Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 12-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hate Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcmedic
Are you really going to bring religion into this. What exactly does the good book say about punishment????

http://www.bible.ca/ef/topical-the-b...punishment.htm

Old 12-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Hummer Expert

And another one....

http://www.str.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5164

I really like this one...
Rom 13:3-4 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil.

I'm not a very religious person by any means...but you brought it up Tower.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not very religious either; however, nowhere have any of your links indicated that killing is acceptable. They list only other people's interpretations of what is scriptural but the scripture which they cite does not support your position. Only your interpretation of said scripture does so. But you clearly feel that you have the right to take human life. So do I, but only as a last resort in circumstances of immediate defense of other life or lives. You are entitled to your opinion, but the links you cite do NOT support your position. Furthermore, you have done nothing to sway me from my position. For me, it is fine for us to agree to disagree on this.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower
It's so much easier to polarize people into black/white, good/evil.
Name:  thats_racist.gif
Views: 185
Size:  117.0 KB

That's racist! All people need to be treated EXACTLY the same way, under any and all circumstances. Such as white children should be tested for sickle cell even tho it's rarely ever found in white children. We have to be fair, don't we?

And as for the good/evil thing, fagetaboutit. All people are sweet and generous and nice all over. That's why I want more education, more therapy, and more drugs for all the people who think there are evil folks among us.

Last edited by KenP : 12-26-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Most (58.5%) of the daily cost to incarcerate an inmate in a major prison is spent on security, followed by 21.8% for medical services.
Well hell, I see a way to save millions/yr all the way around.

Cut out the medical and maybe a bunch of them will die saving us millions in attorney fees, not to mention the medical cost itself, housing, security since the convict would be dead, food, etc.

Why has no one figured this out?
Old 12-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Hummer Expert

First of all, I never had any intention of "swaying" anybodys viewpoint on this. You can be against the death penalty all day every day for all I care. I can respect someones viewpoint on this. But at least pick a side and stick to it. Don't talk about how you're a die hard anti death penalty person, and then talk about how you'd have to re-think your stance if something happened to someone you cared about. Doesn't sound to die-hard to me. But maybe that's just my "interpretation" of what she wrote.
Second, I do not think I have the right to take a human life. I think that the court system has the right to hand down that type of punishment in certain instances. In my opinion, there are crimes so horrible, that someone does not deserve to live out their days in prison watching cable and getting 3 meals a day provided to them. Prison time is no longer a deterrent to crime. Some people seem to do everything in their power to keep going back. (Don't even give me some sort of "product of their environment" crap). In a word without the death penalty, what's to keep people from shooting at Cops/Firemen/EMS while on duty? A BS life sentence where they'll be out in 20-30 years??? Or life without parole??? Some of them have been in jail so many times that it wouldn't even phase them.
Tower, I respect the fact you have a different opinion than me....but don't expect me not to call you out on it if/when you change your mind.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP

Cut out the medical and maybe a bunch of them will die saving us millions in attorney fees, not to mention the medical cost itself, housing, security since the convict would be dead, food, etc.

If you ever run for office, I'm moving to VA Beach and voting for you.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:45 AM
Hummer Expert

Karsun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Did you not see the smiley face after the comment?
It's the internet...lighten up! Or apparently CP will have that nimrod Gore turn it off and I'll have nothing to do while at work....I'd have to resort to pissing off my co-workers.

Cool.
Yellow2003 Luxury, 2 inch lift with Helo Maxx8 20X10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country LT325//60//R20 tires,black tublar steps,taillight and brush guards,8500k Bi Xenon Bulbs, KC Lights, Recon Smoked roof lights
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 12-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP

Perhaps they have a concept of cruel and unusual punishment.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
First of all, I never had any intention of "swaying" anybodys viewpoint on this. You can be against the death penalty all day every day for all I care. If that is true, why are you writing so much on this thread? I can respect someones viewpoint on this. But at least pick a side and stick to it. Don't talk about how you're a die hard anti death penalty person, and then talk about how you'd have to re-think your stance if something happened to someone you cared about. Why not? It must be difficult for you living in a world where things are as they are, rather than how you think they should be. Doesn't sound to die-hard to me. But maybe that's just my "interpretation" of what she wrote.
Second, I do not think I have the right to take a human life. I think that the court system has the right to hand down that type of punishment in certain instances. That is just you hiding behind "the system" so that you do not have to throw the switch. There is no real difference. I would have more respect for you if you did throw the switch, much as I have more respect for hunters than for those who say "Hunting is disgusting", yet pay others to slaughter their meat. In my opinion, there are crimes so horrible, that someone does not deserve to live And by what authority do you make that decree? out their days in prison watching cable and getting 3 meals a day provided to them. Yes, going to prison is like an all expense paid vacation, isn't it? Prison time is no longer a deterrent to crime. You are absolutely right. And until it is geared more toward rehabilitation, that will continue to be the case. Some people seem to do everything in their power to keep going back. (Don't even give me some sort of "product of their environment" crap). Why not? Are you now arguing my side of this for me? In a word without the death penalty, what's to keep people from shooting at Cops/Firemen/EMS while on duty? That is true with the death penalty as well, so if you want it to stop, you need to think of a better solution! A BS life sentence where they'll be out in 20-30 years??? Or life without parole??? Some of them have been in jail so many times that it wouldn't even phase them. Very true, I agree with you.
Tower, I respect the fact you have a different opinion than me....but don't expect me not to call you out on it if/when you change your mind.
I'm shaking with fear and anticipation of being called out by you. I didn't realize that changing one's mind was a mortal sin.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:09 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading this thread is cruel and unusual punishment.

Make it stop! make it stop! Mah eyes are bleeding!

Quote:
Perhaps they have a concept of cruel and unusual punishment.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:23 AM
Hummer Messiah

I'm changing my mind. Kill them all. Just kill all the bad ones.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
I'm shaking with fear and anticipation of being called out by you. I didn't realize that changing one's mind was a mortal sin.

At this point you're arguing just to keep this going. You decided to jump into this and argue a side (quite poorly I might add), and now are just grasping at straws. Changing ones mind is not a mortal sin, but arguing for something that you're not so sure about is pretty lame. At least Karsun made some valid points.

Also, I feel so empty inside knowing that you don't have any respect for me. It's the internet...get over yourself. I think I need a
Old 12-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang, do I have to go and read this whole thread?

Nah. I agree with whatever Marc says.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparker
Reading this thread is cruel and unusual punishment.

Make it stop! make it stop! Mah eyes are bleeding!

I wish I could stop. But I'm bored...there is nothing on TV in the station, we haven't run a call since 4, and getting Tower all worked up is proving to be pretty entertaining (for me at least).
Old 12-26-2007, 04:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Iand getting Tower all lathered up is proving to be pretty entertaining (for me at least).

Please don't ever say that again. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:30 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Dang, do I have to go and read this whole thread?

Nah. I agree with whatever Marc says.

I'm glad we reconciled our differences after the "who's ass print is this on all my melted candy bars" episode.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:31 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Please don't ever say that again. Thanks.

Quit padding in my padding thread!!! I'm destined to break a thousand one of these days!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:50 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
I'm glad we reconciled our differences after the "who's ass print is this on all my melted candy bars" episode.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. If I every find one of your Reeses peanut butter cups lying around I'm gonna shove it straight up my butt. No offense.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:58 AM
Hummer Expert

I'm not offended at all...You can shove any candy bar you'd like up there. It'll just become yours at that point.