H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-06-2004, 04:17 AM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

What are your thoughts on this set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33564&item=7939385 194&rd=1
Hummer Expert

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33564&item=7939385 194&rd=1
Hummer Expert

Old 12-06-2004, 03:47 PM

H2Beast is off the scale

Hi JMV,

I've also installed slotted rotors 4 months ago, I bought mine from SMA, I'm really happy with my breaks. I also use their carbon kevlar brake pads. You will feel the diff., I needed to put these on as I'm running 40" tires.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

I would not buy the e-bay rotors---what pads are they designed for, etc????? Their pic shows four different slot/drill configurations. Which one??????? I think it is best to stick with a known manufacturers. These are the brakes--the most important system on the H2.

I have slotted and crossdrilled rotors. I got a set from AP Racing and powdercoated them to match my H2. The install article will be in the next Ultimate Hummers Mag. (I did not go with Brembo because their upgrade does not yet work on 18" wheels. They are working with Weld Racing now to see if they can get a set to work with 18's).

They give me a much firmer pedal and much cooler brakes. My origional OEM brakes measured 500 + degrees after 6 consecutive 40MPH to 20MPH stops. These measured at little less than 320 degrees after the same test. Good for towing and reducing brake fade--Yes.

I have not yet been able to test the 60 to zero improvement because I need some more pad break in time. HOWEVER--the only thing I cared about is the 60-zero stop, so the jury is still out as to whether the bigger calipers and rotors were worth the cost.

I would like to test the SMA set up. I think the SMA set would do well for the given dollar. If anyone in or near NJ has this setup, please PM me. I would like to run some side by side tests. I will buy you lunch and bring my temp measuring equipment and a tape measure.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

My only concern with cross drilled and slotted rotors is when your out in the mud. The dirt packs in the holes and can scare your rotor.

Porsche has been putting cross drilled rotor on thier cars for years, but the Cayenne which has great breaks are not cross drilled or slotted. I asked why, and it was for this reason.