H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 09-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

I went to http://www.1010tires.com and the measurement of yours and my tires (diameter & width) are almost the same. Given that, I'm going to try at least if we do decide to get the H3. It's odd but visually my set looks larger.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by humv:
The ones that I have on are as close as I would want to mount on there without a lift.I think that a true 35" tire would have to be close to what you would call a 37".A 37" tire would probably measure close to a 35" such as a BFG. That I know would not fit. I'm not a tire expert by no means,but I don't know of anyone that makes a "true" 35" tire.
Keep in mind the bigger the tire and wheels the more weight and rolling mass you have to contend with as well.
I have about 2500 miles on my tires right now and still love them!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kacyk:
There's a lot of reference to "35's" but will a true 35/12.50-18 M/T fit without a lift? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 09-11-2005, 10:52 PM

humv is off the scale

Are you planning to put those tires and rims on an H3? An H3 is six lug and the set you are showing is an 8 lug? Just checking.Perhaps your intent was to purchase a new set of rims or are you going to mount them on stock rims as i did? Keep in mind the offset and width of the rim may make a difference when turning lock to lock.
Good looking set though.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kacyk:
I went to http://www.1010tires.com and the measurement of yours and my tires (diameter & width) are almost the same. Given that, I'm going to try at least if we do decide to get the H3. It's odd but visually my set looks larger.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by humv:
The ones that I have on are as close as I would want to mount on there without a lift.I think that a true 35" tire would have to be close to what you would call a 37".A 37" tire would probably measure close to a 35" such as a BFG. That I know would not fit. I'm not a tire expert by no means,but I don't know of anyone that makes a "true" 35" tire.
Keep in mind the bigger the tire and wheels the more weight and rolling mass you have to contend with as well.
I have about 2500 miles on my tires right now and still love them!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kacyk:
There's a lot of reference to "35's" but will a true 35/12.50-18 M/T fit without a lift? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

Unfortunately I do know that the wheels won't fit. However, it will give me the opportunity to get Lexani's again. These were the Lexani's on our first H2.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2006, 03:20 AM

Chaugar is off the scale

I adjusted it aprox 5 turns.From lock to lock you have aprox 1.5 inches from hitting the swaybar or the A arm. there is plenty of room. The guy that mounted the tires was surprised as well. When looking at them before they were mounted he said that they wouldn't fit.Like I said he was surprised.Oh when adjusted to 1.5 inches measure under the front fender then the back. There should be aprox 1" difference. Keep in mind 35's will fit without cranking the bars.I just wanted to get the nose up a little. Sacrificed a little in the ride department but its something I can live with.They clear even with the mud flaps on.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Here they are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks good! How many turns did you take the torsion bars up to make them fit? Also, how close do they get at full lock left and right?

That tire looks quite a bit wider than the stock one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5 turns? I thought 2 to 2.5 turns was the max you wanted to do. Will 2-2.5 turns allow for the 35's to fit or do I need 5 full turns?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:36 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chaugar:
I adjusted it aprox 5 turns.From lock to lock you have aprox 1.5 inches from hitting the swaybar or the A arm. there is plenty of room. The guy that mounted the tires was surprised as well. When looking at them before they were mounted he said that they wouldn't fit.Like I said he was surprised.Oh when adjusted to 1.5 inches measure under the front fender then the back. There should be aprox 1" difference. Keep in mind 35's will fit without cranking the bars.I just wanted to get the nose up a little. Sacrificed a little in the ride department but its something I can live with.They clear even with the mud flaps on.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:

Looks good! How many turns did you take the torsion bars up to make them fit? Also, how close do they get at full lock left and right?

That tire looks quite a bit wider than the stock one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5 turns? I thought 2 to 2.5 turns was the max you wanted to do. Will 2-2.5 turns allow for the 35's to fit or do I need 5 full turns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2.5 turns will fit the 35's. You do not want to crank it 5 times.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

2.5 times is correct.I apologize for misleading anyone, don't know why I said five turns.Don't go any more than 2.5 Thanks Kacyk for correcting this. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kacyk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chaugar:

5 turns? I thought 2 to 2.5 turns was the max you wanted to do. Will 2-2.5 turns allow for the 35's to fit or do I need 5 full turns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2.5 turns will fit the 35's. You do not want to crank it 5 times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Hummer Professional

StarsnBars is off the scale

Very nice Humv. Post back on how they work offroad,,looks like they will preform nicely..