H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-02-2004, 01:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

coach3rd is off the scale

Any advice on a good brand of a roof mounted (via the cross bars) carrier for extra space. I would like one that will not scratch or damage the H2 at all including the cross bars. I need room for luggage and snowboards.
Hummer Veteran

Any advice on a good brand of a roof mounted (via the cross bars) carrier for extra space. I would like one that will not scratch or damage the H2 at all including the cross bars. I need room for luggage and snowboards.
Hummer Veteran

Old 12-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Coach
I watched ebay and got a Hummer brand roof luggage box for $350 including shipping it was used once and it looks new, I think new they are around $700 plus tax. It is black with Hummer in big letters on each side and has locks. I think I remember You saying You do not like ebay to many crooks. If you will watch the feedback you an pick ouy who to buy from. I try, depending on the number of sales, not to buy unless thier rating is at 95% or higher. I have bought at least 125 items and have never had a problem. Ebay will get rid of trouble makers. That would be My best advice is buy the carrier that was designed to fit H2.
Rick
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 12-02-2004, 04:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Coach, I think one of our CO buddies has/had a small Thule basket he mounted on his racks. Maybe Alec?

If you are looking for a closed carrier, I bet Ski World could hook you up with a Thule. I believe that is who makes the H2 carrier you would get from the dealer.

Where and what do you coach? I grew up in VB and went Thoroughgood, Independence and Cox.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the replys.

Ken, I have been coaching Baseball for years. My son and daughter both play AAU/USSSA baseball and softball. We travel all over the country playing in various types of tournaments. Last year we finished 2nd at Nationals in Minnesota with my sons team. I actually grew up in Georgia. Been here about 14 years.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Why not ditch the crossbars and get a Gobi rack?? Have you looked at them? There's a link along the left margin.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is a roof mounted caro carrier.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Coach
Ken is right the Hummer carrier is a Thule. What surprised me was when I started shopping the actual Thule brand cost as much or more than the Hummer new. So, that is why I started a search on ebay and saved it to my favorites till I got at the price I wanted. I decided that I did not want to pay more than $375.00 including shipping. It took about 2 months and zI was about ready to go to Thule or Hummer I hit pay dirt. They do both lock and can be raised from either side the way the hignes are made.
Rick
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 12-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

Looks like I will have to start shopping ebay to get a deal. If not I will shop locally until I find something. Do you guys know how these Thule carriers mount to the racks? Are they easy to install and remove? Are they gentle on the racks?