H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

Vandakeg is off the scale

It looks as though there is a TV Tuner in the DVD Headrest system. I can change the source to TV, and change channels.. but either I don't have any reception, or the TV Tuner is non-existant. Does anyone know any other info about this?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

It looks as though there is a TV Tuner in the DVD Headrest system. I can change the source to TV, and change channels.. but either I don't have any reception, or the TV Tuner is non-existant. Does anyone know any other info about this?
Old 02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

MOst of the systems out there do not come with a tv tuner and most of the tuners leave a lot to be desired!! The only tuners that we recommend are the amplified systems that come with the higer end Kenwood and Alpine models. You can get stand alone units but I liken it to walking around the house with the rabbit ears on the old 1970's tv--mostly static and poor reception
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never found a stand alone tuner to get any reception worth the trouble of installing it. I just gave up and watch DVDs.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

I just kind of assumed that since I can change channels on the monitor, that it had a TV Tuner. I can auto program channels 2 - 69, but none of them are watchable. Is there an antenna somewhere? Where is the main unit that connects the two headrests together located?

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-16-2006, 02:52 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

What kind of system is it?
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 02-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked the same question yesterday. Looked through the manual last night and based on the way it reads, sounds to me like it has it's own tuner. I can't get any channels either.

Kodiakz,

This is the system they are selling for $299 as a promo right now. Do you have a site showing what you sell? I have seen a number of posts mentioning people getting this or that from you and would like to see what you carry.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Anybody know where the control module is? I can't seem to find it.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

HummerNewbie, we carry most major brands of a/v gear, dvd/nav (oem and aftermarket)/backup cameras, sirius/xm (oem and aftermarket), security/remote start, passport radar detectors, blue tooth cellular kits, hid lighting, etc. No web site as I maintain a status of being a pure expeditior--I sell mainly to dealerships who don't want their customers to come see something on my site for less than what they were quoted or charged.

Vandakeg, not sure where they put that module in the H3. You could take a peek under one of the front seats and try to ascertain where the cables from the headrests are heading to. It will likely be under one of the seats, or possibly located under the dash on driver's side. Is that system built by Vizualogic? If so, I can call their tech support and find it's location if you are unable to do so.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:06 AM
Hummer Expert

ZigsRig is off the scale

Kodiak,

Would you ahve time this week to check out a f*cked up alarm?
Old 02-17-2006, 03:45 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

PM me!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

Kodiakz, Yeah, it is the visualogic system. I tried following the wires to locate the module, but I lose them under the center console. It's definitely not under the seats, and I couldn't find anything under that dash anywhere. My best guess would be it's mounted in the center console somewhere... I just don't know if I feel like tearing that all apart!

The guys at the dealership did a pretty poor job of running the wires, they ran them along side the console, and then under the console halfway up. So if I have the drivers seat moved up you can see the wires... Just doesn't look clean to me.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kodiakz:
HummerNewbie, we carry most major brands of a/v gear, dvd/nav (oem and aftermarket)/backup cameras, sirius/xm (oem and aftermarket), security/remote start, passport radar detectors, blue tooth cellular kits, hid lighting, etc. No web site as I maintain a status of being a pure expeditior--I sell mainly to dealerships who don't want their customers to come see something on my site for less than what they were quoted or charged.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info. I can certainly understand the dealers not wanting you to have a site with pricing since they probably charge double. I will definitely contact you when shopping for something. I am thinking about getting a double din NAV unit like the Pioneer or Eclipse. I will PM you to see what you have.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for the info. I can certainly understand the dealers not wanting you to have a site with pricing since they probably charge double. I will definitely contact you when shopping for something. I am thinking about getting a double din NAV unit like the Pioneer or Eclipse. I will PM you to see what you have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The eclipse is great no problems it does it all.I recomend it
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
The eclipse is great no problems it does it all.I recomend it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the feedback on it 442. Anyone else?

Old 02-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

I just went to a local Car Audio installer, and he really tried to sell me on the Pioneer AVIC-N2 over the Eclipse. I told him I didn't really want a flip out, I want a fixed screen, but he told me the navigation accuracy is much better on the Pioneer.

After searching on this forum, it seems more people have gone w/ Pioneer over Eclipse.