ankle, and another Glock 27 in my right hand pocket. I also carry some folding knives. I carry 2 Chris Reeves folding knives, both of them are Sebenzas. I carry the small one in the left hand pocket of my 5.11 Tactical pants. I carry the larger one in the mag pocket on the right hand side with a Glock 22 magazine. I carry another 4 Glock 22 magazines behind the guns on my hips. I carry an extra magazine on a mag pouch on my right hip. I also carry a surefire E2E flashlight clipped onto my left hand pocket. You never know when you will need a light. I am going to be carrying 2 pairs of hand cuffs when I decide on a decent manufacturer and holster (suggestions are wanted). For my commo gear (I wasnt in the military but I adopted some of it into my everyday lingo through many CCW courses) I use a Nextel I560 phone in black (dont want to get the yellow one and give my reflection away in case some BG seems me in an alley) and I have a Pager with Skytel service. I also have a Zippo lighter in case I need to make a torch or something if stuck in a Hurricane Katrina situation. I also carry some OC spray (Fox labs if youre wondering)

I just wanted to share some of my experiences. I have been carrying a long time. I remember when I got my first permit. I felt ecstatic. It was an awesome responsibility I was ready to deal with. Not to mention I had been trained for it. I took an intensive CCW class that was several hours in length and have taken a few classes since then. I was like a Police Officer on his first shift. I was so happy that I had been granted the right to carry because there needs to be many more CCWers to help bring crime rates down. It is a heavy burden that we as Sheepdogs have to bear to protect the sheeple.

On my first day CCWing I went on patrol and walked around the entire neighborhood watching things with my hyper sense of awareness. Nobody but other CCWers understands what I am talking about. I walked through the neighborhood and I saw the illegal immigrants sitting on the stoop watching me with a keen eye. I suspect that they were intimidated by my presence (I am 61 and 325 lbs) with a 50 inch waist. I dont understand Spanish but they must have been talking about me.

As a side note, what does Gordo mean?

I continued walking and I saw some gangbangers. There were 4 urban youth (read black kids playing basketball with jerseys listening to crap music err I mean rap music) who were probably carrying illegally. They were talking on someones porch. They looked at me and started talking amongst themselves. One of them called me biggie (some sort of respect thing?) and I kept walking.

As I got further into town I realized I needed to recharge my batteries with some food. I got myself a burrito at the local store. It was being worked by illegals (they are everywhere arent they?) but they make some damn good burritos and nachos. I got a huge super burrito (the kind that are football size) and some nachos with extra cheese and jalapenos. A large soda would wash that down nicely. I brought my food to the table and then got up to fill my soda (it was a self serve soda fountain) when some illegal immigrant gangbanger drug dealers walked in. One of them looked at me and I knew I was in for some trouble. They were probably packing guns. Gangbangers always pack lorcins and hi-points and not quality tactical gear. I made eye contact to let them know that I am hyper aware and that they will not be getting past me should something go down. Those stupid illegal immigrant gangbangers would regret messing with me.

Sure enough they called me a racist name. (Only white people can be racist, stupid racist illegal loving liberals!). I ignored it because I never start trouble when I am CCWing. I just waited in line for the soda machine when one of them pushed me. He wasnt strong enough to push my 345 lb frame. I told him not to touch me and took a defensive posture. I read about it on some tactical forums. Its one Navy SEALs use when going into close quarters combat. (I am not a SEAL or a veteran but I train just as hard with my CCW.) My CCW instructor approved of it and I told the illegal scumbag gangbanger that I would use force to defend myself and my family (who were not there, they dont patrol the neighborhood with me) if he should continue his attack.

They laughed and pushed me again. I pushed back. I threw my weight into it and pushed him into some tables. His other stupid Mexican illegal immigrant friend started saying something in Spanish and he put his hand into his pocket. I reached for the Glock 22 on my right hip and drew. The illegal immigrant took his hand out of his pocket and I told him to get down on the ground. Then I told his buddies to do the same thing. I then proceeded to handcuff the one who pushed me and the bigger of the other two. I then put on some Hatch Cooltac gloves and searched them. All of the employees in the store and the customers started clapping and cheering for me.

Bu not one to neglect my civic duty I had to keep a close eye and my Glock on the other one until my backup arrived. The responding officers came in with their guns drawn and ready to do some wet work. I laughed as once they saw me they put their guns away and I holstered mine. They proceeded to laugh once they saw I had the situation under complete control. They asked my advice on guns and we talked. I told them how I considered law enforcement at one point but I felt the job wasnt my forte. They didnt cuff me or anything and just took a statement. One of them even offered to buy me lunch and I got the number of one of the female officers who responded to the man with a gun call. When will the liberal anti-gunners learn that people like me are able to handle ourselves and act as sheepdogs for them (the sheeple)? Anyway we are going to the range and I am going to show her how to shoot. She also expressed getting her CCW permit. Luckily I have a lot of training and know a lot of people so she will probably taking a class where she will learn to think tactically.

After about 10 minutes of questioning from the cops I was ready to hit the streets again. I continued to walk down the street and check the neighborhood out. I decided that I should probably check the local Dunkin Donuts / Baskin Robbins out. I wanted to stop and rest my tired feet but as a civic minded CCWer I would not shirk my god given responsibilities to protect the neighborhood. I went in and got myself an extra large Peanut Butter and Chocolate malt. As I waited for the ******* to make my malt I noticed one of the officers I saw at the burrito shop. He nodded at me and I sat down at the table next to him. He told me what a good job I did and how much he loved responsible CCWers. I told him that it was just the training from my CCW classes. The whole You default to your level of training thing. He was very impressed and said I would make a fine tac-officer (SWAT for all you non-LEO types). Then he offered to pay for my malt as the ******* guy who worked there called out my order.

That was just one of my many forays into the streets. What made it unique was that it was my first day CCWing. Since then I have become an old hand when it comes to CCWing. I just wanted to share what my first day was like.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Hummer Authority

Guess He Likes Throwing His WEIGHT Around! ........Dr. must have told him to start walking.......And to Include Ankle & Torso Weights! ..........Much!.....MUCH BETTER!............. than SOUP CANS! ...........And Nothing Wrong With Losing a few.........EXTRA OUNCES! ..............If Push Comes To..................Self Defense!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Name:  model-atf-C375.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  28.2 KB