H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Variation on the theme. Installed Manik rocker bars today after I had the Husky flaps for some times (in front only). No problem at all as the bars do not extend all the way up or back. I love how there are holes on the frame so these things can just be put on. Brilliant. Next stop, underbody bars.
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 02-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

HUMRCHIC is off the scale

I ordered mine the other day. eBay also.

8033071591 Husky Liner Mud Flaps Splash Guards H3 Hummer *2 SETS* 1 $41.95 USD $41.95 USD

And that is both sets!!! I can't wait!

See where other H3 owners are. Click Here

http://www.frappr.com/hummerh3owners

Join our Hummer Community and CHAT live with other H3 owners!!!
http://groups.msn.com/H3Owners
Old 02-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought a set of huskys and installed the front ones right away and it has decreased the crap (ie salt and road grime) on the side of the hummer by 80%. I have yet to install the rears but I think the next thing I will try to resolve will be the grime filling the rear door jams.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 02-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dscott:
it has decreased the crap (ie salt and road grime) on the side of the hummer by 80%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you use the same math as when figuring out your MPG?

Old 02-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Steve - SanJose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sewie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dscott:
it has decreased the crap (ie salt and road grime) on the side of the hummer by 80%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you use the same math as when figuring out your MPG? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I wasn't the only one puzzled by the MPG post?

But these Husky flaps seem better than my OEM flaps.

S.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

I have officially gotten tired of the GM Flaps. They really do very little to protect the rear fenders and my beautiful Yelow Hummer looks bad after a few moments on the road after a wash.

I am not into needing to look great all the time but at least few miles after a wash would be nice.

My quesiton is about the material used for the 3M Clear Bra. Has anyone tried to put that on the rear fenders to protect the paint?

Also, is there more than one Husky flap? I want to make sure I get the ones with the most coverage. Product number anyone?
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

As far as I know Husky have only one type for the H3:

Fronts: 56711
Rear: 57711

http://www.huskyliners.com/hummerguards.html
Old 02-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by z:
.....For off-road use, use flexible ones like mine. .....….. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what kind are those and from whom do we check with to order them? Someone implied that they thought you were trying to sell these, are u? If not who is?

Have you found them to work well?

Do they seem to help with the snow/slush/grime/mud covered fender flares and the "keep me clean for a day" doors?

How much did they cost?

So far it seems like only a few people have had success whether it is the Husky or the GM flaps. My GM flaps do not work great. It has been a "High Weather Event" winter here and I do not need it to look flashy just good enough to see my company logos which are on the way, and to protect the body...I am either putting people in my truck/moble office or arriving at their door several times a week so it wouldn't hurt if the flaps worked better.

Don't get me wrong, I like the mud look and I bet most of you don't wash the red sand and clay off your truck for a week after you leave Moab...kind of a badge of honor. But on Business call...clean would be nice once in a while.
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.